'TUF 8' champ Escudero likely to return to UFC, meet Volkmann at UFC 141

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 'TUF 8' champ Escudero likely to return to UFC, meet Volkmann at UFC 141
Budgellism
12/6/11 4:21:54PM
After a high-profile split with the organization, "The Ultimate Fighter 8" champion Efrain Escudero (18-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) is expected to return to the UFC.

Multiple sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that T.J. Grant (17-5 MMA, 4-3 UFC) has suffered an undisclosed injury and has been forced out of this month's UFC 141 event.

Now, Escudero is expected to take his place and fight fast-rising lightweight Jacob Volkmann (13-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC).

However, UFC officials have made no formal announcement about the likely UFC 141 fight, which takes place Dec. 30 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event, which takes place on a Friday to avoid Sin City's usual New Year's Eve congestion, features a pay-per-view main card.

Escudero vs. Volkmann is slated for prelims that are expected to stream on Facebook.

LINK
shaneTpain
12/6/11 4:37:35PM
NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TJ injured again?!!!! COME ON BROOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Budgellism
12/6/11 4:40:51PM

Posted by shaneTpain

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TJ injured again?!!!! COME ON BROOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Very disappointing. I thought T.J. had enough to pull it off. I see Volkmann having a much easier time now.
FastKnockout
12/6/11 4:44:29PM
Tough break for Grant and Escudero. Don't see Escudero putting up much of a fight against Volkmann.
bakersfield6969
12/6/11 6:47:35PM
Volkman is the one of the most underrated Fighters in the UFC If he Beats escudero i hope to see him up against some top 10 talent hopefully some one like Nate Diaz or Gleison Tibeau
Twenty20Dollars
12/6/11 7:41:07PM
I wanted to see TJ win, but that was going to be tough for him and going to be harder for Escudero to win.

Plus it's Volkmann's time of the year, christmas.
DeadHead988
12/6/11 7:42:24PM
As many others have said, Volkmann is an underrated beast. He'll send Escudero packing for the second time.
Bubbles
12/6/11 10:05:38PM
cant wait to hear EE getting his walking papers again
sparky
12/6/11 10:34:34PM
This should be a lot easier of a fight for Volkmann!!!

A little disappointing I was interested to see where Grant stood in the LW division.