TUF 5 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 5 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Sam_Rothstein
6/15/07 12:13:19AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

if that is the case i could easily see two from team pulver making it

i think manny is a horrible match up for lauzon, and i even am gonna go against the guy i thought was gonna win the season and go with manny to beat joe

you might wonder why i say that, well for one lauzon is a beast but i do notice that hes the agressor in his fights, and i think with manny coming at him full force he will not be able to handle someone with good strikes and a great ground game

plus is just me or has anyone noticed that joe lauzons 3 losses all came from non american fighters

he lost by tko to jorge masvidal in 2005
in the same year he was submitted by ivan menjivar
and in 2006 he was submitted by Rafael Assuncao

maybe thats just a wierd coincidence or maybe its just that he is bad against foreign fighters, either way i see manny being loss #4 for the favorite

also i see nate diaz taking gray maynard due to the fact that basically got embarassed by corey hill before he eventually got the tap. not that he didnt make easy work of corey on the ground but the diaz brothers are known for not being afraid to strike with anyone

so im going with nate diaz and manny gamburyan in the finals

hahahaha i knew it!
Trapt1nw0nder
6/15/07 12:18:04AM
Manny is gonna be a tough tough test for Nate....i really wanted Lauzon to win since i knew Nate would have a better shot against Lauzon.........the reason it will be so tough for Nate is because Manny is soo stong on top position and very strong physically and it will be tough for Nate to pull an armbar on someone that strong,and Manny also doesnt have much of a neck for Nate to get good hold of a choke.........all i know is that Nick will be in Nate's corner,and Karo in the other........Damn proud of Nate,and he looked great tonight..hope he can pull it off!
disorderlyvision
6/15/07 12:18:10AM
aaaahhhhhh son of a.....damnit lauzon.
Manfred
6/15/07 1:19:15AM
so will it be Lauzon/Maynard for the #3 spot in the finale? (Haven't seen the show yet)
ProfessorChaos
6/15/07 2:10:26AM
Ping Pong match for 10k.

Count me in on that one.
Northrend
6/15/07 3:09:10AM

Posted by kaduey

I love the Diaz brothers. These guys may be mouthy little bastards but they back it up every time. Who does Karo think he is anyway? You don't go around treating another fighter like that. Then he has the nerve to say "Do you know who I am?". I hate it when people say that shit. I hope Nick calls Karo out for a rematch. Their first fight was awesome, I'm sure any fan would like a rematch.

I lost alot of respect for Karo after I read one of his interviews..he was so cocky and disrespectfull. This didn't help either at all...
Nacho
6/15/07 3:10:48AM
Dana should have brought in a sparkletts botttle full of nickels for even more effect. I would have taken that pile of singles straight to Crazy Horse II.

Louzon- We still love ya. I look forward to reading a positive blog, as I am sure you have a bright future in MMA.

Poor Cole! Been there....

Karo- I may have to reconsider you as one of my favorite fighters. Picking on a 23 year old 155er is not cool. It was nice to see that Manny didn't side with family on that one... Karo was plain wrong.

Nate and Manny both got what they deserved. They both proved that they wanted it the most. I look forward to seeing their fight.

I am pulling for Jens in this fight. Nothing against BJ... I just see where Jens is coming from with the lack of respect BJ shows him. I think this is going to be an awesome match up.

Good season. I'm looking forward to FN10!
Nacho
6/15/07 3:12:39AM
(Double post)
CornishMMA
6/15/07 5:22:47AM
CANT WAIT to see Karo and Nick after the fight in the octagon together ........ YOU JUST KNOW Nick will start some **** with him
richieb19
6/15/07 9:31:46AM

Posted by Nacho

Karo- I may have to reconsider you as one of my favorite fighters. Picking on a 23 year old 155er is not cool. It was nice to see that Manny didn't side with family on that one... Karo was plain wrong.

