'TUF 16' runner-up Mike Ricci headed to lightweight, eyes UFC 158 slot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 'TUF 16' runner-up Mike Ricci headed to lightweight, eyes UFC 158 slot
FastKnockout
12/16/12 12:58:05PM
LAS VEGAS – As expected Mike Ricci is returning to his normal weight class, and following a runner-up finish on "The Ultimate Fighter 16," he's aiming for a spot on the recently announced UFC 158 card.

Link
sparky
12/16/12 1:30:35PM
Ricci is a tough young kid I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at light weight in the UFC
sparky
12/16/12 1:31:03PM
Ricci is a tough young kid I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at light weight in the UFC
Gogoplatapus
12/16/12 1:58:27PM

Posted by sparky

you can say that again.
shaneTpain
12/16/12 2:20:09PM
prozacnation1978
12/16/12 2:24:16PM
Curious who they give him next.
Have him face al iaquinta next
MMAcca
12/16/12 3:49:22PM
Lightweight division + Zero wrestling ability = unpleasantness and going back to being Rory's fashion advisor.
infestructure
12/16/12 9:51:35PM

Posted by MMAcca

Lightweight division + Zero wrestling ability = unpleasantness and going back to being Rory's fashion advisor.

Yep, if he cant get Colton Smith off his back, he's gonna have trouble
aussiemma
12/17/12 1:04:03AM

Posted by MMAcca

yes this exactly. he got the shit controlled out of him by a practical newbie to the game in colton smith. He will get mauled by the lw wrestlers.
Bubbles
12/17/12 1:47:51AM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by MMAcca

yes this exactly. he got the shit controlled out of him by a practical newbie to the game in colton smith. He will get mauled by the lw wrestlers.

he trains at Tristar and is FWB with Rory MacDonald...you'd think he would have some semblance of TDD
BillsNewAccount
12/17/12 8:47:22AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by MMAcca

he trains at Tristar and is FWB with Rory MacDonald...you'd think he would have some semblance of TDD

He is still going to look small and have problems with wrestlers. Shit, Colton said he wanted to drop to LW too. I would try for feather weight. Other dudes at Tristar seem to have no problem with cutting a lot of weight but then again they don't seem to have problems wrestling dudes either.