TUF 7

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 7
Next Page »
11/19/07 7:43:37AM
There have been some whispers that Karo Parsiyan will be coahing against Jon fitch for the number one contender spot in the Welter weight divison. I was wondering what all of you think about who should be the next coaches on the show, what weight classs it should feature, and what fighters could be on it.
gartface
11/19/07 8:26:11AM
I would love for this set up. I'm not sure I see it happening, because of how stacked welterweight already is. I'd like them to do a season with middleweights, and hopefully try to build that weight class up a little more. I could be wrong though, and I wouldn't complain if i got to see Karo every Wednesday night.
11/19/07 9:01:04AM
I have to agree about the ww division being loaded, and how mw needs depth. But who could be the coach for mw's?They could bring back rich franklin or maby dan henderson and anderson, but hendo hasn't been in the ufc for very long and silva dosn't speak english. Maby they could have fitch and karo coach mw's........ Any idea for mw coaches????
gartface
11/19/07 9:33:12AM
Actually I was thinking that one of the coaches could be Evan Tanner. It could be a good distraction from alcohol and gambling(even though the show takes place in Las Vegas). I'm not sure who the other coach would be, perhaps put Rich Franklin in there. Not sure what they would fight for though, but it would be a good rematch.
CornishMMA
11/19/07 9:52:44AM
ummmmmmm ok, this thread is strangely retarded

A) where did you hear that rumor? its a great idea

B) It was announced months ago that TUF7 will be ALL MW's

C) The coaches dont need to fight at the same weight ffs?!?
I know they have done it that way this season and last but before that you had Tito and Ken coaching MW's etc

But if they do want to have 2 coaches who fight each other in the MW division with some meaning attached then they are sh*t out of luck cos there arent any possibilites that i can think of, something like you mentioned would be best with a #1 contender fight in another weight class
tuvok500
11/19/07 11:31:57AM
I don't think that Karo would be a good choice.

they can take a LHW to coach a MW bunch of guys easely .

the best coach ever was Tito and i think that they can bring him back against i don't know maybe Forrest and they will fight again at the end !!

i would like to see them fight again and also i would like to watch a TUF with those 2 coachs !!

faille
11/19/07 11:57:38AM
I thought they were focusing on the LW next season. I can't see them doing WW again.

Sorry MW.
keith-hackney1
11/19/07 12:11:54PM
IMO karo is a boring fighter ! why does everyone love this guy so much, he cant finish fights !!
Kainlock
11/19/07 12:58:30PM
Well it is going to be MW.

I wouldn't do Henderosn Silva becuase Silva doesn't have good enough english. I know I would be pretty pissed if my caoch had to have a translator.

buckndro
11/19/07 5:55:49PM
karo doesn't even train that much he has ssaid that he just goes off his raw talent an skills an he looked gased on his last fight they could do better then him i would think
Mayhem13
11/19/07 7:03:48PM
I just heard rumors that it will be Jackson and Forrest... but there is always so many rumors floating around you dont know what to believe.... but I think this makes sense... at the end they fight for the belt..Forrest beating Shogun pretty much puts him in that position I guess.....
themmadigest
11/19/07 7:41:42PM
The only reason they'd do that I guess is to build up for a title shot.
If Fitch was not fighting he would be a wrestling coach and Parisyan's instructional video is pretty good and he has a good way of explaining things from what I saw there.
I think Forrest versus Jackson would be way more entertaining though.
hathcock32
11/19/07 7:55:54PM
Yea Dana is hoping that Rampage will do it and it will be Rampage and Forrest......wow that has best season written all over it.
seavillebri
11/19/07 9:42:26PM
rampage would be great on the show. not only for his mma talents, he's a funny guy too
hippysmacker
11/19/07 9:58:33PM

Posted by 905010

There have been some whispers that Karo Parsiyan will be coahing against Jon fitch for the number one contender spot in the Welter weight divison. I was wondering what all of you think about who should be the next coaches on the show, what weight classs it should feature, and what fighters could be on it.

Source? The majority of MMA internet rumors are spread from one fan , who wants something to the happen, and spread to someone who was told the rumor is credible. I actually knew a guy who used to do this with comic books( is in my home fantasy football league and still works at a comic store to this day) , because he thought it was funny. He would go to a site dedicated to a book, and after a couple of weeks of hinting he worked in the " bizness": He would spread the rumor that Hollywood was making the movie. He would even make up cast rumors. The funniest thing was 5 years before X-men was even optioned to pre-production , he said that the script was written, Speilberg was directing, Stallone was in talks to play Wolverine, Van Damme was in in talks to play Gambit, and Patrick Stewart was in talks to play Professor X. He was actually right about Stewart Made me LoL when I saw it. Anyway he bragged that he did it on over 40 message boards, and is the reason no one believes anything posted about comics to film with out a source. .A guy who works for the web-site comics to film was actually talking about this troll at the San DIego Comic-con last year reportedly.
stickyhash421
11/19/07 11:47:33PM
i want a heavyweight division, everybody forgets about them, get together some of the best HW's (Barnett, Aleks, Hunt, Gonzaga) and give them a title shot at the winner of sylvia/nog. and have wandy and tito as coaches and they fight at the finale.
Pitbull09
11/19/07 11:59:02PM
middleweights are needed but I dont think they will have Silva and Henderson coach. They say Rampage might be but if he is I hope for sure the fighters are in the Middle or Heavyweight divisions.
ncordless
11/20/07 1:26:23AM
Ftich and Karo would be OK I guess. But does this mean that we won't see another title shot after GSP's until 2009? They need to spread the coaching love to other divisions or WW is going to stall out completely.
Manfred
11/20/07 9:39:22AM
I'd like to see Hendo coach. He needs some exposure in the US. A lot of casual fans are probably wondering why he gets back-to-back title shots.

