TUF 8's Lawlor Dropping To Middleweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 8's Lawlor Dropping To Middleweight
DCRage
12/18/08 1:16:02PM
After likely earning at least one more fight in UFC thanks to his win at the TUF 8 Finale, Tom Lawlor has announced he will drop to Middleweight after being a Light Heavyweight on the show. He plans to return in March after recovering from what he's "pretty sure" is a broken hand suffered in his Finale win.

Article
ohiostate1016
12/18/08 1:30:17PM
He's way to small to be a 205 fighter, and I think he could turn a few heads after going to MW. It'll take some time, though. Lots of time.

Eliot Marshall is another fighter from the show who I think could be dangerous down the line.
MMAcca
12/18/08 1:33:33PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Eliot Marshall is another fighter from the show who I think could be dangerous down the line.

Definately agree with this. I think with the right training/camp he could prove to be the most successful LHW from TUF8
ohiostate1016
12/18/08 1:34:44PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ohiostate1016

Definately agree with this. I think with the right training/camp he could prove to be the most successful LHW from TUF8

Especially with his size and that jits.
MMAcca
12/18/08 1:37:35PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ohiostate1016

Especially with his size and that jits.

Check out his reasoning behind the move

“I’m not walking out of [my UFC fights] with Chuck Liddell money at this point … so it’s really hard for me to eat as many calories as I need to,” Lawlor joked. “Plus, I really, really like to booze on the weekends, so a lot of money goes to that. I really don’t have a lot of money for food, so I’ve been losing weight at a rapid rate ever since I quit my job about a year ago. It’s been kind of tough for me to keep the weight on.”
Twenty20Dollars
12/18/08 2:00:40PM
I was going to say the same thing about Marshall. He would be a big tall MW. Dominate striking with his reach and then if it goes to the ground he has jits.
Sledge23
12/18/08 5:13:48PM
with little experience, the middle weight division of the UFC is not a good place to be. too much good competetion (you could say the sam about LHW)
but there are too many good fighters in the division to succeed. MW is an easy place to loose and get kicked out.
ziegler3334
12/18/08 7:02:13PM
I dont think lawlor will ever contend for anything. eliot marshall could be a solid fighter and a tough opponent, but still not anything too special.

i still think vinny has the most upside