If "TUF" awaits, UFC 93 headliner Rich Franklin ready to give it his all

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » If "TUF" awaits, UFC 93 headliner Rich Franklin ready to give it his all
MMAcca
1/13/09 11:50:01PM
For former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin, Saturday's UFC 93 main event fight with Dan Henderson at The 02 in Dublin, Ireland, will answer a lot of questions about his future.

With a coaching stint on "The Ultimate Fighter 9" and a likely return to 185 pounds on the line, Franklin, who recently moved up to the light heavyweight division, isn't too concerned about the future.

But if "TUF" does await, expect Franklin to give it his all.

LINK
xAcidburNx
1/14/09 3:31:24AM
Is anyone as stoked for this fight as I am. the only thing that urks me is cause these two guys are in my top 5 fave guys and they have to fight each other. i never wanna see either of em lose so the fight will be excitingly painful to watch in a sense. i still hope franklin wins
bojangalz
1/14/09 9:01:04AM
Franklin has stated for a while now that he's not to fond of the idea of being a TUF coach. But he's a company guy and he'll do what they ask of him. Hendo on the other hand HAS expressed interest in coaching for the show.

If the coaching role leads to a fight with Bisping, and ultimately Anderson Silva I'd say it's probably in the UFC's best interest for Hendo to win this fight. His first round against the Chanp was as good as anyone has looked against him. It isn't saying much, but at least Hendo hasn't already been dominated twice. There isn't any reason we need to see Ace vs. Spyder again.

I really wish this fight could stand on it's own merit. We shouldn't need the TUF cloud raining on a fight which fans have looked forward to for years. I think the TUF angle really screws up the direction Franklin is trying to take his career. If he wins, then he's got a long lay-off and a drop to 185 for Bisping. He's just starting to get his feet wet at 205.

I love both fighters. (it's hard not to) But for the sake of order and balance I'm rooting for Hendo to win this one.
finnish_line
1/14/09 9:16:20AM

I have a feeling that if Franklin wins and then beats Bisping, UFC will give him a shot at the 205 champ.

Just a feeling.
xAcidburNx
1/14/09 6:25:47PM

Posted by finnish_line

I have a feeling that if Franklin wins and then beats Bisping, UFC will give him a shot at the 205 champ.

Just a feeling.

thats quite a feeling. doesnt make sense for the ufc to have rich kick the crap out of the middleweight division just to have him fight for the lhw title. no one will wanna see a guy who just lost to rich fight anderson. damn mma politics
casey64
1/14/09 8:04:00PM
I cant wait for this fight, itll be amazing.
finnish_line
1/16/09 1:57:36PM

Posted by xAcidburNx

Posted by finnish_line

Just a feeling.

thats quite a feeling. doesnt make sense for the ufc to have rich kick the crap out of the middleweight division just to have him fight for the lhw title. no one will wanna see a guy who just lost to rich fight anderson. damn mma politics

I just can't see Franklin/Silva 3 happening. But if Rich beats Hendo at 205, and then Bisping at 185, they have to reward him somehow. A 205 title shot could be that reward.

Plus it wouldn't be that far fetched, because Franklin would be on a hell of a winning streak, with two of those wins (Hammill and Hendo) being at 205.