The UFC tries to retire Randy

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The UFC tries to retire Randy
Sam_Rothstein
10/12/07 1:05:30AM
Oh, UFC. You’re so sneaky with your Orwellian double-speak. The Bush administration should get you guys on the phone and ask you about damage control, because while you’re not good enough to fool the hardcores, your responses are more than adequate for those drinking the kool-aid. The news that Randy Couture has told the UFC to **** off is still rockin’ the internets like a tsunami off the coast of Indonesia

click here for full article from Fight Linker
MeanGreene
10/12/07 1:33:51AM
I hope Cpt America runs to Russia and woops that overated monkeys a**
TMIL316
10/12/07 1:42:22AM
this pisses me off dana is a ****** fag he should have made the deal in the first place and fador signing with another company for a little extra cash and not fighting the best fighter is just bs randy should **** the ufc over and sign with M 1 and **** fador up he deserves to have a "legit" loss

**** dana
Pitbull09
10/12/07 1:58:56AM

Posted by MeanGreene

ocho-cinco
10/12/07 2:34:31AM
This is an interesting take.
Sam_Rothstein
10/12/07 2:41:09AM
I think Mark Cuban should buy Fedors Contract and Then Buy Randys and lets get Couture Vs Fedor going before both fighters are 50

Im tired of waiting for dana to sign the right people
CornishMMA
10/12/07 6:09:03AM
The writing has been on the wall for a LONG time now with the fighter pay issues and Dana and Fertitas being money greedy ****s, if they turn over about $40 million in PPV buys for each big event then why in the name of sweet c*** juice can they not afford to pay a guy like Randy more than $250,000? He knew he was getting less than Chuck/Tito/Hughes/Rampage etc and it very rightly pisssed him off!
waylon_o
10/12/07 8:15:10AM

Posted by MeanGreene

It's posts like these where people call Fedor overated that makes you lose credibility in these forums. That is a stupid statement.
jdp1975
10/12/07 8:30:47AM
randy is doing the right thing. he will be like the rock and make more money in acting than he would in the ufc. how are you gonna give shogun 150,000 when he got beat by griffin that was B.S. and give chuck(althouch he is a great fighter) 500,000 and he got beat by jardine. you can see that dana has his favs, and does not pay the fighters what their worth.
Everett
10/12/07 8:54:34AM
Who, or what, is a "Fador"?
BigTomZ
10/12/07 9:16:08AM
Randy is still under contract with the UFC. He won't be able to fight elsewhere until he fulfills the last 2 fights he was contracted for in the UFC.
MeanGreene
10/12/07 11:29:04AM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by MeanGreene

It's posts like these where people call Fedor overated that makes you lose credibility in these forums. That is a stupid statement.

Whos he fought in the last year!??? Whats he hiding from? If he really wanted to fight the best hed go do it! I just think that Randys strategy planning would overwhelm Fedor. Fedor is one of the best fighters ive ever seen but there comes a point when you have to stop fighting mediocre fighters (granted over the years Fedor has faught big names, but not lately) and step up to prove yourself. A fight with Randy would have settled it once and for all and would have essentialy labled Fedor as the best ever. I think he is the best overall HW ever but right now Randy is at the top of his game and would beat him!
tuvok500
10/12/07 2:20:19PM

Posted by MeanGreene

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by MeanGreene

Whos he fought in the last year!??? Whats he hiding from? If he really wanted to fight the best hed go do it! I just think that Randys strategy planning would overwhelm Fedor. Fedor is one of the best fighters ive ever seen but there comes a point when you have to stop fighting mediocre fighters (granted over the years Fedor has faught big names, but not lately) and step up to prove yourself. A fight with Randy would have settled it once and for all and would have essentialy labled Fedor as the best ever. I think he is the best overall HW ever but right now Randy is at the top of his game and would beat him!

fedor has choked and now it is clear that randy is the #1 . and he can retired as #1 !!
when your main opponent simply refuse to fight you, the conclusion is easy, you are the best.
we saw that many times in boxing, many fighters in the history were tring to avoid a fight that they knew they were going to lose, they were saying that the money was not enough, or the ring was too small, etc,, so nothing special here.

bullettdodger
10/12/07 3:03:01PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by MeanGreene

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by MeanGreene

fedor has choked and now it is clear that randy is the #1 . and he can retired as #1 !!
when your main opponent simply refuse to fight you, the conclusion is easy, you are the best.
we saw that many times in boxing, many fighters in the history were tring to avoid a fight that they knew they were going to lose, they were saying that the money was not enough, or the ring was too small, etc,, so nothing special here.

I agree completely, while Fedor has mad skills, he could have made any number of deals with the UFC even for one fight against Randy, sounds to me like someone is either greedy or scared.. either way it knocks Fedor out of my favorites.....p.s. Dana can suck it!
TNunley
10/12/07 3:17:03PM

Posted by tuvok500

I agree with 90% of the posts you make Tuvok... You're a true keyboard warrior!
mrsmiley
10/12/07 3:24:04PM

Posted by BigTomZ

Randy is still under contract with the UFC. He won't be able to fight elsewhere until he fulfills the last 2 fights he was contracted for in the UFC.

It depends on whether or not their is a claus in his contract.If he was smart,he put a claus in his contract,simular to what Frank Shamrock did.Seeing as how Couture was tired of the crap for a while,he might have just done that.

I don't know the details of his contract though,so we just have to wait and see.Here's hoping we see Randy take on Fedor.
jae_1833
10/12/07 10:47:19PM
Just imagine this for a second....it's all a ploy! Randy retire's and then Fedor signs with an instant fight for the title .... his first title defense ... The Natural!!! Now that would rake in some dough!!!!!