The Troll Badge

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » The Troll Badge
POLL: is this a good idea
yes 49% (19)
no 38% (15)
i dont know 13% (5)
EON
7/3/08 4:36:48AM
Seriously, that would be worse than being banned, a permenant troll badge or instead of it saying "MMAsensei" or whatever underneath your screen-name it just says "Troll" which is put there by mods or voted upon by the playgrounders, lets say 20-30 votes would equal a troll badge or title, then you can try to redeem yourself and if you cant or you get worse than you go to the wall of shame that would be in the padded room full of the trolls of the present and past who were banned
Pookie
7/3/08 4:37:54AM
that means we would have to endure more trolling posts unfortunately.
voodoo-jitsu
7/3/08 4:41:06AM
it would be funny it looks like goatse has that badge covered
EON
7/3/08 4:45:09AM

Posted by Pookie

that means we would have to endure more trolling posts unfortunately.

or maybe a little punishment will do them good, lol
telnights
7/3/08 5:08:19AM
I think your just adding to the problem. A toll is looking for attention and giving them a badge is just giving them what they want.
scoozna
7/3/08 8:55:42AM
I like how you think, but ultimately, I doubt it would deter very many.

A warning from the mods, then temporary suspension of posting abilities, then the boot...that's what I recommend.
emfleek
7/3/08 9:04:33AM

Posted by scoozna

I like how you think, but ultimately, I doubt it would deter very many.

A warning from the mods, then temporary suspension of posting abilities, then the boot...that's what I recommend.

Agreed.
CornishMMA
7/3/08 11:28:37AM
Feed the troll and they will troll ..................... but it would be funny to see the less severe trolls that dont deserve bannings being lumbered with a troll badge
Figsak
7/3/08 12:09:06PM
I'd say that'd be a good idea if we can find a troll we like, a troll who's proud of the fact he/she is the sites official troll. A sponsored troll whos job it is to troll.

But the idea of publicly labeling a poster as a troll once they've gone ALMOST far enough to being banned on enough occasions to scare them into shaping up isn't a bad idea.
Rush
7/3/08 12:43:47PM

Posted by thevoodooninja

Well, I gave him a week off and he is on very thin ice afterwards.

I like the idea of a couple more badges, but a troll badge is not one that I would recommend.
EON
7/3/08 1:48:57PM
looks like its a dead tie for and against this, and its not exactly a badge, i like the idea usuing the title instead because of the new layout (you cant see the badges anymore) i mean if you read the entire post it says theres also a wall of shame of playground past members and active trolls only get to post in the padded and locker room

seriously, there never going to stop trolling might as well humiliate them publicly
Leland
7/3/08 2:44:02PM
I think a troll badge would be good for a "good" troll. One that is a troll, but doesn't care what anyone thinks. One that can post intelligently, but at the same time, troll it up lol. Annoying trolls dont need a badge, it will just feed the fire.
billycarnage
7/3/08 4:15:02PM

Posted by thevoodooninja

We know who the Trolls are. i think hitting'em with one of these is sufficient. I think the mods should definately take action as posted above.
Aaronno9
7/3/08 4:37:51PM
Wow, all this time ive had no idea what that thing with green hair was. Im guessing its supposed to be a troll?
emfleek
7/3/08 4:39:33PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Wow, all this time ive had no idea what that thing with green hair was. Im guessing its supposed to be a troll?

Same here.

I just referred to it as, "Smiley that I never use."
DCRage
7/3/08 4:42:59PM
And I always thought it was supposed to be a green-colored paper bag.
postman
7/3/08 5:10:18PM

Posted by billycarnage

Posted by thevoodooninja

We know who the Trolls are. i think hitting'em with one of these is sufficient. I think the mods should definately take action as posted above.

Thats what we all need to do! Do not type another thing once someone starts to troll just hit them with a . I like it.
bobbydoomocculta
7/3/08 7:14:03PM

Posted by billycarnage

Posted by thevoodooninja

I've been hit with a few of them little green-haired bastards in my time...
jae_1833
7/3/08 9:03:08PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Aaronno9

Same here.

I just referred to it as, "Smiley that I never use."

HAHAAHAHAAHAHA!!!!! You two f-ing rocks!!!!! Youv'e never seen anyone with the little plastic trolls with the long hair.....kind of like My Little Ponies (F U all I have a 5 year old girl!)
Figsak
7/3/08 10:02:39PM
Force this avatar on them
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1