"TUF 13" champ Tony Ferguson thinks lightweight may lie ahead but eying Amir Sadollah

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "TUF 13" champ Tony Ferguson thinks lightweight may lie ahead but eying Amir Sadollah
POLL: Who takes it?
Ferguson 37% (7)
Sodallah 63% (12)
FastKnockout
6/5/11 2:07:01PM
LAS VEGAS – Tony Ferguson may not be a welterweight forever, but while he is, he'd like to take on Amir Sadollah.

Following Saturday night's knockout win in the main event of The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale, Ferguson admitted a return trip to the lightweight division could potentially loom in his future. But until he makes that call, Ferguson will eye opponents at 170 pounds, and he's already got one in mind.

"I saw Amir Sadollah over there, and I knew that he was a pretty big guy that was from 'The Ultimate Fighter,'" Ferguson said. "I think that would be a pretty good little start right there."

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
6/5/11 2:23:41PM
I think the UFC exp would help Amir win. Would prolly be a good fight though.

Another TUF guy already thinking about dropping weight.

UFC should get people on TUF that actually fight in the weight class the show is doing.
Budgellism
6/5/11 2:43:52PM
Sadollah doesn't exactly have knock out power but he's a hell of a lot more technical than Ferguson. I would say Sadollah by decision.
pmoney
6/5/11 2:47:52PM
Sadollah will beat the brakes off of this Ferguson kid. Especially if Amir comes out with murderous intentions like he did in his last fight.

I don't want to bash him as a fighter. Props to the kid, he ko'ed everyone on his way to win the contract. But honestly, that season should have been called TUF: Amateur Hour.

And I don't know him personally. But from what I saw on the show, and what I read about, his behavior was even worse than what was shown (asking the kid with torn retinas what happened to his eyes).... I can't stand to hear him talk. I hope he gets stomped out quick, and then cut.
FastKnockout
6/5/11 3:26:51PM
I think Sodallah could finish him. It seems as though Ferguson has been rocked or staggered in almost every fight since entering the TUF. The only guy I don't remember rocking him was Chuck O'Neil. Even in the finale Ramsey rocked him once or twice. I think Sodallah would charge him full force and finish it first round.
rockyf
6/5/11 3:29:14PM
I see Ferguson being too tough for Sadollah..!!
prozacnation1978
6/5/11 4:03:34PM
I still think tony will drop to lightweight next fight
Aether
6/5/11 5:33:59PM
I think Amir would use his speed and technique to dart in and out and score points at will. Ferguson has solid power but he's smaller and slower than Amir and I think he would need to catch him to win the fight.
KungFuMaster
6/5/11 6:49:17PM
Ferguson seems like the quite crazy type -the type who can kill you if you look at him the wrong way.

I am not a fan of his personality but I think he will be a good contender in the LW division. IMO, he is too small for the WW division but I agree, a match with Amir Sadollah would be a good test for him.
machodog76
6/6/11 1:03:08AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I think the UFC exp would help Amir win. Would prolly be a good fight though.

Another TUF guy already thinking about dropping weight.

UFC should get people on TUF that actually fight in the weight class the show is doing.

I think the reason we see so many guys drop down a weight class after winning the show is that they have to make weight 3 or even 4 times in a 6 week period (I think thats how long the show films for, I'm not certain though) so they probably have to walk around a lot closer to fighting weight than a fighter who has a longer period to train and only has to make the cut only once in a 2-3 month period. I think many guys fight on the show at a weight class above their normal one.
vomitshovel
6/6/11 5:58:51AM
I hate this Tony Ferguson and I don't know why. I couldn't care less about the antics in the house but for some inexplicable reason I was so bummed when this guy won.
But Sadollah would school him, the level of skill in S13 was pretty bad in my opinion compared to the other shows, or other fighters.
Sam_Rothstein
6/6/11 2:38:14PM
Ferguson would get outclassed by Sadollah