The next TUF big thing??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The next TUF big thing??
hathcock32
3/8/07 12:30:21AM
One TUF guy that im really excited to see in the next coming years is Kendall Grove. I believe Kendall will have Diego like success. The doods huge for MW. His hands arent bad, and his submissions are solid. Working with TP i expect big, big things from DA SPYDER.......

...2 spiders agianst each other???
Trapt1nw0nder
3/8/07 12:33:47AM
yeah...thats what i said..
shackle
3/8/07 1:03:56AM
Seeing how he had a hard time with ed I don't think so.

But.. he can improve given time. I don't see him going for the belt any time soon though.
mkiv9secsupra
3/8/07 3:08:44AM
i dont think kendal is the next big thing..i think herman beat em. kendall won bc of the choke he had on ed at the end of the third round but even better than the choke was the fact that herman didnt submit and he was being choked for a while. i think they are both on the same level but yeah if kendall had some awesome training with his size your right i think he could dominate a lot of ppl
hippysmacker
3/8/07 6:40:48AM
Bisping and maybe someday Hammil if he keeps progressing, stays with MMA, and learns to keep his hands up.
Rich78
3/8/07 6:59:47AM

Bisping is the real deal IMO, and altho I don't expect him to get any serious challenges anytime soon as they build him up, I don't think he's far from being a top level fighter.
Manfred
3/8/07 7:35:57AM
I agree about Kendall, but I think Bisping will be bigger in a shorter amount of time.
ffforgottenx
3/8/07 8:38:41AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Bisping and maybe someday Hammil if he keeps progressing, stays with MMA, and learns to keep his hands up.

hammil is going to be in big trouble when he faces someone who can actually strike.. youd figure after all this time he would learn more and progress, but he still leaves himself wide open all the time.. i saw the fight with holman and i just had to shake my head
BloodandTears
3/8/07 11:23:45AM

Posted by Manfred

I agree about Kendall, but I think Bisping will be bigger in a shorter amount of time.

I'm all in for this post. I see Bisping doing more than Kendall. Bisping has a very well rounded game. Still a few cobwebs to shake off but given a bit of time he's gonna be a well polished fighter. I do see Kendall doing well to and if he advances in UFC like he did on TUF, its just a matter of time before hes a top contender too.
waylon_o
3/8/07 11:26:23AM
I think Bisping has a really bright future. But I don't really understand all of the hype about Grove? Has he really impressed you guys that much? He hans't really made a believer out of me. I mean he's not bad, but I don't really see him becoming an actual contender. His record isn't even that good either....I realize a fighter's record isn't the only indicator of how good they are, but add that with not really being over-impressive and you have my conclusion---Grove's overated.
cowcatcher
3/8/07 11:33:34AM
bisping is my pick here as well, i just havent gotten to see enough from grove, granted ive only seen a little of bisping too he just seems more dominating than grove. both guys are seemingly going to have bright futures, and as TUF winners they are going to get plenty of opportunities in the UFC. on a side note why is elvis sinosic the gatekeeper for TUF winners at LHW the guy is past his prime, which wasnt exactly stellar to begin with, and although i know they want bisping to impress in his home country, i really would have liked to see him against someone more tsalented than the ross pointons and sinosics of the world
gspfan31
3/8/07 11:35:18AM
bisping, chcuck only has a couple of years left in him and the rest of that division is pretty competitive
AchillesHeel
3/8/07 12:08:31PM
Does Rashad Evans already qualify as a "big thing"? If not, he's clearly next, in my eyes.

I'm not at all sold on Grove.
waylon_o
3/8/07 12:10:49PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Does Rashad Evans already qualify as a "big thing"? If not, he's clearly next, in my eyes.

I'm not at all sold on Grove.

Yeah I would definitely consider Rashad on up there...and hell, why not Jardine? He's doing pretty damn good
Gladiator
3/8/07 1:56:48PM
bisping looked pretty impressive at ufc 66 but i never thought his streak on TUF 3 was that impressive just because of the lack of competition for him. first guy he fought didnt seem in shape at all, ross pointon he had already beaten before, and josh haynes pretty obviously does not belong in that weight class. i think bisping has a lot of potential but i would love to see him fight evans or jardine or maybe forresst to really guage his skills. i think kendall has a lot of potential (him vs jason mac would be pretty good) but i think the real talent lies in the TUF 2 guys, especially guillard and stevenson because i think they have the best shot at getting a title, excluding diego because he is already considered a "big thing"
jdubs
3/8/07 5:22:16PM
hammil is nothing more than a good wrestler, dont see him going anywhere in mma. if it were not for tito he would not be in the ufc right now
pv3Hpv3p
3/8/07 5:26:15PM

Posted by jdubs

hammil is nothing more than a good wrestler, dont see him going anywhere in mma. if it were not for tito he would not be in the ufc right now

you could've said that about a lot of really really good MMA fighters over the years...

