trevail's Camp Management/Draft game

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » trevail's Camp Management/Draft game
« Previous Page | Next Page »
jjeans
4/14/13 5:17:32PM
When you put 40k/40k
Is that 40k to show, 40k to win?
Rabi
4/14/13 5:18:55PM
Yes
trevail
4/14/13 5:20:03PM
Yup exactly
trevail
4/14/13 5:28:16PM
Fighters are also required to rest for one fight after a card. (This does not apply to entrance into the tournaments, however there is a rest period after a tournament)

Round 1 looks like so:

Card 1
Card 2
Tournament 1
Card 3
Card 4
Card 5
Tournament 2
trevail
4/14/13 5:29:24PM
(BUMP to this page)

Here is the layout and weight classes for the first card:

Main Event: $50k/$50k - WW
Co-Main Event: $40k/$40k - BW
PPV Slot A: $30k/ $30k - HW
PPV Slot B: $30k/$30k - LHW
PPV Opener: $25k/$25k - LW
-------------------------------------
Prelim Feature: $15k/$15k - FW
TV Prelim A: $10k/$10k - MW
TV Prelim B: $10k/$10k - FLY
TV Prelim C: $10k/$10k - FW
Facebook Prelim: $5k/$5k - LHW

Because we have fewer players than anticipated, everyone will be allowed to try for 5 slots on the card.

You will each PM me with a list of the 5 positions that you are trying for as well as the fighter you want in that slot and the amount you will pay to get that spot.

Example: PPV Slot B - Chuck Liddell - $11k

If I was one of the top 2 bidders I would land the spot and make a minimum of $19k (30-11) for the fight and the chance at an additional $30k if Liddell was deemed the winner.

If you feel that a slot will not be very sought after you can try to get the spot without paying for it. ($0k)

**You can not bid for the same spot twice because your fighters are not allowed to fight each other.

**In the event of a tie, if the bids are the two top bids than you would win the two slots of the fight, however if the tie is for the second highest bid then you will each be asked how much more you would be willing to pay for your fighter to get the slot.

There is more information in the original post and you can always PM me if you have any questions. Good Luck!
jakewalters
4/14/13 5:54:44PM
Can I permanantly move Penn to LW? He'll beat WW's at this stage of the game, but I wanna see him make a deep title run in later stages
trevail
4/14/13 5:59:52PM
sorry bud no weight class jumping (yet)
trevail
4/14/13 6:00:49PM
jjeans - done
PoorFranklin - done
Rabi - done
JakeWalters - done
DanClarke - done
trevail
4/14/13 11:04:14PM
Card 1:

Main Event: (Jake) BJ Penn (-42k) v (jjeans) Erick Silva (-65k)
Co-Main: (Rabi) Mike Easton (-20k) v (Dan) Ivan Menjivar (-31k)
PPV Slot A: (Dan) Todd Duffee (-16k) v (jjeans) Pat Barry (-25k)
PPV Slot B: (Rabi) Jimi Manuwa (-15k) v (PF) Mo Lawal (-11k)
PPV Opener: (Dan) Ross Pearson (-16k) v (jjeans) Gleison Tibau (-13k)
Prelim Feature: (Rabi) Hacran Dias (-10k) v (jjeans) Diego Brandao (-12k)
TV Prelim A: (Jake) Chris Leben (-11k*) v (Dan) Francis Carmont (-6k)
TV Prelim B: (PF) Chris Cariaso (-5k) v (Dan) Louis Gaudinot (-6k)
TV Prelim C: (Rabi) Eddie Yagin (-5k) v (Jake) Mike Brown (-1k)
FB Prelim: (Jake) Vlad Matyushenkp (-6k) v (jjeans) Vinny Magalhaes (-5k)

(*) indicated where the TIE took place

JakeWalters: $63k - $60k spent = $3k bankroll (4 fighters on card)
Rabi: $162k - $50k spent = $112k bankroll (4 fighters on card)
DanClarke: $203k - $75k = $128k bankroll (5 fighters on card)
PoorFranklin: $183k - $16k = $167k bankroll (2 fighters on card)
jjeans: $232k - $120k = $112k bankroll (5 fighters on card)
trevail
4/14/13 11:27:06PM
You make picks on all fights including those that your own fighters are taking part in. However, when we vote for the OTN bonuses you will not be allowed to vote for your own fighter.
trevail
4/15/13 7:02:46PM
If I get jjeans picks I will do an update later tonight.
jakewalters
4/15/13 11:24:39PM

Posted by trevail

If I get jjeans picks I will do an update later tonight.

