12 of 16 TUF contestants released from the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 12 of 16 TUF contestants released from the UFC
FastKnockout
12/17/12 1:04:30PM
In an unprecedented move, the UFC cuts 12 of the 16 TUF 16 contestants from it's roster

Link
DrivenDavies15
12/17/12 1:12:13PM
Have to agree what Roy said... for once. I think that doing this it will get the contestants to have a better sense of urgency to win the show. Now you never know if you'll get into the UFC on TUF. I'm sure a lot of these guys like Alvey, Marunde, Rivera and a few others will be on the UFC's radar for sure too.
jae_1833
12/17/12 2:18:20PM
I think we strayed so far from this because season 1&2 produced solid talent....champions, not really but solid damn talent. You have the accasional Griffin/Evans but nowadays you have a lot of bland guys. Plus every season seems to have a Lane, Browning, etc...
MMAcca
12/17/12 3:22:40PM
Great move. This is a positive step.
Dberntson
12/17/12 4:47:55PM
To be honest, I wouldnt care if they cut all 16, including the winner. Not a great season in regards to talent.
Bubbles
12/17/12 5:25:20PM

Posted by Dberntson

To be honest, I wouldnt care if they cut all 16, including the winner. Not a great season in regards to talent.

well when almost every season is the same weightclass, the talent level gets drained pretty quickly
prozacnation1978
12/17/12 5:34:49PM
God forbid if Colton smith is ever on a main card
It's bad enough we gotta see Amir sandollah on main cards all the time.

Gotta say worst season ever
simmy
12/17/12 5:44:39PM
I'm really looking forward to watch Colton Smith fullfill his contract They may as well have just given Ben Askren a contract. Dull as Ditchwater.
JoeWarren33
12/17/12 7:45:35PM
Very good move by the UFC. Only will push new fighters, to really bring it to the cage. I also think this was the worst season for TUF as far as fighters go. The UFC should fire who hired these guys for the show, they are to blame as well.
Also funny to hear Dustin Poirer say he was turned down by the UFC to appear on TUF (Season Brookins won), clearly someone isn't doing their job.
Twenty20Dollars
12/17/12 8:09:13PM
Only took them 16+ seasons to do this. Although, I am big fans of some of the TUF alums who didn't win, Lauzon, Immortal Brown.

The show needs to end. I had a hard time watching it and I watched about all of it on fast foward DVR.
spang714
12/17/12 9:16:32PM
I concur with everyone here....I dont think I watched but maybe a few fights this season...the show needs to end...if youre good enough, youll get signed by the UFC anyway....seems fighters in these latter seasons put more into trying to be memorable in hopes that lands them a deal...(pink mohawks and such)...
bootyclause
12/17/12 9:48:02PM
i liked this season.

Also, a lot of runner ups end up being decent UFC fighters. There's almost dozens of TUF fighters in the UFC who ended up being a lot better than anyone expected. Lots of big wins over known veterans and fancy prospects. You can't discredit all the successes just because you don't like the show.

With the Strikeforce merge, the ladies and the international TUFs I think they just don't have the room for the old way anymore.

Also, I watched the whole season on DVR and Eddie Ellis got screwed in the first round of the tourney against Colton. So it makes no sense to cut Ellis when he arguably beat the show winner in the first place.

godofdixie
12/17/12 11:41:42PM
i personally can only watch the 1st episode and the finale of tuf these days. i hope cutting all these contestants becomes the norm
aussiemma
12/18/12 6:35:48AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

God forbid if Colton smith is ever on a main card
It's bad enough we gotta see Amir sandollah on main cards all the time.

Gotta say worst season ever

hehe, agree. Don't mind watching Amir fight though.
BuffaloDave
12/18/12 12:28:25PM

Posted by bootyclause

With the Strikeforce merge, the ladies and the international TUFs I think they just don't have the room for the old way anymore.

That's a very god point!
hashyandy4
12/18/12 2:17:42PM
Agreed with u guys, all 16 could get cut and i would be good with it
Samps
12/18/12 3:12:14PM

Posted by godofdixie

i personally can only watch the 1st episode and the finale of tuf these days. i hope cutting all these contestants becomes the norm

I agree. The first episode of every season where they fight to get in the house is always entertaining. And for the fighters that got screwed, I say they do something about it. Go win 3 or 4 pro fights impressively, then maybe you'll get a call