Matt Hughes
Randy Couture
Dan Henderson
Mark Coleman
Matt Lindland...

it just depends how well they adapt to the other aspects of the sport, I wouldn't count that kid out... The only thing he doesn't have going for him is age (I think he's 30)
THE_AXE_MURDERER
3/8/07 5:32:03PM
Im gonna say Michael Bisping
AchillesHeel
3/8/07 5:32:37PM

Posted by jdubs

hammil is nothing more than a good wrestler, dont see him going anywhere in mma.

Um... Don't take this the wrong way, but how long have you been watching MMA? Good wrestlers are one of the pillars of the sport, particularly in the U.S.

p.s. Hamill's already got two Wins by TKO due to strikes.
FBD
3/8/07 5:33:37PM
strange brew
mkiv9secsupra
3/8/07 6:33:15PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by jdubs

hammil is nothing more than a good wrestler, dont see him going anywhere in mma.

Um... Don't take this the wrong way, but how long have you been watching MMA? Good wrestlers are one of the pillars of the sport, particularly in the U.S.

p.s. Hamill's already got two Wins by TKO due to strikes.

Hammil is gonna turn out like tim sylvia....boring.....and just mediocre. decent fighter but dont ever wanna watch him
Playground_Samurai
3/8/07 7:39:19PM

Posted by hathcock32

One TUF guy that im really excited to see in the next coming years is Kendall Grove. I believe Kendall will have Diego like success. The doods huge for MW. His hands arent bad, and his submissions are solid. Working with TP i expect big, big things from DA SPYDER.......

...2 spiders agianst each other???

Grove definatly has potential, but I have to disagree about him being the next big thing or having Diego like success. He's still young and has a lot of time to prove me wrong but from what he's done so far, I know I couldn't reasonably reach that conclusion.

He really hasn't fought anybody of top competition to test himself. Add to that, he has a few losses on his record from some not so stellar competition. Diego on the other hand, is undefeated, and has wins over quality opponents such as Nick Diaz and Karo Parisyan. I just don't see Grove displaying the same type of dominance in his fights.

Actually, when it comes to all of the champs from TUF, minus the comeback, It is my opinion that Grove is the least impressive. I got Diego, Forrest, Rashad, Stevenson, and Bisbing all having more quality potential in them.
Based on overall talent, it would be hard to list those fighters one thru five. But on my personal rankings, i'd definatly have Kendall at six.
hathcock32
3/9/07 12:22:19AM
Hamill calling out Bisping.....Hamill better wait a while....i dont believe he is ready to fight Bisping yet.
shackle
3/9/07 2:24:25AM
Thats funny cause in TUF Bisping seemed afraid of hamill, and was always being token down.

Seemed a bit jealous too, that tito wasn't hugging his nutts.

I think bisping is a exciting fighter... but he hasn't been tested.

I hear alot of people talking about how he is a contender ... He hasn't fought nothing but cans so far!

NO! i'm not saying hamill would beat him...

Posted by hathcock32

Hamill calling out Bisping.....Hamill better wait a while....i dont believe he is ready to fight Bisping yet.

Broknmunky
3/9/07 12:18:36PM
Bisping will own Hammill IMO!
Also watch out for TUF 5 starting in April on Spike. It's gonna be lightweights with coaches BJ Penn and Jens Pulver!
mkiv9secsupra
3/9/07 2:21:10PM
i dont wanna see lightweights. i want them to get more heavyweights and welterweights....not lightweights TUF 5=Boring
roadking95th
3/9/07 3:37:14PM
I know he wasn't on TUF, but he was supposed to be. I am going with Fitch. I think he is going to be very good for a long time.
Broknmunky
3/10/07 8:33:49AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i dont wanna see lightweights. i want them to get more heavyweights and welterweights....not lightweights TUF 5=Boring

Lightweight is the only weight division that hasn't been on any of the previous TUF's. LW's are smaller body mass but most of those guys are more explosive than the fighters in other weight divisions IMO! I think it will be a good show!