Posted by jjeans

Come on now Bubbles

trevail
4/16/13 9:14:43PM
CARD 1 RESULTS:
Main Event: BJ Penn beats Erick Silva by Unanimous Decision
Co-Main: Ivan Menjivar chokes out Mike Easton with an RNC in Round 2
PPV A: Todd Duffee knocks out Pat Barry with punches in Round 1
PPV B: Jimi Manuwa drops Mo Lawal and the gets the TKO in Round 1
PPV Opener: Gleison Tibau sneaks past Ross Pearson with a razor thin Split Decision
Prelim Feature: Diego Brandao does just enough to edge Hacran Dias by Split Decision
Prelim A: Francis Carmont catches an over-zealous Chris Leben with an arm-triangle in Round 2
Prelim B: Chris Cariaso by very decisive Unanimous Decision over Louis Gaudinot
Prelim C: Mike Brown bests Eddie Yagin by gritty Split Decision
FB Prelim: Vinny Magalhaes catches Vlad Matyushenko with an armbar from the bottom in Round 2

KOTN Candidates: Duffee or Manuwa
SOTN Candidates: Menjivar, Carmont, or Magalhaes.
FOTN Candidates: Any fight....

*Please PM me your votes for each category*

I will make another post tonight featuring money earned and bankrolls as soon as I can....
trevail
4/17/13 12:45:20AM
CARD 1 RESULTS:
Main Event: (Jake) BJ Penn (+58k + 50k BONUS) beat (jjeans) Erick Silva (-15k + 50k BONUS)
Co-Main: (Dan) Ivan Menjivar (+49k + 50k BONUS) beat (Rabi) Mike Easton (+20k)
PPV A: (Dan) Todd Duffee (+44k) beat (jjeans) Pat Barry (+5k)
PPV B: (Rabi) Jimi Manuwa (+45k) beat (PF) Mo Lawal (+19k)
PPV Opener: (jjeans) Gleison Tibau (+37k) beat (Dan) Ross Pearson (+9k)
Prelim Feature: (jjeans) Diego Brandao (+18k) beat (Rabi) Hacran Dias (+5k)
Prelim A: (Dan) Francis Carmont (+14k) beat (Jake) Chris Leben (-1k)
Prelim B: (PF) Chris Cariaso (+15k) beat (Dan) Louis Gaudinot (+4k)
Prelim C: (Jake) Mike Brown (+19k) beat (Rabi) Eddie Yagin (+5k)
FB Prelim: (jjeans) Vinny Magalhaes (+5k) beat (Jake) Vlad Matyushenko (-1k)

*the numbers in brackets represent money made less money paid for the slot.

Bankroll changes:
DanClarke: 44k + 14k + 9k + 49k + 4k = 120k (203k +120k + 50k BONUS = 373k)
jjeans: 5k + 5k + -15k + 37k + 18k = 50k (232k + 50k + 50k BONUS = 332k)
Rabi: 45k + 5k + 5k + 20k = 75k (162k + 75k = 237k)
PoorFranklin: 19k + 15k = 34k (183k + 34k = 217k)
JakeWalters: -1k + -1k + 58k + 19k = 75k (63k + 75k + 50k BONUS= 188k)
trevail
4/17/13 9:03:34PM
BONUS WINNERS:

KOTN: Todd Duffee (Dan)
SOTN: Ivan Menjivar (Dan)
FOTN: BJ Penn (Jake) v Erick Silva (jjeans)

They have all been PM'd with a list of bonuses to chose from and I will post them once they reply.
trevail
4/17/13 9:07:50PM
Card 2:

Main Event: $50k/$50k - MW
Co-Main Event: $40k/$40k - LHW
PPV Slot A: $30k/ $30k - FLY
PPV Slot B: $30k/$30k - LW
PPV Opener: $25k/$25k - HW
-------------------------------------
Prelim Feature: $15k/$15k - FW
TV Prelim A: $10k/$10k - WW
TV Prelim B: $10k/$10k - BW
TV Prelim C: $10k/$10k - BW
Facebook Prelim: $5k/$5k - HW

You will each PM me with a list of the 5 positions that you are trying for as well as the fighter you want in that slot and the amount you will pay to get that spot.

**You can not bid for the same spot twice because your fighters are not allowed to fight each other.

**In the event of a tie, if the bids are the two top bids than you would win the two slots of the fight, however if the tie is for the second highest bid then you will each be asked how much more you would be willing to pay for your fighter to get the slot.