Especially if he loses to Anderson (55/45 that he will, IMO) he'll need to do something to improve his status.

The other coach is a mystery though, that's the state of the MW div. Franklin maybe?
CornishMMA
11/20/07 10:03:40AM

Posted by ncordless

Ftich and Karo would be OK I guess. But does this mean that we won't see another title shot after GSP's until 2009? They need to spread the coaching love to other divisions or WW is going to stall out completely.

LOL no way 2009 dude! They would fight that #1 contender fight around Finale time in May/June which is the same time as GSP will fight the champ so no that title fight would be around September

Karo mentioned it in his post fight interview on sherdog apparently, im thinking a much better idea would be Forrest and Jardine so they rematch and the winner gets a title shot AFTER the winner of Wandy/Chuck has fought Rampage, they must want to have Forrest as a coach badly as it would be great for ratings but maybe if Rampage is out until may/june he would be the best opponent coach for Forrest, he aint really the true #1 contender mind as he still lost to Jardine who beat Chuck (so id rank him higher) but its do-able
CornishMMA
11/20/07 10:09:49AM

Posted by Manfred

I'd like to see Hendo coach. He needs some exposure in the US. A lot of casual fans are probably wondering why he gets back-to-back title shots.

Especially if he loses to Anderson (55/45 that he will, IMO) he'll need to do something to improve his status.

The other coach is a mystery though, that's the state of the MW div. Franklin maybe?

Hendo is fighting Silva early March though, they are near the end of filming then but its still not possible for Hendo to be a coach

Can i just state again that the COACHES DONT NEED TO BE IN THE SAME WEIGHT CLASS!!!!! lol it just seems a few of you are confused and think they have to as i keep reading posts about them doing WW's or what MW coaches could they use etc
Manfred
11/20/07 8:40:46PM
^It's just they HAVE been the same weight class for every season except 2 (and wasn't one of them a last minute replacement for that one?)
bisping77
11/21/07 2:14:47PM
i think it should be MW and it should be Mike Bisping and Rich franklin and then at the end they both fight for #1 contender for hendo or silva (hendo is gonna kill the little skinny brasillian)

only if bisping drops down and yeah dont hate on bisping becuase he proved alot wrong in the evans fight and he does work hard in the gym so i think he be a good coach..
jiujitsufreak74
11/21/07 2:26:14PM

Posted by bisping77

i think it should be MW and it should be Mike Bisping and Rich franklin and then at the end they both fight for #1 contender for hendo or silva (hendo is gonna kill the little skinny brasillian)

only if bisping drops down and yeah dont hate on bisping becuase he proved alot wrong in the evans fight and he does work hard in the gym so i think he be a good coach..

bisping would be the furthest choice in my mind tbh. i don't see why he deserves anything after, imo, two lackluster performances that weren't too exciting. looked really sloppy against both hamil and rashad and he didn't prove anything to me by going the distance with rashad, who btw looked out of shape. why should he get a number 1 contender chance just from dropping down? what has he done, controversially beat hamill and lose to rashad...in my mind that doesn't warrant anything never mind a number one contender opportunity.

if he drops down, which he should, he should face herman or tanner or another MW somewhere in the middle. besides, if he was a coach, no one would be able to understand him; the TUF producers even had to use subtitles for crying out loud.
bisping77
11/21/07 2:39:08PM
yeah your right.. i probaly just said this becuase i am one of the few bisping fans that didnt ditch him when he lost to hamil... owell i was just puting my opnion out there .........

Tuf 7 would be cool to see dan henderson as a coach just becuase he is sucha nice guy and rampage
PunchyMcGee
11/22/07 7:43:55PM
How about Rampage and Shogun as coaches?
Pitbull09
11/23/07 3:57:06AM

Posted by hathcock32

Yea Dana is hoping that Rampage will do it and it will be Rampage and Forrest......wow that has best season written all over it.

I agree, that looks prefect on paper. Jackson and Forest are perfect for Tv and the Middleweight divsion needs fighters desprately
Pitbull09
11/23/07 3:59:32AM
Lol can anyone picture Anderson Silva coaching on the show? His english is terrible.
cmill21
11/23/07 4:04:12AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Lol can anyone picture Anderson Silva coaching on the show? His english is terrible.

Unfortunetly no. He would have a ton of knowledge to pass on, but unless they had half of the contestants who were able to speak portugese it would take like 4 hours to train due to every insruction having to be said twice.
hippysmacker
11/23/07 6:00:23AM
I'm for Sherk and BJ ,if Bj beats Joe, which I think he will. Wold be a lot of tension with Bj talking roids smack, and Sherk defending himself,and steaming to clock him. Good stuff if you ask me, and they could still train guys from 185.
Pages: [1] 2