TUF M-1 Style: Coming Soon

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF M-1 Style: Coming Soon
DCRage
2/12/08 2:13:03PM
Seriously. M-1 Global's newest project is "Fighting Fedor", a TUF-style competition series where 16 Heavyweights will fight for the grand prize at the end-a fight against M-1's Fedor Emelianenko.

Article
DCRage
2/12/08 2:13:53PM
Indescribably ridiculous. Just how bad could it possibly be?
iwannabesedated
2/12/08 2:20:32PM
Thats one contest i wouldn't want to win..

Hey win this contest and your prize is an armbar courtesy of Fedor.
tuvok500
2/12/08 2:22:24PM

What a way to find a can to fight Fedor !!

Look like they are VERY close to have a HUGE list of 2 guys fighting for them !!

EpicTerran
2/12/08 2:54:34PM
Well if the fighters consist of Josh Barnett , Randy Couture , Pedro Rizzo , Jeff Monson and some other names then this would be a decent show!
wapttn
2/12/08 3:18:07PM
given the format of the show, i dont see top competition signing up, especially not couture. Couture has said that he wants to fight fedor and thats it.. he doesnt wanna fight a couple cans and then someone like barnett to get there
Kpro
2/12/08 3:24:35PM
Wow, great news. This will solidify Fedor's place as the #1 Heavyweight. Beating the winner of a 16 man tournament is the same as beating 16 guys.

wait, what?
tuvok500
2/12/08 3:27:06PM

Posted by Kpro

Wow, great news. This will solidify Fedor's place as the #1 Heavyweight. Beating the winner of a 16 man tournament is the same as beating 16 guys.

wait, what?

LOL !!

yeah, the same as beating 16 fighters !!

BIGKAT
2/12/08 3:37:03PM

Why do people even waste their breath talking about this guy? It's obvious he's not interested in figthing top tier competition and more interested in padding his record by fighting nobodies.

A Has-Been fighting Never Were's....sounds legendary to me!!!!

Manfred
2/12/08 3:52:37PM
Not even I will defend this horsesh*t!!
BlazinSaddle
2/12/08 4:04:26PM
i see nothing wrong with this if they have B-A level fighters, if its full of cans then terrible way to give fedor an easy win,

if randy really wants this fight he should just take off his man-glove and slap fedor with it so fedor gets M-1 to sign this fight ASAP so there will be no more consideration that fedor is #1
BlazinSaddle
2/12/08 4:05:56PM

Posted by BIGKAT

Why do people even waste their breath talking about this guy? It's obvious he's not interested in figthing top tier competition and more interested in padding his record by fighting nobodies.

A Has-Been fighting Never Were's....sounds legendary to me!!!!

yeah fedors credentials arnt impressive go back to sherdog duder
JimiMak
2/12/08 4:44:09PM
He is dead to me. **** him if this is his idea of "better business decisions" then he's a moron and deserves all the hate.
babytater03
2/12/08 4:59:29PM

Posted by Manfred

Not even I will defend this horsesh*t!!

Nice Manfred. to you
juanez13
2/12/08 5:28:35PM
no different than TUF the comeback, hey if serra beat GSP, im sure the winner of this thing can...wait... what???? the winner fights fedor??????? nevermind than.........

pretty stupid, i was really hoping to see fedor vs barney, or if aleks would have fought barney, and aleks would win, fedor vs aleks would be intersting (al shammy vs Lil shammy) not sure if they accept, but interesting non the less....man im telling you, if fedor looses a fight, they whole company is over.....
BigTomZ
2/12/08 5:39:26PM
I think ultimately both Fedor and Randy would prefer to avoid losing a fight and avoid any major injuries. This show could help draw attention to Fedor in the US and give him an easy opponent to fight. This is basically a stopgap until they can make the Randy/Fedor fight materialize.
cmill21
2/12/08 6:08:57PM
Only way this will be a legit fight is if you have guys like kharitonov, overeem, barney ect on it...If not it will be like TUF comeback but will all russians, or random americans who think they can beat Fedor because they have no idea who he is, but Dana said he sucked so it must be true .
telnights
2/12/08 7:15:19PM
What a joke! Give me a break, Fedor is starting to become the laughing stock of MMA. M-1 couldn't come up with anything better than this then they are in real trouble.
hippysmacker
2/15/08 6:04:52AM
Seriously this could be dangerous. If its not real good fighters, someone could be badly hurt. The TUF comeback show at least had professionals ,that had fought in the UFC before. This is scary. I hope Fedor just submits the guy real fast. If he actually hit him, in any number of places, it could kill somebody. When I heard Mirko was going over there to fight MMA , I thought was a huge step in the right direction for m-1 . This kinda counteracts that good move . Still, it might be wise to urge caution in judgment for a bit . If they instead had a bunch of guys who were are maybe past their prime ( Rizzo, Frye, Shamrock, etc.) it could still bring new people to MMA, and probably avoid any serious injuries. The outcry against their stated goal now will hopefully cause them to reassess the shows format. I have trouble believing guys like Couture and Barnett would participate, but fighters of the caliber I already mentioned would probably welcome the chance. Lets just hope they realize their mistake before it actually starts being filmed. Even if it's a group of neverweres, and a couple of experienced fighters, it could help MMA grow. So why my initial reaction is negative, I think we should try to chill a bit till we know more about who's actually on the show.