TUF 5 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 5 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Stickan
6/8/07 7:58:28PM

Posted by fedorwins1

I'm very impressed with Manny! He controled the ground and had good standup. I was also impressed with Corey, I thought he would go out there and get absolutely deystroyed, he did better than I thought he would.

Yeah Diaz actually looked scared. Something I've never seen in a Diaz before. Hopefully Buddy Rowe will end up in one of the better camps. That dude hits hard.

cmill21
6/8/07 8:29:49PM
and a very odd style. His size alone makes him a tough fight for anyone in the 155 div.
hughesfan1
6/8/07 8:35:22PM

Posted by Nacho

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

how does everyone think this incident between Diaz and Parisyan is going to play out on the next TUF?

Just a hunch....Gamburian will be fighting Diaz in the Semis. Diaz and Karo's tiff = automatic bad blood between Diaz and Manny. I think Louzon's toughest fight will be Gray. If Joe and Nate pull of their wins, my prediction for the final comes true.

YEP
Ydoc
6/8/07 9:01:40PM

Posted by cmill21

and a very odd style. His size alone makes him a tough fight for anyone in the 155 div.

Your right. I never thought someone would have the reach advantage like Tim Sylvia has at Heavy weight. Its just amazing. Since the smaller you get in weight classes the more evenly people should be matched physically, but Corey kills that rule totally. I think at 170 he could give Hughes fits, and at 155 he's going to give so many people trouble.
fedorwins1
6/8/07 9:43:28PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by cmill21

Your right. I never thought someone would have the reach advantage like Tim Sylvia has at Heavy weight. Its just amazing. Since the smaller you get in weight classes the more evenly people should be matched physically, but Corey kills that rule totally. I think at 170 he could give Hughes fits, and at 155 he's going to give so many people trouble.

uhhh do you realize what you just said?? You just said that at 170 Corey could last with Hughes...
MisFiT
6/8/07 10:25:07PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by cmill21

uhhh do you realize what you just said?? You just said that at 170 Corey could last with Hughes...

HAHA. Wow bro. Wow...
hughesfan1
6/8/07 10:33:50PM
Corey Hill should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Matt Hughes !
Manfred
6/8/07 11:38:31PM
Lauzon's weekly blog LINK
Sam_Rothstein
6/9/07 1:15:51AM

Posted by hughesfan1

Corey Hill should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Matt Hughes !

well you will probably here them in the same sentence a lot, well if its a list of members in miletech.

i read an article on jeremy stephens where he mentioned training at miletech headquarters with some of the miletech fighters, one of which was corey hill.

im really glad he found a home and i think you will hear big things from him, he was punishing nate on the stand up which i really didnt see happening since nate diaz basically went toe to toe with hermes franca and looked excellent. i would pay to watch corey fight any day of the week

also i figured manny was gonna beat matt wiman i just didnt think he was beat on wiman for 2 rounds in which he did. out of the 10 minutes of the fight there was like 2 minutes where matt wiman didnt look like a tool. what was up with those beavis and butthead punches he was throwing?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Aether
6/9/07 2:28:50AM
Hey I called Joe and Manny as the most impressive fighters after the first round, let's see if they end up in the finals... tough call, I'm tempted to give it to joe but manny looks incredibly strong for 155. I guess we'll see what happens in this next round.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/9/07 4:53:04AM
My predictions for next week.......with the styles and fights

Nate vs Maynard...............Nate

Nate vs Manny....................Manny (tough call..if only 2 rounds...if 3 there is a better shot for Nate.....the same way Karo beat Nick...keep taking him down and holding him there)

Nate vs Lauzon..................Nate

Maynard vs Manny.............Maynard

Maynard vs Lauzon............Lauzon

Manny vs Lauzon................Lauzon
Trapt1nw0nder
6/9/07 11:08:15AM
OK.......After observing the highlight video for next weeks Semi-finals i already know who will fight who.....it will be Nate vs Maynard and Manny vs Lauzon......

the reason i know this is because in the short 1 sec. clip when they show Nate in his corner waiting to fight they show part of the arm of his opponent,and when i paused using my DVR...there it was...Gray Maynard's tattoo on his inner left arm

those were the fights i wanted to see...so thats good news for me
Sam_Rothstein
6/9/07 11:54:55AM
i thought they clearly said they were doing blue team vs blue team and yellow team vs yellow team

nate vs manny
joe vs grey

i could be wrong though, guess i gotta wait till tuesday to see
fedorwins1
6/9/07 2:01:33PM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by cmill21

HAHA. Wow bro. Wow...

I'm confused I didn't say it. Someone else did don't jump on me...
Manfred
6/9/07 2:30:38PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

i thought they clearly said they were doing blue team vs blue team and yellow team vs yellow team

nate vs manny
joe vs grey

i could be wrong though, guess i gotta wait till tuesday to see

Dana said that over the phone to Jens and BJ, and they didn't like it. I had a feeling it would change.

