The Truth Vs. Shogun!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The Truth Vs. Shogun!
POLL: Who would take it
Vera by Sub 0% (0)
Shogun by TKO 62% (21)
Vera by TKO 21% (7)
Shogun by Sub 12% (4)
dont really care 6% (2)
joshryanshepherd
7/10/08 2:52:25AM
Thats a fight with Fireworks writtin all over it!

i would love to see them fight when they get a few wins under their belts. obviously both coming off of loses, shoguns because of his lack to give a piss about his health and veras coming to a no good referee.

But any who we would be bound to see high kick after high kick ! hah

(and my apologies to anyone who thought this thread was anything more than a dream match up)
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/10/08 3:00:41AM
I agree with you man, this would be an awesome fight. I would pick Shogun by sub in the 2nd or 3rd. Probably an armbar. Also, I agree with you saying that they need a few wins first. Maybe after Shogun is done with Soko.
joshryanshepherd
7/10/08 3:10:03AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I agree with you man, this would be an awesome fight. I would pick Shogun by sub in the 2nd or 3rd. Probably an armbar. Also, I agree with you saying that they need a few wins first. Maybe after Shogun is done with Soko.

yes and i will be damned if SoccerJew beats Shogun! think about it...he beat lil nog then he beats Arona and THEN he beats Shogun...PR%DE middleweight division, eat your heart out
Purge
7/10/08 9:19:33AM
I give it to Vera, he was one of the most skilled HWs, what ruined his climb was his small size, he will dwarf Shogun and tear him apart.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/10/08 7:29:02PM
Shogun everytime
MoJoy
7/11/08 3:46:16AM
These are two of my favorite fighters. I wanna say Shogun but I am taking Vera. Why. It clear as day. Vera is a bigger version of him. Look at the way they fight. It would be fun to watch. But I dont like see fighters I root for fighting each other. Electric.
Pookie
7/11/08 4:33:14AM
shogun, if he could take alistair's muay thai skills, i dont think hell have a problem with a smaller weaker Vera.
cmill21
7/11/08 9:25:35AM

Posted by Pookie

shogun, if he could take alistair's muay thai skills, i dont think hell have a problem with a smaller weaker Vera.

Yeah Alistair was a big ass LHW.
MoJoy
7/11/08 10:11:43AM
I love Allistair Overeem. By far one of the most underated fighers of all time. But that is a horrible analogy. Vera is a much faster striker than Overeem, is much more versatile, and is a total fighter. He can win anywhere it goes. Overeem is stricly standup, and does not have Vera's fast moves. Vera is a bigger version of Shogun. How can you not see that.
Pookie
7/11/08 1:50:43PM

Posted by MoJoy

I love Allistair Overeem. By far one of the most underated fighers of all time. But that is a horrible analogy. Vera is a much faster striker than Overeem, is much more versatile, and is a total fighter. He can win anywhere it goes. Overeem is stricly standup, and does not have Vera's fast moves. Vera is a bigger version of Shogun. How can you not see that.

Vera has holes in his game that Shogun does not, and they dont really strike in the same manner. They have similar stand-up styles, but the way they use it differ.
mkiv9secsupra
7/11/08 5:15:50PM

Posted by MoJoy
Vera is a much faster striker than Overeem

Allistair is not slower than Vera by far in any aspect of striking. Allistair is one of the most dangerous strikers at lhw..........during the first round before he gassed anyways.

Back on topic. Shogun is better at everything Vera is good at. Shogun has such a pedigree in Muay Thai and BJJ that he would just overwhelm Vera pretty quick and easily end the fight with a TKO. Vera is highly overrated in my eyes
MMAcca
7/12/08 10:30:24AM
Shogun by whatever he feels like doing on the night.

Vera is sooooo overrated
JimiMak
7/12/08 11:25:43AM
If Shogun can get back to the point he used to be at I'd agree he takes it any day, but we'll really have to see how he looks when we finally get him back.