TUF Dan vs. Ben

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » TUF Dan vs. Ben
Naturaldisaster
10/24/07 11:01:39PM
That fight should have definitly went to a 3rd round. I totally agree with hughes when he got pissed at the judges and commissioner. and dana agreed to. I hate to bash but the ufc judges suck ass. but I am glad dan got 5000 also. because it was a hell of a fight
Twenty20Dollars
10/24/07 11:05:54PM
judges judges judges. ufc needs new ones.

i really wanted dan to win though, ben is just goofy. I thought dan could have won it in the first when he knocked ben down if he would have ground and pounded.
Naturaldisaster
10/24/07 11:12:24PM
I was pickin dan to win the whole thing. but he dissapointed me with his lack of even tryin to do anything when he was in front of ben on the ground.
Boo_Radley21
10/24/07 11:17:42PM
I was going for Ben to win the fight. I don't know why but Dan kind of annoys me. I think it's because he says the word God about 700 times an episode and is just generally weird. Also the thing about the bathroom didn't really help how I felt about him.
postman
10/24/07 11:41:33PM
I gave Dan the first round due to the fact that everytime Ben hit him Dan walked thru it, Ben has no power. I would say Ben landed more punches in the fight but not many were effective. But I knew that the judges would give it to Ben due to the past few fights ie Hamill Bisping.
tuvok500
10/25/07 12:31:38AM
well, the fight was a draw for me, but the JUDGES again !!!!

but , i have to say that Dan was not very impressive, he was simply not listening to his corner and we saw that he is very limited as a fighter.

no ground game, no kicks , almost no defence to kicks and punch, well, he was not going to pass the semi anyways so.

cmill21
10/25/07 1:09:25AM
I figured if Ben won it would have been because of a 10-8 round in the second but my god calling the first round in favour of ben was garbage.
NatedawgThaM
10/25/07 2:07:26AM
BEST FIGHT I HAVE EVER SEEN ON TUF!!!!

Crappy ending though....

How does Barrera drop Ben twice and control basically the whole round and Ben win it? It was a sick and bloody war like Dana said. GREAT FIGHT! Crappy ending...Barrera has an excellent future I think..
Naturaldisaster
10/25/07 7:01:20AM

Posted by tuvok500

well, the fight was a draw for me, but the JUDGES again !!!!

but , i have to say that Dan was not very impressive, he was simply not listening to his corner and we saw that he is very limited as a fighter.

no ground game, no kicks , almost no defence to kicks and punch, well, he was not going to pass the semi anyways so.

Dan blocked most of the kicks. it was the knees that did their damage when he went in and tried for the take downs
postman
10/25/07 3:28:11PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Crappy ending though....

How does Barrera drop Ben twice and control basically the whole round and Ben win it? It was a sick and bloody war like Dana said. GREAT FIGHT! Crappy ending...Barrera has an excellent future I think..

I didn't think it was that great of a fight. Dan got Ben to the ground then just stood above him for long amounts of time doing NOTHING. Ben looked like he had no power behind any of his strikes. They didn't really stand and trade too much there was no ground game at all I don't see why ppl think it was such a great fight.?
NatedawgThaM
10/26/07 1:08:25PM

Posted by postman

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Crappy ending though....

I didn't think it was that great of a fight. Dan got Ben to the ground then just stood above him for long amounts of time doing NOTHING. Ben looked like he had no power behind any of his strikes. They didn't really stand and trade too much there was no ground game at all I don't see why ppl think it was such a great fight.?

It was sure better then the Nate Diaz/Rob Emerson fight. I almost fel asleep, Dana overhyped that way too much. It was one of the better fights maybe not best but it was just exciting seeing somebody about to be dropped at any second. It was one of the betters ones because usually people just tak eeach other down and submitt them...

I think so far Gulliard/Burkman is the best TUF fight. The best season I think was TUF 5 IMO. Those lightweights can fight!
Stickan
10/27/07 11:48:57AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

judges judges judges. ufc needs new ones.

i really wanted dan to win though, ben is just goofy. I thought dan could have won it in the first when he knocked ben down if he would have ground and pounded.

I don't know how people STILL don't get that the judges are NOT UFC employees. They don't "get new ones". There's something called a commission.

They even mentioned that several times during the last TUF!