Is it True? Cro Cop fighting at UFC 70? Niiiicceee

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Is it True? Cro Cop fighting at UFC 70? Niiiicceee
www-WeLoan-us
2/5/07 8:38:03PM
I definitly want to see him fight again and fire those leg kicks...who do you think he should fight??
JoeMimic
2/5/07 8:41:32PM
Yeah according to MMAWeekly he is; I'd like to see them sign up Paul Buentello for a fight. He's not going to try and take Cro Cop down he's going to stand there and bang and probably eat a LHK.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/5/07 8:59:46PM
do you have a link?
Spud
2/5/07 9:08:49PM
try this link :

http://ufcmania.com/2007/02/04/ufc-70-mirko-cro-cop-vs-cheick-kongo/

haven't read it myself as of yet.

Spud.
BrAeDeN91
2/5/07 10:49:07PM
i would love to see it be arlovski but buentello is a good match i would like to see that.
JunCTion
2/5/07 11:16:33PM
arlovski, buenetello, cro-cop, herring, will all want a piece of randy when he's through with silva. since randy's fighting maybe twice in this year and next, that gives dana time to set up...
cro-cop / arlovski...
cro-cop / buenetello...
cro-cop / silvia...
cro-cop / herring...
buenetello / silvia...
buenetello / herring...
buenetello / arlovski 2...
arlovski / herring...
arlovski / silvia 4...(why not, if their at the top of the heap)
basically a round robin witch would also help rank them
whoever's coming off the best wins when it's time for randy to fight gets the shot
obviously i'm hoping herring's loss was a fluke and i'm sure some other heavyweight could be signed.
it's not totally crazy, is it.
DoTheMMAth
2/5/07 11:18:34PM

Posted by JunCTion

arlovski, buenetello, cro-cop, herring, will all want a piece of randy when he's through with silva. since randy's fighting maybe twice in this year and next, that gives dana time to set up...
cro-cop / arlovski...
cro-cop / buenetello...
cro-cop / silvia...
cro-cop / herring...
buenetello / silvia...
buenetello / herring...
buenetello / arlovski 2...
arlovski / herring...
arlovski / silvia 4...(why not, if their at the top of the heap)
basically a round robin witch would also help rank them
whoever's coming off the best wins when it's time for randy to fight gets the shot
obviously i'm hoping herring's loss was a fluke and i'm sure some other heavyweight could be signed.
it's not totally crazy, is it.

Damn... so many matches out of those that I'd like to see... I'm a Pride nuthugger, but UFC has some potential to really put some appealing HW bouts togheter (who woulda ever thought?).
JunCTion
2/5/07 11:26:25PM
i like pride better too, but the ufc has got to do something here because they suck in the world rankings for heavyweights. hey, maybe chuck could put on a few pounds and take care of some of these guys. i would kill to see iceman / cro-cop.
SteedTheDeed
2/5/07 11:54:46PM
its not like he needs to heal up
Manfred
2/6/07 2:23:05AM
From Dana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTWnZxuWA-4&eurl=

We'll have to see, but I think they want to save AA/CC and Vera/CC until after he's Champ

Kongo is the only other HW on that card right now:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=3276&zoneid=14
hippysmacker
2/6/07 3:33:29AM

Posted by Manfred

From Dana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTWnZxuWA-4&eurl=

We'll have to see, but I think they want to save AA/CC and Vera/CC until after he's Champ

Kongo is the only other HW on that card right now:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=3276&zoneid=14

I heard on the radio that Cro-Cop did the same stuff to Pride( not showing up for press conferences and such), no biggie as long as he doesn't miss the fight's. As for Vera I doubt he'll be back in the UFC since he asked for to much money. On the same radio show(beatdown) I heard he asked for to much money and they will probably make the last fight of his contract a dark match unless he reconsiders his demands. I would like to see them punish him by making his last fight vs Cro-cop. Kongp vs Cro-cop makes the most sense to me also.
Manfred
2/6/07 3:59:50AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I heard on the radio that Cro-Cop did the same stuff to Pride( not showing up for press conferences and such), no biggie as long as he doesn't miss the fight's.

He's notorious with the press, but he usually did the post presser. CC had excuses this time:

Pre-fight presser: Was just landing at the time. Couldn't leave a day earlier due to parlimentary commitments.

Post: Went to his room because he had lots of injuries and was drained. Says he wasn't aware of it and they could've called his people. Also said if he'd been told, he would have come.

I guess we'll just see at UFC 70. He's just not big on press and is kind of a private guy, so we'll just see.

I am surprised that Dana didn't see this coming and put something in his contract about it!
hippysmacker
2/6/07 4:02:49AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by hippysmacker

I heard on the radio that Cro-Cop did the same stuff to Pride( not showing up for press conferences and such), no biggie as long as he doesn't miss the fight's.

He's notorious with the press, but he usually did the post presser. CC had excuses this time:

Pre-fight presser: Was just landing at the time. Couldn't leave a day earlier due to parlimentary commitments.

Post: Went to his room because he had lots of injuries and was drained. Says he wasn't aware of it and they could've called his people. Also said if he'd been told, he would have come.

I guess we'll just see at UFC 70. He's just not big on press and is kind of a private guy, so we'll just see.

I am surprised that Dana didn't see this coming and put something in his contract about it!

I don't doubt you, but If you have a source of any good interviews ( not just on cro-cop)could you post them. If you can't remember where , just PM next time you see a good source please. I like to find as many MMA sources as I can for info. Thanks
Manfred
2/6/07 4:11:56AM
Give me a sec. I'll see if I can dig them up. A croatian guy translated it on Sherdog, with a link

Besides what I PM'd you, it's also on Mirko's site (duh, I should've thought of that)

More concise and slighly different translation:
http://www.mirko-crocop.com/?id=4&solo=68