trevail's Camp Management/Draft game

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » trevail's Camp Management/Draft game
« Previous Page | Next Page »
jakewalters
4/21/13 4:15:09PM
Jay's bein whiny what you did with Hall made sense, and it probably won't happen again as rosters expand.

I don't want to restart, I've really been enjoying the game
Rabi
4/21/13 4:28:34PM
Im with Jake, you cant please everyone all of the time, stick to your guns, this game is playing out exactly jow you said in the rules.
jjeans
4/21/13 4:32:52PM
I'm just a dick sometimes when i'm not winning. Probably best to ignore me
trevail
4/21/13 5:51:06PM
CARD 2 RESULTS:

Main Event: Tom Watson (Rabi +60k) did enough standing to overcome Jake Shields' (jjeans +10k) ground game and win by Split Decision.
Co-Main: Brandon Vera (Jake +80k) used his clinch game and takedowns to stifle Uriah Hall (Dan +13k) and take the Unanimous Decision nod from the judges.
PPV A: Jussier Da Silva (Dan +60k) used his experience to overcome the surging prospect Sergio Pettis (Rabi +30k) and win by Unanimous Decision.
PPV B: Jamie Varner (Rabi +40k) came out strong in the second and snagged Danny Castillo's (Dan +8k) neck for a second round submission win via guillotine.
PPV Opener: Matt Mitrione(PF +24k) wasted no time chin-checking Ben Rothwell (Jake +12k) with a powerful walk off KO in the first round.
Prelim Feature: Erik Koch (Dan +13k) went to war with Dustin Poirier (PF -1k) and did just enough to get a Split Decision.
TV Prelim A: Paul Daley (Jake +18k) put Brian Ebersole (Rabi +5k) to sleep with a left hook in Round 1.
TV Prelim B: TJ Dillashaw (PF +9k) continued his win streak by mixing his striking and takedowns to easily take all 3 rounds away from Mitch Gagnon (jjeans +6k) and earn a lopsided Unanimous Decision
TV Prelim C: Francisco Rivera (Dan +16k) was too much for Johnny Eduardo (PF +9k) and took home a Unanimous Decision win.
FB Prelim: Jeff Monson (PF +9k) struggled at times but all 3 judges felt he did enough to beat Rich Hale (Rabi +4k) by a score of 29-28 to open the night.

KOTN Winner: Matt Mitrione (PF) - $25,000 and Edson Barbosa
SOTN Winner: Jamie Varner (Rabi) - $25,000 and Stephan Bonnar
FOTN Winner: Tom Watson (Rabi) - $25,000 and Sam Stout
v Jake Shields (jjeans) - $25,000 and Thiago Silva

*I will post the bonus prizes once I have everyone's choices

Earnings:
Danclarke: 13 + 60 + 8 + 13 + 16 = 110k (373k + 110k = 483k)
Rabi: 60 + 30 + 40 + 5 + 4 = 139k (237k + 139k + 25k BONUS + 25k BONUS = 426k)
jjeans: 10 + 6 = 16k (332k + 16k + 25k BONUS= 373k)
JakeWalters: 80 + 12 + 18 = 110k (188k + 110k = 298k)
PoorFranklin: 24 + -1 + 9 + 9 + 9 = 50k (217k + 50k + 25k BONUS = 292k)
trevail
4/21/13 7:05:44PM
Lightweight Grand Prix!

Here is how this is going to work.................
It is an 8-man single elimination tournament. Everyone automatically gets one spot for free and then MUST bid for a second spot. The two lowest bids wont make it into the tournament but do get to fight in an "Alternate Bout". Players without 2 LWs can enter a FW (Everyone has 2 LWs).

Slots 1-5 are the free slots and are based on the order you PM me. Slots 6-8 and alternates are the bid on spots. There are a couple of different strategies you could employ here since you decide which fighter is for your free slot and which is for the bid on slot. Take note that there is no show money in the tournament so bid accordingly.

