TUF - The Heavyweights - Kimbo vs. Roy Nelson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » TUF - The Heavyweights - Kimbo vs. Roy Nelson
RMFG_187
9/30/09 9:42:39PM
Roy "Big Country" Nelson def. Kevin "Kimbo" Ferguson via TKO in round 2. Punches from the Figure Four.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/30/09 10:50:46PM
im actually more impressed with kimbo then roy so far ( after rd 1 )
hotrodttt
9/30/09 10:52:41PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

But did you see how easily he was mounted? He did good in the stand up and actually had Roy staggered.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/30/09 10:56:24PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

But did you see how easily he was mounted? He did good in the stand up and actually had Roy staggered.

well yeah it was inevitable lol, but yeah the staggering is what i meant, roy just put up a boring ass fight
kopower
9/30/09 11:08:02PM
Kimbo just lays on the bottom and does nothing. Not that all impressed with Roy. I love how he thought he put on a show for everyone
mrhighway9
9/30/09 11:11:15PM
kimbo will be back,whether it's next week if he fills in for marcus or just after the season.he'll def. be in the ufc in the future
postman
9/30/09 11:44:25PM
I think Kimbo has come pretty far concidering his age. He needs to work them hips more. Roy needs to be a little less impressed with his lite ass profomance.
decken
10/1/09 12:16:59AM
I know Roy did not look that good but I think he is really trying not to get injured knowing that he has to fight again so soon. Why go all out if you just end up getting injured and can not continue?
jae_1833
10/1/09 2:43:10AM
Kimbo did well from the bottom considering he is only 230 and could definately end up a LHW, Roy came in at 264 and was probably cutting weight. Kimbo almost bucked and rolled him but Roy's top control was just too good. I think Kimbo will definately do well, especially since I believe the rumor that he is training with Greg Jackson's Camp!
RMFG_187
10/1/09 3:36:27AM
He would really benifit training at the pit, not just learnind tdd, but how to get back up 2 ur feet after being taken down. His legs were just laying there. He couldve escaped out the back door a couple times, but only tried to sweep once against the cage. When he was far from cage, he looked like a GnP dummy just doing nothing. He still has a ways to go, but showed some alright standup, except for that stupid knee. Ommg I could go on for days on the mistakes he made. I just hope he gets another chance to prove me wrong
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/1/09 9:15:41AM
I wanted Kimbo to win that fight and I hope he gets one more chance on the show but I hope Marcus fights as well, don't want that guy to lose his shot
Rush
10/1/09 12:05:24PM
If last night's performances were any indication both fighters would get destroyed against a legit HW in the UFC. By legit I don't even necessarily mean top 10.
jae_1833
10/1/09 2:17:05PM
I hate to have to agree with that, but it is screamingly obvious. Roy would have to be given McCully and Kimbo would have to be fed Eddie Sanchez.