The Truth is back!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The Truth is back!
mk1630
8/15/07 5:08:26PM
source= www.ufc.com

Its official Brandon Vera is making his return to the UFC as soon as October. Any ideas on who he might be fighting?
JWils
8/15/07 5:25:42PM
I think there was a rumor that he might be fighting Arlovski....

cowcatcher
8/15/07 5:31:03PM
it would be nice to see both of them back in the octagon, lets hope that rumor is true.
Ultimate_fighter
8/15/07 5:56:36PM
Vera vs Big Nog would be awesome
cowcatcher
8/15/07 5:57:48PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Vera vs Big Nog

id like to see it, but CC mentioned that he wanted/would fight him next(probably december) so im not sure that will happen
postman
8/15/07 6:09:31PM
cro cop wants nog or vera?
cowcatcher
8/15/07 6:10:28PM
nog, theres a thread about it in the lounge, its titled something like new CC and lister interview
johny_rotten
8/15/07 7:11:49PM
I read his most likely opponet was Big Tim. That may be off now since Tim has had a huge staph infection.
Twenty20Dollars
8/15/07 7:25:08PM
Vera should fight Eddie Sanchez
Basshandsome
8/15/07 7:55:56PM
Regardless of who he is fighting I am happy to see him back. With all the hype surrounding him on this board I wanna see how he does. Personally I think he is a great fighter and will do very well.
postman
8/15/07 8:47:17PM

Posted by cowcatcher

nog, theres a thread about it in the lounge, its titled something like new CC and lister interview

coo i'll check it out. Thanks
richieb19
8/16/07 8:00:02AM
I never understood where all the hype surrounding Vera developed to be honest. However the UFC 77 card is looking pretty damn weak, and it's the first live event I'm going to, so he'd be better than half the matches up already, I guess...
cowcatcher
8/16/07 8:02:06AM

Posted by johny_rotten

I read his most likely opponet was Big Tim. That may be off now since Tim has had a huge staph infection.

well he also had a back surgery with no timetable for recovery in stone and that doesnt help either
LR
8/16/07 9:46:48AM
Vera vs. CroCop is a bad matchup for Vera. Anybody who loves to Muay Thai clench and use knees is going to fair badly against CroCop, ie. watch the Wanderlei Silva fight. I think Vera vs. Arlovski is a good matchup, or Vera vs. Werdum.
xchickox
8/16/07 11:46:19AM
proper happy about this, i cant wait see him fight again, hope its against slyvia
fullerene
8/16/07 11:51:17AM

Posted by richieb19

I never understood where all the hype surrounding Vera developed to be honest. However the UFC 77 card is looking pretty damn weak, and it's the first live event I'm going to, so he'd be better than half the matches up already, I guess...

It's pretty simple IMO: He's undefeated and he's finished every fight.

People in combat sports always want to believe there is a guy out there who can't be beat and reality only sets in for the casual fan when they see a loss or a decision. Vera and his fans haven't had that bit of reality (yet).
Cladrix
8/16/07 12:37:25PM
Brandon Vera is a good fighter but I think if e fights the top dogs of the HeavyWeight division ne might have problems.

I think Arlovski would be a good fight for him but I think Arlovski takes it.

So........ I think he should take Verdum on to warm him up for the big guys.

And.... Vera will beat Verdum
johny_rotten
8/16/07 4:28:18PM

Posted by johny_rotten

I am going to quote myself here to toot my own horn. I lover tooting my own horn. Here is the statement Dana said about the subject on todays conference call. From UFcjunkie.com:

White stated on the record that Brandon Vera has a new deal with the UFC. During a followup question, he was asked about a possible first opponent, and he said it would “probably” be Tim Sylvia. Nothing is official though, and Sylvia has to deal with staph infection in addition to his recovery from back surgery. Stay tuned.
scoozna
8/16/07 5:01:46PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by johny_rotten

... During a followup question, he was asked about a possible first opponent, and he said it would “probably” be Tim Sylvia. Nothing is official though, and Sylvia has to deal with staph infection in addition to his recovery from back surgery. Stay tuned.

Wow...looses to Couture, has back surgery, gets a staph infection, then gets to fight Vera. He was on top of the world not long ago, so to speak, and now look at him. It's like watching Road Runner cartoons, where Tim is they coyote.
matthughes23
8/17/07 10:16:05AM
Sylvia will probably get his ass kicked if that fight happened. Great to see Vera back