I will reconfigure to ensure that your two fighters do not fight each other and in the case that one player has both fighters reach the finale then the winner of the alternate bout will replace one of the fighters (players choice)

Opening Round:
Fight A: Slot 1 v Slot 2 ($50k to Winner)
Fight B: Slot 3 v Slot 4 ($50k to Winner)
Fight C: Slot 5 v Slot 6 ($50k to Winner)
Fight D: Slot 7 v Slot 8 ($50k to Winner)
Alternate Bout ($30k to Winner)

Semi-Final Round:
Fight E: Winner of Fight A v Winner of Fight B ($100k to Winner)
Fight F: Winner of Fight C v Winner of Fight D ($100k to Winner)

Final Round:
Winner of Fight E v Winner of Fight F ($150k to Winner + Bonus Option)

At the end of the tournament you will also bid on the KOTN, SOTN and FOTN bonus winners.

Fighters that are currently on suspension are eligible to enter the tournament without restriction. Medical suspensions after the tournament will consist of a 1 card suspension for each bout that your fighter takes part in. That means the finalists will face a 3 card suspension.
trevail
4/21/13 7:23:27PM
DanClarke: 6-4 record with 2 bonus winners
JakeWalters: 4-3 record with 1 bonus winner
jjeans: 3-4 record with 2 bonus winners
PoorFranklin: 4-3 record with 1 bonus winner
Rabi: 3-6 record with 2 bonus winners

trevail
4/22/13 7:40:08AM
LW Tournament:

Quarter-Final A: (Rabi) Jamie Varner v (Dan) Ross Pearson
Quarter-Final B: (jjeans) Myles Jury v (Jake) Takanori Gomi
Quarter-Final C: (PF) Edson Barbosa v (Rabi) Sam Stout (-100k)
Quarter-Final D: (jjeans) Gleison Tibau (-36k) v (Jake) Melvin Guillard (-17k)
Alternate Match: (Dan) Bobby Green (-13k) v (PF) Matt Wiman (-6k)
trevail
4/22/13 9:52:35AM
Please PM me your picks. I want to avoid ppl being influenced one way or the other by each others picks.
jjeans
4/22/13 10:02:13AM
My bad
Rabi
4/22/13 11:45:55AM
I deleted the post
trevail
4/22/13 12:01:21PM
Thanks Ray
trevail
4/22/13 4:35:43PM
LW Tournament Opening Round RESULTS:

Quarter-Final A: (Dan) Ross Pearson defeats (Rabi) Jamie Varner by Unanimous Decision 29-28
Quarter-Final B: (jjeans) Myles Jury defeats (Jake) Takanori Gomi by Unanimous Decision 29-28
Quarter-Final C: (PF) Edson Barbosa defeats (Rabi) Sam Stout by TKO (headkick and punches) in RD 2
Quarter-Final D: (Jake) Melvin Guillard defeats (jjeans) Gleison Tibau by KO (punch) in RD 1
Alternate Match: (PF) Matt Wiman defeats (Dan) Bobby Green by Unanimous Decision 30-27

LW Tournament Round 2 Matchups:

Semi-Final A: (Dan) Ross Pearson v (jjeans) Myles Jury
Semi Final B: (PF) Edson Barbosa v (Jake) Melvin Guillard
trevail
4/23/13 7:33:19AM
LW Tournament Semi-Final RESULTS:
Semi-Final A: (Dan) Ross Pearson defeats (jjeans) Myles Jury by Unanimous Decision 29-28
Semi Final B: (Jake) Melvin Guillard defeats (PF) Edson Barbosa by TKO (punches) in Round 1

LW FINAL MATCHUP:
(Dan) Ross Pearson v (Jake) Melvin Guillard

KOTN Candidates:
- Quarter-Final C: (PF) Edson Barbosa defeats (Rabi) Sam Stout by TKO (headkick and punches) in RD 2
- Quarter-Final D: (Jake) Melvin Guillard defeats (jjeans) Gleison Tibau by KO (punch) in RD 1
- Semi Final B: (Jake) Melvin Guillard defeats (PF) Edson Barbosa by TKO (punches) in Round 1

