TUF 16 Debuts to Lowest TV Ratings for an Ultimate Fighter Premiere Episode

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 16 Debuts to Lowest TV Ratings for an Ultimate Fighter Premiere Episode
Poor_Franklin
9/18/12 1:25:59AM
The Ultimate Fighter 16: Team Carwin vs. Team Nelson season premier TV ratings are in, notching this season’s first episode at 947,000 viewers on FX.

MMAWeekly.com confirmed the ratings with industry sources.

Friday night’s episode marked the lowest premiere in TUF history.

MMAWEEKLY
george112
9/18/12 8:38:05AM
Not too surprised about this. Last season was a flop imo. A lot of people gave up on it or just don't want to bother with it anymore . That's just my guess
Aether
9/18/12 9:23:47AM
Well, I'm a pretty hardcore MMA fan, and I didn't even know this season was already starting until the first episode aired and I saw threads popping up about it. Seems like they didn't really advertise this season very much.
airkerma
9/18/12 9:30:51AM

Posted by george112

Not too surprised about this. Last season was a flop imo. A lot of people gave up on it or just don't want to bother with it anymore . That's just my guess

I would be one of those people. I used to enjoy it, but 30 minutes of jabber and 10 minutes of fighting is a tough pill to swallow when there's some college football on tv instead. Maybe if they did just one season a year they could put more believable hype behind each season.
calitrees
9/18/12 10:58:02AM
The advertizing sucks i watch FX Wilfred, Louie two popular shows are on thursdays and i always watch them. I found out the ultimate fighter was starting because i read it on bloody elbow. Same thing with UFC on Fox.
BuffaloDave
9/18/12 11:24:35AM
Fox definitely does a terrible job marketing, you think they would want to market the shit out of UFC events/shows with the money they spent for the rights.
State_Champ
9/18/12 11:45:39AM
I'm not disappointed to see the numbers are so low, because this should signal to the UFC that changes need to be made.

Change or die.
MaxOne
9/18/12 12:47:12PM
I enjoyed it. Entertaining fights. I didn't like some of the editing but I don't generally complain about stuff like that. I like getting to know the fighters and I like both Nelson and Carwin.
Poor_Franklin
9/18/12 2:57:27PM
i wish they would take ALL the fights from a season & put them all in a block of 5-6 episodes & let us crack out on fights for a month & a half.

In between, they could show us some shit-talking between the coaches or fighters & make people say, "Hey! Why are those guys so mad at each other?" Then they can say, "To find out more about Nelson & Carwin's beef, log on to www.theultimatefighter.com" or whatever website they put it on & make all the drama stuff available online for people who give a shit.
Chael_Sonnen
9/18/12 3:35:25PM
TUF and FX have something in common. They both are irrelevant to television.

Keep American Horror Story and Louie and scrap the rest.
infestructure
9/18/12 5:24:46PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

I would be one of those people. I used to enjoy it, but 30 minutes of jabber and 10 minutes of fighting is a tough pill to swallow when there's some college football on tv instead. Maybe if they did just one season a year they could put more believable hype behind each season.

This, they can't be a fighting program AND a reality TV show, you just can't have both (for me). I skip to the fights. Fuck semen covered sushi pranks. I'm not 16 anymore, bu tI bet most of the TV audience is
infestructure
9/18/12 5:25:44PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i wish they would take ALL the fights from a season & put them all in a block of 5-6 episodes & let us crack out on fights for a month & a half.

In between, they could show us some shit-talking between the coaches or fighters & make people say, "Hey! Why are those guys so mad at each other?" Then they can say, "To find out more about Nelson & Carwin's beef, log on to www.theultimatefighter.com" or whatever website they put it on & make all the drama stuff available online for people who give a shit. [/QUOTE

Egg Zachary
prozacnation1978
9/19/12 11:09:07AM
The talent pool is drained. Same Shit. Do something different.

Have a heavyweight tuf again. Or another comeback season.