Need help, trying to find a fight

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Need help, trying to find a fight
POLL: Who has the best low kicks (between these peole)
Keith Jardine 20% (5)
Wilson Gouveia 4% (1)
Cheick Kongo 0% (0)
Antoni Hardonk 4% (1)
Bas Rutten 32% (8)
Mirko Crocop 40% (10)
Cobbs666
2/8/08 7:36:06PM
I am looking to find out who fought in a fight. It was sometime during the first half of 2007 it was a prelim fight aired after the main event, pretty sure the last fight shown on the televised ppv. It was a round 1 tko i think and i remember the one guy taking the guy out with a bunch of sweet leg kicks, i thought it was wilson gouviea but i am not so sure. If anyone can confirm that and give me opponents name or tell me the event and who was fighting that would be the cats ass
cowcatcher
2/8/08 7:37:26PM
might have been hardonk vs sherman pendergarst
Pookie
2/8/08 7:46:35PM
if i could vote for anyone id say shogun has the best low kicks
NatedawgThaM
2/8/08 7:52:45PM
Cro Cop, K-1 Level kickboxer, he broke his(Yoshida's) leg and made Yoshida quit with leg kicks . Enough said
Pookie
2/8/08 7:55:22PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Cro Cop, K-1 Level kickboxer, he made Yoshida quit with leg kicks. Enough said

EDIT - he broke yoshida's leg with leg kicks
juanez13
2/8/08 7:57:32PM
so you are looking for a guy who fought in a fight..i think we are on to something here....it may very well be antoni hardonk vs Sherman Pendergarst at UFC 65, hardonk has some nasty leg kicks, i was gonna say thiago alves vs chris lytle, buts it was later than the first half of 07, but if you like leg kicks, i suggest watching that fight......on a side note, i think if hardonk can get his ground game at an average level, i think he could be a force at the HW division, his striking is great, and i think he could outstrike almost anybody in the division, i'd even pick him over cro cop

here is link to antoni hardonk vs Sherman , hope its this fight LINK
watch after the 2:05 mark, thats where the fight gets on the feet and the stiking starts
Pookie
2/8/08 8:00:54PM

Posted by juanez13

so you are looking for a guy who fought in a fight..i think we are on to something here....it may very well be antoni hardonk vs Sherman Pendergarst at UFC 65, hardonk has some nasty leg kicks, i was gonna say thiago alves vs chris lytle, buts it was later than the first half of 07, but if you like leg kicks, i suggest watching that fight......on a side note, i think if hardonk can get his ground game at an average level, i think he could be a force at the HW division, his striking is great, and i think he could outstrike almost anybody in the division, i'd even pick him over cro cop

we are enemies now....

Hardonk vs. kongo would be pretty funny to watch
cowcatcher
2/8/08 8:01:42PM

Posted by juanez13

i dunno if id pick him over CC, but if he had any ground game at all hed be tough for anyone. if only he could find someone to train wrestling/bjj with in weesp.
juanez13
2/8/08 8:06:37PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by juanez13

i dunno if id pick him over CC, but if he had any ground game at all hed be tough for anyone. if only he could find someone to train wrestling/bjj with in weesp.

surprisingly his BJJ trainer is Rickson gracie, but i think he should focus a bit more on his wresteling so that he can stop the takedowns....but for his stand up trainer couldnt be any better since he trains with ernesto hoost
cowcatcher
2/8/08 8:09:55PM
i wasnt going to knock his stand up at all, he has very few holes in that dept. are you sure his trainer is rickson, or is it a rickson trained instructor?
juanez13
2/8/08 8:15:39PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i wasnt going to knock his stand up at all, he has very few holes in that dept. are you sure his trainer is rickson, or is it a rickson trained instructor?

im pretty sure it was rickson, not a rickson trained instructor, i forgot where i read it from, but ill try to find it
Pookie
2/8/08 8:21:24PM
ive heard that it is rickson too
jiujitsufreak74
2/8/08 8:23:02PM
thiago alves's leg kicks are sick, i wouldn't want to mess with those weapons; just ask chris lytle. CC does have great leg kicks but his kicks are more aimed at the body and head so its not as noticeable in his style. bas rutten's leg kicks are also deadly as shown by his one fight return in 2006 where he actually scored a TKO via leg kick, funniest skill disparity fight i have ever seen in my life. kieth is up there as well as he taught chuck a lesson in leg kicks by pounding the crap out of his legs. to answer the question , i think Alves has the best leg kicks right now in MMA.

to answer your question, it couldn't have been Gouveia because his 2007 victories were all submissions. it also can't be hardonk because both of his 2007 fights were losses. the only fights that match your description are Marcus Davis over Jason Tan at UFC 72 and Edgar over Bocek at UFC 73. i am not sure if the dgar fight was broadcast but i know for a fact the davis one was. i don't distinctly remember leg kicks as a glaring characteristic of either fight but they both are 1st round KO's on the preliminaries that were shown on broadcast. at least the davis one was definitely shown but i have ruled out other preliminary 1st round KOs because they either weren't shown or not in the fist half of 2007 (which i cut off at august just incase your ideal for half is vague). i hope this helps
cowcatcher
2/8/08 8:23:50PM
well if 2 people say it ill buy it, get his butt to randys gym or team quest to learn some wrestling stat.
Cobbs666
2/8/08 8:24:44PM
nope it wasnt the hardonk vs sherman fight but hardonk does have some sick legs kicks. The one i am trying to find is either at or after 66 though
juanez13
2/8/08 8:36:53PM

Posted by Cobbs666

nope it wasnt the hardonk vs sherman fight but hardonk does have some sick legs kicks. The one i am trying to find is either at or after 66 though

do you remeber if they were more of the lighter weight fighters, or heavier, things like that could help........

at UFC 66, check out thiago alves vs tony Tony DeSouza

EDIT: the only one that fits your description is Marcus Davis Jason Tan, because UFC 66 was in 06', and the rest just dont seem to match
jiujitsufreak74
2/8/08 9:24:53PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Cobbs666

do you remeber if they were more of the lighter weight fighters, or heavier, things like that could help........

at UFC 66, check out thiago alves vs tony Tony DeSouza

EDIT: the only one that fits your description is Marcus Davis Jason Tan, because UFC 66 was in 06', and the rest just dont seem to match

i just said that

to answer your question, it couldn't have been Gouveia because his 2007 victories were all submissions. it also can't be hardonk because both of his 2007 fights were losses. the only fights that match your description are Marcus Davis over Jason Tan at UFC 72 and Edgar over Bocek at UFC 73 . i am not sure if the edgar fight was broadcast but i know for a fact the davis one was. i don't distinctly remember leg kicks as a glaring characteristic of either fight but they both are 1st round KO's on the preliminaries that were shown on broadcast. at least the davis one was definitely shown but i have ruled out other preliminary 1st round KOs because they either weren't shown or not in the fist half of 2007 (which i cut off at august just in case your ideal for half is vague). i hope this helps
Svartorm
2/9/08 1:15:50AM
Keith Jardine leg kicked the crap out of Bonner at UFN 4, but he didn't take him out.

Alves leg kicked Hironaka in his fight before Lytle, but that wasn't televised I don't think.

Forrest Griffin leg kicked Hector Ramirez constantly at UFC 73 I think it was.

Do you remember skin color, shorts, or anything else that would help?
Gipper
2/9/08 2:45:28AM
remember lytle was smashing alves with the leather though fellas.
Playground_Samurai
2/9/08 3:24:57AM
Here is a link for the Gouveia/Marrero fight. It only took a couple leg kicks for Marrero to buckle.