FOTN Candidates:
- Quarter-Final A: (Dan) Ross Pearson defeats (Rabi) Jamie Varner by Unanimous Decision 29-28
- Quarter-Final B: (jjeans) Myles Jury defeats (Jake) Takanori Gomi by Unanimous Decision 29-28
- Quarter-Final C: (PF) Edson Barbosa defeats (Rabi) Sam Stout by TKO (headkick and punches) in RD 2
- Quarter-Final D: (Jake) Melvin Guillard defeats (jjeans) Gleison Tibau by KO (punch) in RD 1
- Alternate Match: (PF) Matt Wiman defeats (Dan) Bobby Green by Unanimous Decision 30-27
- Semi-Final A: (Dan) Ross Pearson defeats (jjeans) Myles Jury by Unanimous Decision 29-28
- Semi Final B: (Jake) Melvin Guillard defeats (PF) Edson Barbosa by TKO (punches) in Round 1
Rabi
4/23/13 7:52:03AM
Shouldnt we wait for the result of the final before we vote on the bonuses?
trevail
4/23/13 8:06:07AM
Winning the final comes with a large monetary prize as well as an "ability bonus" so I would like the OTN bonuses to go to other fights to spread the wealth a little.

I mentioned in a previous PM that the finals would be exempt from voting, but I should have repeated it in the last PM as well.
Rabi
4/23/13 9:50:42AM
Nps, I missed that, sorry mate
trevail
4/23/13 4:32:21PM
LW FINAL:
(Jake) Melvin Guillard stops (Dan) Ross Pearson by Round 1 KO with a left uppercut, right straight combo.

KOTN: Quarter-Final D: (Jake) Melvin Guillard defeats (jjeans) Gleison Tibau by KO (punch) in RD 1
FOTN: (Dan) Ross Pearson defeats (Rabi) Jamie Varner by Unanimous Decision 29-28

PAYDAYS:

DanClarke: (+$137k)
- Ross Pearson +$150k
- Bobby Green -$13k

JakeWalters: (+350k)
- Takanori Gomi $0k
- Melvin Guillard +$300k and $50k for KOTN

jjeans: (+$14k)
- Myles Jury +$50k
- Gleison Tibau -$36k

PoorFranklin (+$74k)
- Edson Barboza +$50k
- Matt Wiman +24k

Rabi (-$100k)
- Jamie Varner $0k
- Sam Stout -$100k
trevail
4/23/13 4:42:49PM
Once everyone picks their OTN bonuses I will update the payrolls.

If you haven't noticed the first post is continually updated with your rosters, showing fighters records and medical suspensions

REST 1 means the fighter cannot fight on the upcoming card, REST 2 means the fighter has to wait for two more events before being able to fight again, and so on....

Because the bonuses from the tournament do not impact rosters or the next event I will post the card now and we can begin the bidding for slots.
trevail
4/23/13 4:43:13PM
Round 1: Card 3

Main Event: LHW ($60k/$60k)
Co-Main: HW ($48k/$48k)
PPV Slot A: MW ($36k/$36k)
PPV Slot B: WW ($36k/$36k)
PPV Opener: BW ($30k/$30k)
Prelim Feature: MW ($18k/$18k)
TV Prelim A: WW ($12k/$12k)
TV Prelim B: FLY ($12k/$12k)
TV Prelim C: BW ($12k/$12k)
FB Prelim: FW ($6k/$6k)
trevail
4/23/13 9:17:11PM
The tournament featured different OTN bonuses than the normal cards as well as a bonus for winning the tournament.

