TUF Brazil discussion thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF Brazil discussion thread
Bubbles
3/27/12 11:21:10AM
What a night of fights. Lots of finishes, but what a war in the final fight...reminded me of Griffin/Bonnar I without the blood. This should be a great season of TUF. Sucks we gotta read all the conversations, but as long as the fights dont disappoint, I can live with it.

Watch episodes here:
Episode 1
Bubbles
3/27/12 11:23:04AM
Coaches this season:

Team Vitor
Rodrigo Artilheiro
Gilbert Burns
Luiz Carlos Dorea
Francisco Filho

Team Wanderlei
Andre Amade
Rafael Cordeiro
Renato Sobral
Fabricio Werdum
FastKnockout
3/27/12 12:03:31PM

Posted by Bubbles

Coaches this season:

Team Vitor
Rodrigo Artilheiro
Gilbert Burns
Luiz Carlos Dorea
Francisco Filho

Team Wanderlei
Andre Amade
Rafael Cordeiro
Renato Sobral
Fabricio Werdum

Is Wanderlei using both Sobral and Werdum for BJJ?
Bubbles
3/27/12 12:10:21PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I assume Babalu will be his wrestling coach
Kpro
3/27/12 12:25:30PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

Yeah, Babalu was a Brazilian national wrestling champion. He was wrestling for quite a while before he began training BJJ. I can't even think of another Brazilian who was a well established nationally recognized wrestler before progressing in the jitz off the top of my head. Brazilians almost exclusively begin with BJJ.
tcunningham
3/27/12 1:49:33PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

Yeah, Babalu was a Brazilian national wrestling champion. He was wrestling for quite a while before he began training BJJ. I can't even think of another Brazilian who was a well established nationally recognized wrestler before progressing in the jitz off the top of my head. Brazilians almost exclusively begin with BJJ.

i had no idea that babalu was a national wrestling champ. thats actually pretty awesome. seems like wandy brought in some serious talent.
Kpro
3/27/12 3:22:52PM

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

i had no idea that babalu was a national wrestling champ. thats actually pretty awesome. seems like wandy brought in some serious talent.

In an interview years ago he said he equates his being a Brazilian National Wrestling Champion with an American being a professional soccer champion. I thought it was funny that he's humorous about his accomplishments in relation to US wrestling. Still not an easy feat though.
FastKnockout
3/27/12 3:59:45PM

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

I didn't, either.
hotrodttt
3/27/12 4:01:09PM
I don't see anybody beating Francisco Drinaldo, he's just too damn big and strong.
Bubbles
3/27/12 4:07:38PM

Posted by hotrodttt

I don't see anybody beating Francisco Drinaldo, he's just too damn big and strong.

hes a LW fighter lol. I initially picked him in jjeans' side game then took someone else cuz he pointed it out. He got armbarred by Alcantara not too long ago, and Alcantara is currently a FW. He does look pretty big though, but he did have like 7 months to bulk up.