After 'TUF 16' championship, Colton Smith considering drop to lightweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After 'TUF 16' championship, Colton Smith considering drop to lightweight
FastKnockout
12/16/12 12:57:01PM
LAS VEGAS – After defeating a string of welterweights and winning the 16th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," Colton Smith is considering a new weight class.

Link
FastKnockout
12/16/12 12:59:49PM
Guess he realized he wouldn't make it too far at WW. Too many wrestlers that can handle his takedowns and pressure.
shaneTpain
12/16/12 2:22:49PM
What a terrible end to the worst tuf season ever
prozacnation1978
12/16/12 2:25:48PM
Him vs Norman Parke next. Both newly crowned tuf champs
infestructure
12/16/12 2:46:32PM

Posted by shaneTpain

The only solace I can find is that Colton Smith is going to get ktfo as soon as he faces some top comp
pmoney
12/16/12 3:03:47PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by shaneTpain

The only solace I can find is that Colton Smith is going to get ktfo as soon as he faces some top comp

I bet he won't even beat top 20 competition. He and Mike Ricci both shit the bed like none other last night. Terrible.fight, terrible season. TUF needs to stick to other countries, or sub-155lb divisions if it wants to procure any decent talent anymore.
MMAcca
12/16/12 3:46:05PM
Smart move. I just hope he buys some fight shorts for his next bout.

Those grey boxers make me vomit.......
JLS1980
12/16/12 4:13:09PM

Posted by MMAcca

Smart move. I just hope he buys some fight shorts for his next bout.

Those grey boxers make me vomit.......

That's funny. We were talking about that last night during the fight. My girlfriend was like what the hell is he wearing. The same shorts he always wears.
tcunningham
12/16/12 4:36:23PM
i like this idea. he could do really well at LW. he's got good pressure and good wrestling but the savages at WW i think are just to much for him, he is far from a big WW anyway.
FlashyG
12/16/12 4:38:06PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by infestructure

Posted by shaneTpain

I bet he won't even beat top 20 competition. He and Mike Ricci both shit the bed like none other last night. Terrible.fight, terrible season. TUF needs to stick to other countries, or sub-155lb divisions if it wants to procure any decent talent anymore.

I think they've pretty much exhausted some of the weight classes unsigned talent.

They've done 8 seasons at WW, 7 at MW (after next season), 6 at lightweight and only 8 seasons at all the other weights combined.

Maybe a Women's edition will bring back the excitement.
JLS1980
12/16/12 4:41:17PM

Posted by FlashyG

I think they've pretty much exhausted some of the weight classes unsigned talent.

They've done 8 seasons at WW, 7 at MW (after next season), 6 at lightweight and only 8 seasons at all the other weights combined.

You better not let teh Kingsmasher here that idea.
Bubbles
12/16/12 6:35:24PM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by FlashyG

he aint around anymore to spew his nonsense
infestructure
12/16/12 7:29:07PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by FlashyG

he aint around anymore to spew his nonsense

:

aussiemma
12/16/12 8:10:47PM
If he wants to move to lw then let him fight Abel trujilo or tiger khabilov.
MMAcca
12/17/12 1:10:10AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by pmoney

Posted by infestructure

Posted by shaneTpain

I want to see 125 & 135 divisions or another comeback season personally.
thevoodooninja
12/17/12 9:39:50AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by pmoney

Posted by infestructure

Posted by shaneTpain

I want to see 125 & 135 divisions or another comeback season personally.

A comeback season sounds good too