**Fighters that fought on Card 1 are currently on medical suspension and are not eligible to fight on Card 2. If you do include them in your bids it will be disregarded and you will not get to chose a replacement

There is more information in the original post and you can always PM me if you have any questions
jakewalters
4/17/13 10:04:16PM
Jjeans,

I had the chance to get Thiago Silva. Strategically, I should have taken him. But instead, I took the money because I know you would cry if I took him.

You're Welcome,
Jake
trevail
4/17/13 11:32:38PM
BONUS WINNERS:

KOTN: Todd Duffee (Dan) - Acquired Uriah Hall and Erik Koch
SOTN: Ivan Menjivar (Dan) - $50,000 Bonus
FOTN: BJ Penn (Jake) - $50,000 Bonus
v Erick Silva (jjeans) - $50,000 Bonus
Bubbles
4/18/13 12:29:18AM
that 1st card would have been one solid event
trevail
4/19/13 8:31:41PM
CARD 2:
MW Main Event: (jjeans) Jake Shields (-40k) v (Rabi) Tom Watson (-40k)
LHW Co-Main: (Jake) Brandon Vera (0k) v (Dan) Uriah Hall (-27k)
FLY PPV A: (Dan) Jussier Da Silva (0k) v (Rabi) Sergio Pettis (0k)
LW PPV B: (Dan) Danny Castillo (-22k) v (Rabi) Jamie Varner (-20k)
HW PPV Opener: (Jake) Ben Rothwell (-13k) v (PF) Matt Mitrione (-26k)
FW Prelim Feat: (Dan) Erik Kock (-8k) v (PF) Dustin Poirier (-16k)
WW TV Prelim A: (Jake) Paul Daley (-2k) v (Rabi) Brian Ebersole (-5k)
BW TV Prelim B: (jjeans) Mitch Gagnon (-4k) v (PF) TJ Dillashaw (-11k)
BW TV Prelim C: (Dan) Francisco Rivera (-4k) v (PF) Johnny Eduardo (-1k)
HW FB Prelim: (Rabi) Rich Hale (-1k) v (PF) Jeff Monson (-1k)

# of Fights on Card:
Dan - 5
jjeans - 2
Jake - 3
PF - 5
Rabi - 5
trevail
4/20/13 11:12:38AM
Everyone's votes are in except Poor Franklins. He gave me a heads up in advance that he may not be able to do his until Sunday evening.
trevail
4/21/13 12:55:32AM
CARD 2 RESULTS
:
Main Event: Tom Watson (Rabi +60k) did enough standing to overcome Jake Shields' (jjeans +10k) ground game and win by Split Decision.
Co-Main: Brandon Vera (Jake +80k) used his clinch game and takedowns to stifle Uriah Hall (Dan +13k) and take the Unanimous Decision nod from the judges.
PPV A: Jussier Da Silva (Dan +60k) used his experience to overcome the surging prospect Sergio Pettis (Rabi +30k) and win by Unanimous Decision.
PPV B: Jamie Varner (Rabi +40k) came out strong in the second and snagged Danny Castillo's (Dan +8k) neck for a second round submission win via guillotine.
PPV Opener: Matt Mitrione(PF +24k) wasted no time chin-checking Ben Rothwell (Jake +12k) with a powerful walk off KO in the first round.
Prelim Feature: Erik Koch (Dan +13k) went to war with Dustin Poirier (PF -1k) and did just enough to get a Split Decision.
TV Prelim A: Paul Daley (Jake +18k) put Brian Ebersole (Rabi +5k) to sleep with a left hook in Round 1.
TV Prelim B: TJ Dillashaw (PF +9k) continued his win streak by mixing his striking and takedowns to easily take all 3 rounds away from Mitch Gagnon (jjeans +6k) and earn a lopsided Unanimous Decision
TV Prelim C: Francisco Rivera (Dan +16k) was too much for Johnny Eduardo (PF +9k) and took home a Unanimous Decision win.
FB Prelim: Jeff Monson (PF +9k) struggled at times but all 3 judges felt he did enough to beat Rich Hale (Rabi +4k) by a score of 29-28 to open the night.

KOTN Candidates: Matt Mitrione or Paul Daley
SOTN Winner: Jamie Varner
FOTN Candidates: You may vote for any bout that does not include one of your fighters

Earnings:
Danclarke: 13 + 60 + 8 + 13 + 16 = 110k (373k + 110k = 483k)
Rabi: 60 + 30 + 40 + 5 + 4 = 139k (237k + 139k = 376k)
jjeans: 10 + 6 = 16k (332k + 16k = 348k)
JakeWalters: 80 + 12 + 18 = 110k (188k + 110k = 298k)
PoorFranklin: 24 + -1 + 9 + 9 + 9 = 50k (217k + 50k = 267k)
jjeans
4/21/13 2:08:42PM
So now we can't bid on our own fighters?