OTN Bonus winners were given the ability to pick any two of the following bonuses:
-$25,000
-$25,000
-"Win TIE" You automatically win the next TIE you are involved in whether it is for a slot on a card or for a fighter in a draft.
-"Extra 5%" You have an additional 5% to spend in 1st round of the next draft ($210k instead of $200k)
-"Extra Bid" You get to make an additional bid in the 1st round of the next draft (11 instead of 10)
-"Extra Slot" You get to make an extra slot bid on any card you choose

Rabi chose "Extra 5%" and "Extra Bid" for his FOTN award
DanClarke chose to take $50,000 for his FOTN award
JakeWalters chose "Extra Slot" and "Extra 5%" for his KOTN award

Jake also got to pick one of the following three options for winning the tournament:

-"Call Out" Your tournament winning fighter has a target on his back. Once healed (Card 6) he can try to silence his critics. He will automatically get the PPV Opener slot and will face the highest bidder (opponent must be from the first round of the draft and cannot have fought your fighter before). The fight is all or nothing, meaning the winner gets his show money, his opponents show money and the win money leaving the loser with nothing but a loss on his record.

-"Sponsor" Your tournament winning fighter has attracted the attention of various sponsors. The most generous of which will offer him an additional 10% on all future paydays. This includes both show and win money but not bonuses.

-"WC Jumpers" Your tournament winning fighter has attracted one of the sports' top nutritionists to your team. As a result any TWO fighters on your team will now be able to fight in two weight classes. You can choose any fighter to move up in weight, however fighters may only move down in weight if they have fought at that weight in the past or have recently talked about dropping down (such as Rashad Evans/Dan Cormier). You don't have to choose both fighters immediately but once you nominate them you cannot change your mind. The fighters will be versatile members of your team that are able to take fights at two different weights.

He chose "WC Jumpers" and immediately made BJ Penn able to compete at both WW and LW and has opted to save his second WC change for a future addition to his roster.

These will continue to be the OTN and overall bonuses for future tournaments until further notice.
trevail
4/23/13 9:38:21PM
Bankrolls:

JakeWalters: 298k +350k = 648k
Danclarke: 483k +137k = 620k
jjeans: 373k + 14k = 387k
PoorFranklin: 267k + 74k = 366k
Rabi: 376k - 100k = 276k
Poor_Franklin
4/24/13 3:42:25AM
concerning rematches:

im down for rematches personally. i dont always vote the same way for every fight i pick, so i personally dont find it to be an issue.
jakewalters
4/24/13 3:49:48AM
i think the manager of the losing fighter should have the option to replace him with someone else on his roster
Poor_Franklin
4/24/13 3:52:11AM

Posted by jakewalters

i think the manager of the losing fighter should have the option to replace him with someone else on his roster

but if he doesnt have another guy at that class available, what would his 2nd option B?
Rabi
4/24/13 3:52:13AM
I went option 2
jakewalters
4/24/13 4:19:48AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by jakewalters

but if he doesnt have another guy at that class available, what would his 2nd option B?

move a guy up/down? after the next draft i doubt we have that prob. i just dont see punishing a guy who won a bid spot like options 1 and 2 do
trevail
4/24/13 10:56:47AM
Based on the vote we will handle it like this:

The fighter that previously lost the match will be replaced by another member of his team. I will PM you if there is more than one option.

But if the camp has no other fighters in that weight class then the spot will be awarded to whoever was the next highest bidder. If no one else bid on the spot then the rematch happens.

Hope that all makes sense.
trevail
4/24/13 7:06:55PM
just waiting on a tie-breaker vote from jjeans and then I will do an update
trevail
4/24/13 7:28:08PM
DELETED
trevail
4/25/13 2:18:54PM
Ok so with Rabi leaving the playground we hit a bit of a crossroads in the game.....

I don't think that 4 players will make for a great game so we could look for someone willing to take his spot or we could treat everything that has happened so far as a learning experience and start over perhaps with a few more players. This would allow for any proposed changes or ideas to be taken into account.

What do you guys think?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12