Really tried to like the Diaz brothers but can't

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Really tried to like the Diaz brothers but can't
teddythetuna
6/24/08 6:29:11PM
I have really tried and even though i respect both fighters for what they can do in the ring i absolutely cannot stand their attitudes. Giving other athletes the finger and just verbal diarrhea spewing out constantly has made me realize how much i dont like these guys. They never smile and seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders like the world owes them something. I can see hyping a fight but to go off like they do bad mouthing everyone just doesnt make them likable guys. At least not for me. Does anyone else get as annoyed as do and wish someone would just break a jaw just to shut them up for a while. As i said i think they are great fighters but i hate it when they talk.
backalley101
6/24/08 6:59:22PM
Dont talk bad about the Diaz brothers the nuthuggers will get mad
DCRage
6/24/08 7:01:31PM
I don't hate them just because they're from Stockton, which is like a hometown to me. And Nick also supposedly lives across the street from my uncle and his wife...so there's some extra incentive to be nice.
holt8081
6/24/08 9:38:18PM
Ya there both Punks but there good to so make shure they dont here you call them punks.
Pookie
6/24/08 11:12:19PM

Posted by teddythetuna

I have really tried and even though i respect both fighters for what they can do in the ring i absolutely cannot stand their attitudes. Giving other athletes the finger and just verbal diarrhea spewing out constantly has made me realize how much i dont like these guys. They never smile and seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders like the world owes them something. I can see hyping a fight but to go off like they do bad mouthing everyone just doesnt make them likable guys. At least not for me. Does anyone else get as annoyed as do and wish someone would just break a jaw just to shut them up for a while. As i said i think they are great fighters but i hate it when they talk.

i interpret there actions much different then you do. I dont see it as they think the world owes them something. I see it as they know the world doesnt owe them shit and they have to fight for every scrap, Which i can relate to and i respect... and some people just never smile lol. Some people are just really intense and when they focus themselves in a manner like fighting that personality trait gets amplified IMO. Im not saying thats for everyone, not at all, but rather that there are just some people out there who are like that.

giving athletes the finger is done all the time... and as far as noons and his father go... they had it coming IMO, especially the father.

And of course the verbal diarrhea they spit, is just kind of saying that there not the sharpest tool in the shed(or i could be wrong if thats not what you mean) And i root for plenty of stupid fighters. I dont see that as a reason to not like someone at all.
coldchillin
6/25/08 12:03:42AM
I haven't really tried to like your posts but I still don't.
Pookie
6/25/08 12:06:47AM

Posted by coldchillin

I haven't really tried to like your posts but I still don't.

i propped you but my message got messed up at the end... oops
89vision
6/25/08 2:04:00AM

Posted by backalley101

what a surprise, you bashing them again what is that, number 200 for you?
backalley101
6/25/08 3:27:44AM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by backalley101

hey get off my back and stop stalking me
89vision
6/25/08 3:35:33AM

Posted by backalley101

Posted by 89vision

Posted by backalley101

hey get off my back and stop stalking me

your not worth stalking, dont flatter yourself
NatedawgThaM
6/25/08 4:33:59AM
I really like the Diaz brothers. It just seems to me your just putting more effort into recognizing their negatives a lot more then their positives.

I like the Diaz Brothers a lot. They show a perfect combination of Heart, will, skill, passion, and technique. They never give up, have a never back down I'll take on all you motherfuckers type of attitude which I like. Neither take a whoopen either. Nick always loses in controversial fashion and Nate was beating Hermes Franca until it hit the ground where he was dealing with a black belt in BJJ. They both are extremely talented so you have to give them respect in the fighting aspect, if not then your not a real fan since you can't respect fighters for their ability.

You might not like their attitude, but you got to respect their passion for the sport and their ability when they step inside that ring/cage.
stock
6/25/08 9:15:39AM
Of all the crap they have done, Nick Diaz not making weight is the thing that pisses me off the most.

All the other outside the ring drama, trash talk, whatever is just meh. I don't see myself getting caught up in all that WWE/MTV type drama. I just don't care.
I just want to see good fights from tallented athletes..... and they fill that gap.
Just make fknweight and be a professional.
cowcatcher
6/25/08 11:05:22AM
i havent tried to like them, and i dont think i ever will. both are decent fighters, but neither is as good as some people would have you believe. nick was a top contender a couple of years ago, but losses(albeit most were to good fighters), failed drug tests, subpar performances(see mike aina), and the kicker of not even coming close to making weight have hurt his stock. he beat gomi, failed drug test or not he won that fight, but he hasnt done as much fighting as he has talking since then and the thug attitude just gets to me. if the guy talks unprofessionally, but then backs it up and acts like a pro by making weight i could get past the chatter but he doesnt seem nearly as concerned with that as he probably should. nate on the other hand hasnt been nearly as outlandish(maybe because he doesnt have nicks resume), and has been very very impressive so far since TUF. this kid looks like the real deal, and i hope he realizes that his actions speak louder than words because he has a bright future if he concentrates on whats important rather than side show antics.