Tricep exercises.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Tricep exercises.
casey64
7/12/07 9:51:29PM
does anyone know how to exercise your triceps.
JGeyer23
7/12/07 10:42:23PM
There are tons of exercises you can do.. my personal favorites are dips, diamond push ups, and skull crushers. There are many more than that though.. go to bodybuilding.com and look up their list of exercises. It will tell you what muscles the exercise works and also how to perform each exercise
bayonetxwork
7/12/07 10:53:04PM
skull crushers are good, my favorite is the overhead bicep extension. either lay down on a flat bench, and put the weight behind your head, or use a military bench to put it behind your head. if your looking for isolation, use the tricep extension on the circuit trainer thats almost at every gym.
loonytnt
7/13/07 1:01:04AM
crab walks do it for me and do a lot of bjj a lot of pushing and pulling
fullerene
7/13/07 9:04:20PM
With or without weights?

WIth, yhou can do kickbacks, pushdowns with a rope, skull crushers and there are some machines where you sit down and push down on handles to either side. Machines will usually be labelled as "tricep machines". The rope pulldown would affix to a pulley and you should be grabbing the rope at about chin height.

Without machines, you can do basic pushups, diamond pushups (hands closer together), one-arm pushups (if you can do them) and dips where you prop yourself up on either side (like maybe a desk on one side and a dresser on another) then lower your body down between your arms before straightening. You can also take something heavy--like a jug filled with water--and put it behind your head and then straighten your arm towards the sky.
TOMMYAYO05
7/16/07 8:56:57PM
everyone has there own opinion but when working out your chest on bench,pushups and whatnot that also is triceps,just look it up really.
hitmanhall
7/16/07 9:55:11PM
skull crusher,dips, overhead dumbell extensions
JGeyer23
7/17/07 12:30:59AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

everyone has there own opinion but when working out your chest on bench,pushups and whatnot that also is triceps,just look it up really.

Yeah, of course those exercises hit your triceps too, but they don't isolate the triceps. I think he was looking just for tricep exercises.. those are more for chest, but yes they do hit your tris too. And I believe that push ups (and all the variations) should be a staple in anyone's routine.. diamond push ups will hit the tris a little more than regular push ups..
casey64
7/18/07 2:13:22PM
thanks for the info.