Also how come BJ has to fight at 170 but Hall can fight at 205...

And who the hell is putting SD on all the decisions. Really???? 1 a card is fair enough but I'll check your MMA PG fantasy picks and guarantee I wont see as many SD's on your real life picks

trevail
4/21/13 2:22:20PM
1. The rules stated that you couldn't vote for your own fighters to win bonuses last time as well. I just reiterated it this time to get the point across.

2. The only time a fighter can change weight is when there is no other option. Such as there being no available LHW to fight Vera or if I player doesn't have available fighters to enter the tournaments. These fighters are moving up to fight at a disadvantage. There will be weight class change bonuses available to be earned In the tournaments. It's not my fault BJ thought he had a chance at WW.

3. You are absolutely correct that a lot of picks are coming in as SD and UD. It seem that some players are voting for their own fighters to be the only finishers in order to have a better shot at bonuses. Hopefully we can all play honestly and just pick the fights as we think they would play out regardless as to who the fighters belong to.

Anything else?
jjeans
4/21/13 3:03:49PM
It's okay when its Uriah Hall but in later rounds when it might be GSP, Jones or someone, just because you dont have another fighter in that weight class shouldn't mean you should get the luxury of being able to send a fighter up

If you don't have a fighter in that weight class you shouldnt be in the tournament. It's your own fault

And if Halls moving up to fight Vera why is anyone moving up at all, how about the fight just gets cancelled and Vera takes the money? And walks out being able to fight on the next card?
jakewalters
4/21/13 3:14:37PM
I picked lots of decisions (including for my own guy Vera) because I thought the match-ups would warrant those results. I agree, people shouldn't pick all UD's to up their guys' chances at bonuses. If you are, quit it. Lol.

The point of the game is to make money. I know we shouldn't fuck each other over or anything but the whole "I hope people can play honestly" becomes a slippery slope when it's a game to make the most money. I didn't pick my decisions dishonestly, but I don't like the assumption that my picks are being held up to some code of ethics.
Rabi
4/21/13 3:22:29PM
I honestly pick my guys to win in a way which I think is realistic, I pick the other fights fairly, I also vote on the bonuses fairly.
jakewalters
4/21/13 3:23:20PM

Posted by Rabi

I honestly pick my guys to win in a way which I think is realistic, I pick the other fights fairly, I also vote on the bonuses fairly.

suuuuuuuuuuuure ray......
trevail
4/21/13 4:09:21PM

Posted by jjeans

It's okay when its Uriah Hall but in later rounds when it might be GSP, Jones or someone, just because you dont have another fighter in that weight class shouldn't mean you should get the luxury of being able to send a fighter up

If you don't have a fighter in that weight class you shouldnt be in the tournament. It's your own fault

And if Halls moving up to fight Vera why is anyone moving up at all, how about the fight just gets cancelled and Vera takes the money? And walks out being able to fight on the next card?

It wont be an issue as we go on because everyone's rosters will be more robust. The only reason it became an issue was because 3 LHW weren't picked at all (could have been for 1k each in the final round) and because the 7 that were picked are not very spread out.

As for the tournaments, its an 8 man format so to be fair there will be an alternate bout as well, with 5 players that means 2 fighters each. Obviously, not everyone has 2 fighters in every weight class so there will be the option for those that need to bring a fighter UP in weight. Bringing a fighter up to fill a slot is a disadvantage to the player.

This is the first season and a learning experience for you players and myself as well. I'm sure next time everyone will aim to have their roster be more balanced across all weights so that other players don't score those free slots. For now we will play the way I have decided and then discuss what changes need to be made for next time. I cant change the rules every time someone doesn't agree with how things played out.

In regards to the picking issue, there is no standards or penalties. Everyone is able to pick how they like. There have already been two fights that were unanimously decided with 5 similar votes. That means twice a player has picked against his own player. I would never expect that but it is commendable. My previous comment regarding this was to highlight that if some players chose not to pick stoppages for other player's fighters then I am sure the issue could compound to the point were we no longer see any candidates for SOTN or KOTN. All I was saying is that the game is much more interesting when the bonuses are voted on competitively (although I am sure Ray was happy to get that SOTN by default haha). My comment was not meant to be accusatory or pointed at any one player.
trevail
4/21/13 4:12:04PM
We are only two cards in but if the majority feel that they haven't been treated fairly or that the game is skewed against them, then I wouldn't be opposed to a restart. My goal was a fair fun game for those that were interested......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12