I don't usually like to post about TUF, but how exactly does everyone see Karo as the instigator here? Albeit he may have been cocky and even rude by gripping Nate 's shoulder and whatnot, but thats no reason at all for Diaz to stand up and start shit. Thats just how he (and his brother) is, they try to make something out of nothing, Nick has done it with the hospital fight and other occasions, and this season alone Nate wanted to fight Emerson for writing on the wall, and Miller for retaliating on a prank. He's just like alot of people I know, if ever an occasion arises that isn't even remotely worth fighting about, they'll try their bests to make it happen anyways, puff their chests out, talk smack and not actually back anything up. Now don't get me wrong here I respect the Diaz bros as fighters, but even in this instance it was obvious what Nate was trying to do, which is look tough and talk smack... he kept backing up when Karo wouldn't play the frightened role he wanted, and said shit like "I'm gonna sock you" when Karo was almost out of the room. Karo may be a cocky guy, but he has the right to be, and if Nate didn't like Karo rubbing up on him he just had to say so without being a total douche and it would have been settled...

/rant
cmill21
6/15/07 9:35:25AM
I can't see nick winning though, karo's improved alot more the nick. As for tonights TUF, little dissapointed with the fight, manny's not at all exciting to watch, all he does is get you down throw a couple punches, and lays on you. If he fights a more experienced fighter, or someone who doesn't look as tired/hesitant as Joe, he will get his ass kicked. Agreed with the post above, I wish he had "socked" karo, would have been a bloodbath.
scoozna
6/15/07 11:39:24AM
I think who acted tough and who talked smack is irrelevant. I love Karo as a figher, but he shouldn't have let it get anywhere near as heated as it did - but that's his thing - he's a complete hot-head. No class just heat (nice pun).

It's not the Karo show. He's not even a coach. He just showed up to help his cousin. Back off Mr. Touchy Feely.
Ydoc
6/15/07 12:39:28PM
Some guys just don't like to be touched, and you really can't blame Nate for raising a stink, no one wants to be batted around by some guy they don't even know. No one wants to be bullied no matter how playful it appears.
ProfessorChaos
6/15/07 12:56:46PM
TUF 7

Nick Diaz vs Karo Parisyan

That would probably be the most entertaining show ever created. Dana has to find a way to make it happen.
Manfred
6/15/07 2:38:18PM
fedorwins1
6/15/07 2:44:49PM
This was the funniest episode ever! I loved the slow motion ping pong stuff and Dana's face was priceless, also the fruit war lol that was awesome. Big props to Manny, he had a tough road to the finals. Nate will have to use his reach to keep Manny away and he will have to work on his takedown defence. I still see Nate winning a dec. it will be a war though!
Trapt1nw0nder
6/15/07 2:49:56PM

Posted by Ydoc

Some guys just don't like to be touched, and you really can't blame Nate for raising a stink, no one wants to be batted around by some guy they don't even know. No one wants to be bullied no matter how playful it appears.

I totally agree with you......some people dont like to be touched and played with like that......and i TOTALLY disagree with Richie....Nate was playing it cool,and WAS warning Karo to back off him,but Karo never got the hint and kept on nagging and fustrating Nate....and the show is edited...who knows how long Karo kept F*cking with Nate till he lost his cool......and im not biased with this..i love Karo as a fighter,but he f*cked up last nights episode

I dont know why alot of people hate on Nate anyways...he NEVER did anything to anyone in the show that he didnt have a good reason to...and that deal with Cole was just him f*cking around.....
Manfred
6/15/07 11:38:07PM
Lauzon said Karo acted like that after his fight too.

After one of my fights, Karo gave me a hard time, too. He came over and yelled across the mat something to the extent of, “Hey, nice fight,” and I just said, “Thanks.” He starts saying, “Oh, is that all you have to say to me? ‘Thanks?’ Speak up and say a little more next time.” What more do you say, though, without coming off as cocky, when someone congratulates you? “Oh yeah, I’m the man. I just won my fight with ease and killed that guy. I rule!” That’s not my style.
Stickan
6/16/07 11:12:22AM
Listen to the latest Beatdown. Karo calls in because he feels he's got some clearing up to do.
After the Karo interview I got the impression that both Nate and Karo got kind of strange morals and attitudes.
Neither of those two appears to be the sharpest knife in the drawer...
Tjimindie
6/16/07 2:00:39PM
Did anyone else catch the fight spoiled by Spike TV. During the first commercial break of the Diaz vs Maynard semifinal episone, there was a promo for the Pulver/BJ fight. They showed a clip of Pulver saying "We have defeated BJ's team." This was aired 30 minutes before the fight began. That's the second time Spike has spoiled an outcome on the show this year.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/16/07 2:00:44PM

