"TUF 10" competitor Scott Junk took different path to UFC, now he's on long road back

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "TUF 10" competitor Scott Junk took different path to UFC, now he's on long road back
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/9/09 10:52:52AM
Scott Junk (6-2-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) doesn't exactly fit the stereotype for the house on "The Ultimate Fighter 10."

"I'm simple – just a normal everyday working guy," Junk said. "These guys are ex-football players and young guys who are spoiled who don't have jobs. They're complaining about things that I thought were luxuries."

That's because Junk doesn't have the traditional mixed-martial-arts pedigree. A Hawaiian who fell into MMA after an All-American Division II college football career and who later gained his full-time job in sewage line construction, Junk is also unique because of his UFC background.

Link
jae_1833
9/9/09 1:32:10PM
So that is what happened to the guy with the worst real name in UFC history.
IriShame
9/9/09 5:34:21PM
I'm a little confused how they can take guys that already have UFC fights and put them on the Ultimate Fighter. I mean, I know guys like Roy Nelson and even Kimbo have had big fights outside the organization but at least they haven't actually fought in the UFC. I mean Wes Sims? The guy is famous for stomping Frank Mir in a UFC fight. I don't know maybe I'm just an asshole.