Travis Browne vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva set to headline UFC on FX 5

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Travis Browne vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva set to headline UFC on FX 5
Card
7/27/12 9:18:32AM
Heavyweights Travis Browne and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva will headline the Ultimate Fighting Championship's return to Minnesota in October.

USA TODAY Sports on Thursday learned from UFC officials that Browne will fight Silva on Oct. 5 in the main event of UFC on FX 5, which will take place at the Target Center in Minneapolis.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2012-07-26/browne-gets-role-as-headliner-in-ufc-bout/813151/1

grappler0000
7/27/12 9:22:48AM
Interesting.
george112
7/27/12 9:29:35AM

Posted by grappler0000

Interesting.

Very .

Should be a good fight. I'm going with Travis though.
I've always thought bigfoot was a tad bit overrated
sparky
7/27/12 10:32:04AM
Browne just got himself one hell of a step up in competition.

Hope Browne pulls off the W, but got a feeling he's going to catch a beat down
TerrorofsesameST
7/27/12 10:39:09AM
God dammit we have to wait?! lol I enjoy watching Travis Browne! I was really looking forward to seeing him and Rothwell mix it up next weekend. Ah well Big Foot will be a great challenge for him. I'd like to see Browne make a title run by the at least spring of 2013.
meier
7/27/12 11:16:36AM
Bigfoot will be destroyed
ghandikush
7/27/12 11:34:37AM
I feel like theyre trying to kill bigfoots draw by getting his ass kicked.
tallica62
7/27/12 12:18:26PM
oooo...now i like this one
Twenty20Dollars
7/27/12 1:00:02PM

Posted by ghandikush

Almost a must win for him.
DrivenDavies15
7/27/12 2:17:16PM
My first thought was Browne by KO but if he can't finish Bigfoot early he may be in trouble since it's a 5 round fight and his cardio is... not the best. I think Silva could win a decision here or Browne gets the finish.
kopower
7/27/12 2:36:52PM
Hopefully nobody gets injured again, leading up to the fight. If there are other solid fights, I may have to get tickets.
bojangalz
7/27/12 2:48:17PM
Yeah, something tells me that the Playground Bullies will be in full effect that night.
tcunningham
7/27/12 3:04:18PM
i think i'll take browne by UD. i think hes more athletic than silva and will be able to use his reach to stay out of silvas range and stay in his own range.
frizzzlecake
7/27/12 3:12:17PM
Ohh great now Browne is going to Break his hand on Bigfoots head.
Pskinner_mma314
7/27/12 3:16:32PM

Posted by sparky

Sparky, while it is a step up for Browne.....I'm MORE surprised that they're bringing Browne up this slowly. The guy impresses the hell outa me and has pretty much easily handled anyone put in front of him.....I think taking Bigfoot is a babystep up in competition. I'd love to see Browne against a top 8 opponent. Nog, Carwin, Nelson, Mir, bring Cormier over.....I wouldn't guarantee a win for Browne in any of these fights, but i like his chances in all of them.

Time for a step up in competition for Browne, a real one.
infestructure
7/27/12 5:01:04PM
I reckon Browne could get away with using Cain's tactic. Bigfoot looks intimidating, but he goes down easy, and bleeds like a motherfucker
FastKnockout
7/27/12 5:21:57PM
I was never sold on Bigfoot. Browne by TKO.
BeeR
7/27/12 6:01:49PM
Am I the only one who thinks bigfoot is leagues better on the ground and has twice the stamina/cardio then Browne ?

Im a huge browne fan, and a bigfoot criticizer, but I see Silva winning this.
Bubbles
7/27/12 6:45:32PM

Posted by ghandikush

this is Dana's way of saying that Fedor sucks
ghandikush
7/27/12 6:50:31PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

this is Dana's way of saying that Fedor sucks

Well we found out .............
sparky
7/27/12 9:19:23PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by sparky

Sparky, while it is a step up for Browne.....I'm MORE surprised that they're bringing Browne up this slowly. The guy impresses the hell outa me and has pretty much easily handled anyone put in front of him.....I think taking Bigfoot is a babystep up in competition. I'd love to see Browne against a top 8 opponent. Nog, Carwin, Nelson, Mir, bring Cormier over.....I wouldn't guarantee a win for Browne in any of these fights, but i like his chances in all of them.

Browne had trouble with Kongo

Had Kongo not lost a point he probably would have won the fight. I personally think Big Foot would schooled Kongo but that's just my opinion
aussiemma
7/27/12 11:16:25PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by sparky

Browne had trouble with Kongo

Had Kongo not lost a point he probably would have won the fight. I personally think Big Foot would schooled Kongo but that's just my opinion

yeah but browne is like ten fold the fighter he was then. its a pretty interesting match up but if browne does well then he definitely is legit.
Pookie
7/28/12 12:25:39AM

Posted by aussiemma

yeah but browne is like ten fold the fighter he was then.

1.2x
lohmann
7/28/12 12:41:51AM

I think taking Bigfoot is a babystep up in competition. I'd love to see Browne against a top 8 opponent. Nog, Carwin, Nelson, Mir, bring Cormier over.....I wouldn't guarantee a win for Browne in any of these fights, but i like his chances in all of them.

Shane Carwin is 1-2 in the last three years and when he fights Roy Nelson it will be a layoff of nearly a year and a half since his last fight. Nelson himself is 4-3 in the UFC (2-3 in his last five) with some solid efforts in his losses to top-tier fighters but his victories coming against Schaub, Struve, Herman, and CroCop. Antonio Silva's resume is just as good as both Carwin and Nelson's by virtue of having, you know, beaten Fedor Emelianenko.

I like this fight. If Browne wins, he cracks the top ten and finds himself right outside a title shot. Maybe even matched up against Cormier, should DC defeat Mir, as a solid introductory fight to the UFC and a title eliminator.
hashyandy4
7/28/12 2:49:02AM
I actually really like this fight, i think Browne pulls it out
aussiemma
7/28/12 4:48:45AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by aussiemma

yeah but browne is like ten fold the fighter he was then.

1.2x