TUF 5 Contestants are in.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 5 Contestants are in.
Next Page »
Momentosis
3/10/07 8:46:07PM
http://strictlymma.mywowbb.com/forum1/9-1.html
hippysmacker
3/10/07 8:51:43PM
I'll past the names to save time. Thanks for bringing this to us though

Contestants.
Gray Maynard
Matt Wiman
Robert Emerson
Nate Diaz
Noah Thomas
Marlon Sims
Cole Miller
Gabe Ruediger
Brian Geraghty
Branden Melendez
Andy Wang
Mancel Gambaryan
Corey Hill
Wayne Weems
Alan Berubie
Joe Lauzon
Coaches
Jens Pulver
BJ Penn
Stickan
3/10/07 8:53:05PM
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Nice with that many contestants and just one division. I wonder how that long guy (Corey Hill?) will do.. he must be longer than most WWs...
Momentosis
3/10/07 8:54:10PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'll past the names to save time. Thanks for bringing this to us though

no problem man.

Looks to be a good season of TUF.
Northrend
3/10/07 8:57:35PM
Can't wait to see Robert on the show. Seen all his fights and hes really unlucky...he should of won against Mishima/Guillard and another guy in KOTC. Hes trained me alota times in MMA and hes one of the nicest guys. I really hope he wins.
hippysmacker
3/10/07 9:08:08PM

Posted by Stickan

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Nice with that many contestants and just one division. I wonder how that long guy (Corey Hill?) will do.. he must be longer than most WWs...

Yeah , I almost think they made a mistake on the picure and that guy is a coach or something. I've never heard of him, but he lloks about 6 ft. 5. That would be one heck of a cut. That guys about as lean as Snake Diabate, and I( never thought to see someone that thin compete again. Von flue seems hefty by comparison and Groves actually looks thick next to him. That guy will have a sick reach advantage if he really is one of the fighter's
Momentosis
3/10/07 9:10:20PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Yeah , I almost think they made a mistake on the picure and that guy is a coach or something. I've never heard of him, but he lloks about 6 ft. 5. That would be one heck of a cut. That guys about as lean as Snake Diabate, and I( never thought to see someone that thin compete again. Von flue seems hefty by comparison and Groves actually looks thick next to him. That guy will have a sick reach advantage if he really is one of the fighter's

Corey Hill is 6'5" and a training partner of Noah Thomas.
fedorwins1
3/10/07 9:45:28PM
I think Joe Lauzon takes it. I hope Pulver is his coach also.
Northrend
3/10/07 10:15:16PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Stickan

also an easy takedown for someone though =(
Trapt1nw0nder
3/11/07 12:05:30AM
i see Nick Diaz's brother is on this list
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Northrend
3/11/07 12:10:54AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i see Nick Diaz's brother is on this list

incoming gogoplatas =)
Manfred
3/11/07 12:27:12AM
for the list. Anyone know when the show starts airing? It's supposed to be soon, right?

Also any rumors on the contract? Is it just one? Dana's getting off easy this time is it's just one 3 year, 100,000 contract!
Brutalknees
3/11/07 1:11:00AM
When is the show starting?
If I recall correctly, it was supposed to be some time in April.
Ydoc
3/11/07 1:28:40AM

Posted by Northrend
also an easy takedown for someone though =(

And slap a sub on. Wow, look at Corey tower over those guys. It always amazes me when you get someone with that much of an advantage at 155. It's one thing when Tim comes into the ring with a lot more reach when you can be 206 to 265, but to be able to look that much bigger than all your peers is mind boggling.

I got high expectations for this season, and hope Joe takes it over Diaz in the final.
crimethinc
3/11/07 1:30:05AM

Posted by Brutalknees

When is the show starting?
If I recall correctly, it was supposed to be some time in April.

April 5th
Huckit
3/11/07 1:37:49AM
whos the tall lanky dude in the back (looks like the snake lol)

and is this WW and MW?
Huckit
3/11/07 1:53:00AM
wonder if BJ is coaching Wang
mkiv9secsupra
3/11/07 3:13:20AM
So are jens pulver and penn going to fight at the end of the season?
Trapt1nw0nder
3/11/07 3:17:44AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

for sure...

100%...

Guarantee'd...

No Doubt!..

Of course..

....in other words...yes..yes they will
mkiv9secsupra
3/11/07 3:29:26AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

for sure...

100%...

Guarantee'd...

No Doubt!..

Of course..

....in other words...yes..yes they will

hmmmm....you sure?....you dont sound too sure.....lol....so then jens pulver wins again?

that 6'5' dude better watch out....if the other contestants sneeze hes gonna get ko'd..
Dadaman
3/11/07 3:30:35AM
BJ Penn and Jens Pulver will fight at the end of the season. Wether or not it will be pay-per-view or UFN or perhaps some other broadcast is yet unknown.

Anyways, Corey Hill is an anomaly. I find it extremely hard to beleive that anyone who is 6'5", can cut to 155lbs and still be health.
mkiv9secsupra
3/11/07 3:42:13AM
im interested in nick diaz's bro...never heard anything about him. but im pullin for lauzon 100%
Manfred
3/11/07 4:25:39AM
More in-depth info here:
MMA Fever
hathcock32
3/11/07 6:19:36AM
I think we will have rival type teams here which is what made season 3 so great with Shammy and Tito. I hope Bj and Jens get into some heated fights ust to make the fight that much better.....Bj vs Jens is supposed to be on the Finale of this season,
hippysmacker
3/11/07 6:29:50AM
Everyhting I've ever seen of BJ makes me think he's kind of cranky and competitive. So I think he will be picking fight's with Jen's the whole show. I have seen numerous interviews where he says that decision against Jens was a bad one. I think it's safe to say he still does and it will drive him throught the show. I think he's more likely than any coach including Shamrock to actually punch the opposing coach. Should be a goodie
Stickan
3/11/07 1:29:30PM

Posted by Huckit

whos the tall lanky dude in the back (looks like the snake lol)

and is this WW and MW?

It's only LW and if you actually read the posts you'd know who that lanky guy is.
Huckit
3/11/07 7:27:27PM
how the **** is lanky dude a LW
Ydoc
3/11/07 7:37:46PM
How is Grove a MW? I remember watching him fight Herman and thinking they're both about the same thickness. Mind blowing... really going to be interesting to see how his reach will play into fights, gonna see a lot of one sided matches with him if people can't get to him.
Stickan
3/11/07 8:24:37PM
People talk about Diaz being tall in the LW division and having a big reach advantage and he's 6.0. If this guy Corey Hill is 6.5 he can't be more than skin and bones.
Looking forward to TUF 5.
migo
3/11/07 8:45:14PM
With Joe Lauzon in there the winner of this season will come out as one of the 2 linnear UFC LW champs (the other one being Frankie Edgar, if you don't think a fight has to happen in the UFC to count for the championship).
Pages: [1] 2