TSN: "OTR", "Next question" and "1 on 1" with Wand (3 vids)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TSN: "OTR", "Next question" and "1 on 1" with Wand (3 vids)
Manfred
7/4/09 9:35:14AM
EDIT: OOPS, One more OFF THE RECORD

LINK TO 1-on1
Talks training and the best fighters

LINK TO Next Question
Soft ball questions as always, but a fun interview to watch. Talks UFC 100 predictions and retirement
Rush
7/4/09 9:44:29AM
What Wandy was in my backyard and I didn't know about it? Arg. It would've been crazy to see him on the street.

I have to say that that interview just made me like the guy a whole lot more.

Awesome
Brain_Smasher
7/4/09 12:31:09PM
All the years in Pride i never liked Silva. But as soon as he come to the UFC. He started being promoted better. He also starting speaking English in interviews. Now i really like the guy. He is just a very nice guy. The emotion he showed after the Jardine fight. The way he feels about his fans and the respect he shows Dana and the Fertitas for bringing him in just shows the kind of person he is that never come across while in Pride.
Manfred
7/4/09 12:49:38PM
I think a lot of American guys in PRIDE felt intimidated by Chute Box back then. Maybe they even wanted and promoted that image.

But watch PRIDE:Decade. Don Frye talks about meeting him for the first time in person and thought he would have to fight him on the spot. Wand walked up and offered him some gum.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/4/09 12:57:12PM

Posted by Manfred

I think a lot of American guys in PRIDE felt intimidated by Chute Box back then. Maybe they even wanted and promoted that image.

But watch PRIDE:Decade. Don Frye talks about meeting him for the first time in person and thought he would have to fight him on the spot. Wand walked up and offered him some gum.

Haha. Here is the clip with Frye talking about Wandy.

Link
Manfred
7/4/09 1:45:05PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Haha. Here is the clip with Frye talking about Wandy.

Link

That's the one! 's not being lazy like me and finding it
SmileR
7/4/09 1:49:28PM
Its impossible to not like Wand! He really is such a nice guy outside the cage but got him spot on, true gent outside of the ring but he'd destroy you in it!

I hope Wand stays true to what he said and fights for another 5 years! I'll watch him no matter what!
Chuteboxer
7/4/09 2:31:01PM

Posted by SmileR

Its impossible to not like Wand! He really is such a nice guy outside the cage but got him spot on, true gent outside of the ring but he'd destroy you in it!

I hope Wand stays true to what he said and fights for another 5 years! I'll watch him no matter what!

I wanna see him have one last go at the title...I really wanna see it. I hope he crushes the next guy he fights.
Shawn91111
7/4/09 6:31:10PM
I like OTR but Michael Lansberg is a douche. He constantly cuts people off and interupts them. I wish someone would beat the hell out of him
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/4/09 6:48:56PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I like OTR but Michael Lansberg is a douche. He constantly cuts people off and interupts them. I wish someone would beat the hell out of him

Well uuuummm... Personally he's not my favorite person but being the way he is on the show is why TSN hired him... it's his job
Shawn91111
7/4/09 7:00:04PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Well uuuummm... Personally he's not my favorite person but being the way he is on the show is why TSN hired him... it's his job

Its his job to cut people off and interupt them?
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/4/09 7:26:30PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Do you regularly watch the show, or even TSN at that extent? to answer your question yes it is his job to do all that he does. I'm pretty sure there's enough personnel in the TSN roster (woron, randorf, duthie, schultz, even jennifer hedger who replaced him when he was out for a week) to replace him if the executives thought he wasnt doing his job properly. I wasnt saying anything against your opinion here, just saying not to hate on a person that much for what he's paid to do.
Shawn91111
7/4/09 8:26:30PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Do you regularly watch the show, or even TSN at that extent? to answer your question yes it is his job to do all that he does. I'm pretty sure there's enough personnel in the TSN roster (woron, randorf, duthie, schultz, even jennifer hedger who replaced him when he was out for a week) to replace him if the executives thought he wasnt doing his job properly. I wasnt saying anything against your opinion here, just saying not to hate on a person that much for what he's paid to do.

Ive watched enough of his OTR interviews to know what he does. I can hate on anyone I please. Who cares if he is paid to act like a jackass. Im not allowed to hate on that? There a ton of people who feel Goldberg and Rogan are seen unfit to do their job, but they are paid to do that. Doesnt mean they cant hate on them. If I think someone is being a douche, Im going to say it plain and simple.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/4/09 10:30:09PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Ive watched enough of his OTR interviews to know what he does. I can hate on anyone I please. Who cares if he is paid to act like a jackass. Im not allowed to hate on that? There a ton of people who feel Goldberg and Rogan are seen unfit to do their job, but they are paid to do that. Doesnt mean they cant hate on them. If I think someone is being a douche, Im going to say it plain and simple.

haha aight dude whatever you like. You must find that there are alot of douches on tv then.

Landsberg
Shawn91111
7/4/09 10:34:28PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

haha aight dude whatever you like. You must find that there are alot of douches on tv then.

Landsberg

Not really, but when there is one I think who is, then im going to say so.

Landsberg