Good call Trapt
fedorwins1
6/13/07 2:13:33PM
Ok if you watch the previews for the next episode and you see Diaz and then you can see the person's arm that he's fighting and it's Maynard I can tell from the tattoo, so I guess it's Diaz vs Maynard and Manny vs Lazoun.
Sam_Rothstein
6/13/07 4:55:53PM
if that is the case i could easily see two from team pulver making it

i think manny is a horrible match up for lauzon, and i even am gonna go against the guy i thought was gonna win the season and go with manny to beat joe

you might wonder why i say that, well for one lauzon is a beast but i do notice that hes the agressor in his fights, and i think with manny coming at him full force he will not be able to handle someone with good strikes and a great ground game

plus is just me or has anyone noticed that joe lauzons 3 losses all came from non american fighters

he lost by tko to jorge masvidal in 2005
in the same year he was submitted by ivan menjivar
and in 2006 he was submitted by Rafael Assuncao

maybe thats just a wierd coincidence or maybe its just that he is bad against foreign fighters, either way i see manny being loss #4 for the favorite

also i see nate diaz taking gray maynard due to the fact that basically got embarassed by corey hill before he eventually got the tap. not that he didnt make easy work of corey on the ground but the diaz brothers are known for not being afraid to strike with anyone

so im going with nate diaz and manny gamburyan in the finals

Trapt1nw0nder
6/14/07 12:32:00PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Ok if you watch the previews for the next episode and you see Diaz and then you can see the person's arm that he's fighting and it's Maynard I can tell from the tattoo, so I guess it's Diaz vs Maynard and Manny vs Lazoun.

if you would of read the thread...you would of seen that i already said this
fedorwins1
6/14/07 12:48:56PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by fedorwins1

if you would of read the thread...you would of seen that i already said this

Ok ok sorry don't get on my back about it.
CornishMMA
6/14/07 12:50:12PM
Am seriously hoping for Lauzon and Diaz to win through to the final but think it could quite likely go the other way, so intriging and finely poised whichever which way it is going to be a quality final fight
kaduey
6/14/07 2:44:33PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

if that is the case i could easily see two from team pulver making it

i think manny is a horrible match up for lauzon, and i even am gonna go against the guy i thought was gonna win the season and go with manny to beat joe

you might wonder why i say that, well for one lauzon is a beast but i do notice that hes the agressor in his fights, and i think with manny coming at him full force he will not be able to handle someone with good strikes and a great ground game

plus is just me or has anyone noticed that joe lauzons 3 losses all came from non american fighters

he lost by tko to jorge masvidal in 2005
in the same year he was submitted by ivan menjivar
and in 2006 he was submitted by Rafael Assuncao

maybe thats just a wierd coincidence or maybe its just that he is bad against foreign fighters, either way i see manny being loss #4 for the favorite

also i see nate diaz taking gray maynard due to the fact that basically got embarassed by corey hill before he eventually got the tap. not that he didnt make easy work of corey on the ground but the diaz brothers are known for not being afraid to strike with anyone

so im going with nate diaz and manny gamburyan in the finals

Lauzon always presses the action in his fights. No way is Manny going to beat him, I think Diaz /Maynard is going to be alot harder to call. After Nate's last performance I believe Maynard will handle him easily and control the fight on the ground, but if Diaz shows up to fight it who knows.
pv3Hpv3p
6/14/07 5:27:54PM

Posted by kaduey

Lauzon always presses the action in his fights. No way is Manny going to beat him, I think Diaz /Maynard is going to be alot harder to call. After Nate's last performance I believe Maynard will handle him easily and control the fight on the ground, but if Diaz shows up to fight it who knows.

Neither Maynard or Diaz had a very good showing in their last fight... I've always thought that a godd jits guy is a good wrestlers crypronite... I don't see anyone really controling Diaz on the ground and I think he has the edge in standup, so I'm gonna go with Nate...
Trapt1nw0nder
6/14/07 11:06:22PM
that sucks....Lauzon really disappointed me...so did Manny for LnPing his way to victory......and so did Karo by playing Nate like a fool like that......i know how that feels when someone is playing you like a fool like this(personal experience from when i was younger)...and trust me..that sucks,even though the person doing it to you doesnt think he's doing anything wrong...Nate was right for getting pissed,and looking at how Manny reacted im sure he would agree.

total disappointing show...plus my dog died today so that just makes my day way shittier
Trapt1nw0nder
6/14/07 11:13:06PM
lol....a stack of of $10 and $5 bills wrapped in $100's just to make it look like alot of cash......damn..is Dana White all about hype?

a 10k stack of $100's that tight would be no more than an inch thick
Gushue33
6/14/07 11:18:39PM
props to manny on LnP..... dissapointing lauzon fight.... hopefully theres alot more of him soon
Ydoc
6/14/07 11:25:43PM
Joe should have never threw that kick in the first round. Pretty boring fight with Manny dominating, and I have a hunch he can do the same thing to Diaz.

EDIT: Wow, Diaz is really bloody but getting good sub attempts in.
CornishMMA
6/14/07 11:52:00PM
Damn that was the best round by far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man i hope Diaz can pull a sub of his back - he seems tired and couldnt throw anything on his feet so i just hope he ends in full guard here and gets that triangle

These last 2 eps have been seriously quality, loved that ping pong segment and wow karo was out of order doing that to diaz, thought he was cooler than that
CornishMMA
6/14/07 11:53:54PM
YES YES YES DIAZ COME ON
cowcatcher
6/15/07 12:06:21AM
those diaz boys, as much as i dont really like them, can take beatings and come back and win a fight at any time. street tough kids make great mma fighters and the diazs' are the best example. cant wait for the 23rd and to see who else from season 5 gets on the show(especially after they put that douche monstah on there). hope to see grey and joe again as well as cory(with some more training) and the kid that joe beat in the quarters who's name escapes me right now due to alcohol
kaduey
6/15/07 12:11:03AM
I love the Diaz brothers. These guys may be mouthy little bastards but they back it up every time. Who does Karo think he is anyway? You don't go around treating another fighter like that. Then he has the nerve to say "Do you know who I am?". I hate it when people say that shit. I hope Nick calls Karo out for a rematch. Their first fight was awesome, I'm sure any fan would like a rematch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13