Posted by Stickan

Listen to the latest Beatdown. Karo calls in because he feels he's got some clearing up to do.
After the Karo interview I got the impression that both Nate and Karo got kind of strange morals and attitudes.

what Karo said on the Beatdown cleared up nothing.......first off when Karo said that he was trying to talk to Manny in Armenian and everyone was talking Nate never said "Shut up..look at the new guy"..or whatever...he simply said "look at the new guy" in a friendly way....Karo just heated things up more by calling the Beatdown IMO.......we have eyes,and ears,and we know what we saw.....and even Lauzon had some things to say about him,and i just trust that guy..
fedorwins1
6/17/07 2:03:13PM
Anyone have a GIF of Dana White watching the ping pong ball in slow mo?
Ultimate_fighter
6/19/07 6:46:40PM
Does anyone kinda think it was cheap for pulver to have horn, hughes and parisyan.. to come when penn only had Couture? ....
p.s. Ping Pong =
ProfessorChaos
6/19/07 7:27:45PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Does anyone kinda think it was cheap for pulver to have horn, hughes and parisyan.. to come when penn only had Couture? ....
p.s. Ping Pong =

They can bring in anyone they want can't they?
Maybe if BJ had friends he would have brought more poeple.
Ydoc
6/20/07 5:26:47PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

p.s. Ping Pong =

Quality over quantity.
kbak303
6/21/07 9:31:21AM

Posted by Ydoc

+1 there..Karo just seemed a bit too cocky if he's the professional and these are the up and coming fighters. not saying he should be a role model, i just took from what i saw on the show as 'hey i'm talking, everyone STF and listen to me cause my shit don't stink'

maybe he ain't like that..but it sure LOOKED like that on the show...i don't like that touchy feely shit either..i mean damn..these are all fighters u'd think they'd understand the term 'personal space'

i mean Jens is the coach...he should be calling out...

I do get irritated cause all i hear is BJ..'do this!' 'do that!'

i think Karo was wrong..someone gets pissed and they should bow down to him
(though i would cause he'd kick my ass!)
hippysmacker
6/21/07 3:52:15PM

Posted by fedorwins1

This was the funniest episode ever! I loved the slow motion ping pong stuff and Dana's face was priceless, also the fruit war lol that was awesome. Big props to Manny, he had a tough road to the finals. Nate will have to use his reach to keep Manny away and he will have to work on his takedown defence. I still see Nate winning a dec. it will be a war though!

Seriously , the look on Dana's face on the slo-mo was hysterical! me and my buddies rewinded it, just to laugh harder. Just goes to show that a big bet can make anything exciting, even bad ping-pong.
slapshot
6/22/07 5:05:06PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Stickan

what Karo said on the Beatdown cleared up nothing.......first off when Karo said that he was trying to talk to Manny in Armenian and everyone was talking Nate never said "Shut up..look at the new guy"..or whatever...he simply said "look at the new guy" in a friendly way....Karo just heated things up more by calling the Beatdown IMO.......we have eyes,and ears,and we know what we saw.....and even Lauzon had some things to say about him,and i just trust that guy..

My issue is that Karo was a guest and expected to walk in and be treated like a superior and then lost his temper witch IMO was disrespectful to the whole team. The whole thing about catching nate on the street made him look like a ass and a bully, what respect I had for the man is now gone.
keith-hackney1
6/23/07 5:52:06PM
hey guys, i have put a huge bet on that manny wins via decision. if it comes in, im gonna be rich !!
CanadianCripplr
6/23/07 7:16:35PM
I also bet Manny a few days back when he was the dog. I see he is now the -110 fave at pinnacle. Must be lots of money going his way.
I totally lost respect for Karo and the way he acted. Ive seen it a few times now and he was in the wrong, imo. How about the line" those idiots dont know what I could do to them" thats not just Diaz hes badmouthin but all of them.
I say give himthe title shot hes whining for and at least I can cheer for him to get smacked around. What an arrogant prick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13