Trash Talking/ Show Boating/ Mocking

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Trash Talking/ Show Boating/ Mocking
POLL: Does Trashtalking etc bother you?
Yes, makes MMA look bad 5% (1)
No, adds excitment to each fight 20% (4)
Depends on the circumstances 75% (15)
SerraLeben
4/20/08 4:32:45PM
I just thought I would bring up how fighters usually trash talk before and after fights and how in the ring occasionally fighters will mock each other and/or show boat.

Trash talking for me adds more excitement to every fight. If there was no pre fight interviews and two fighters were just slapped together to fight I don't think it would be as good to watch ( I would still watch just probs wouldn't be as exciting for me). It really makes the fight become personal which I like, then the trash talking is justifiable. The best feud for me would have to be the Ortiz and Shamrock series which wouldn't of been as good if it wasen't for the trash talking and them being coaches on TUF.

I also like when fighters showboat because its good to see them get laid out or lose after doing so. It's also adds for an exciting fight, no matter who wins. Usually the Japanese are notorious for doing this.. especially when they enter the UFC.

Although mocking your opponent could make the world of MMA look bad I think it is okay occasionally depending on the circumstances. The Quarry vs Starnes fight was absolutely ridiculous. Even though the fight shouldn't of been on the main card for UFC 83, I believe the ending of the fight when Quarry mocked Starnes made it some what worth while to see.

These are all just my opinions but I certainty do not mind trash talking, mocking and/or show boating before, during or after fights.
warglory
4/20/08 4:38:58PM

Posted by SerraLeben

I just thought I would bring up how fighters usually trash talk before and after fights and how in the ring occasionally fighters will mock each other and/or show boat.

Trash talking for me adds more excitement to every fight. If there was no pre fight interviews and two fighters were just slapped together to fight I don't think it would be as good to watch ( I would still watch just probs wouldn't be as exciting for me). It really makes the fight become personal which I like, then the trash talking is justifiable. The best feud for me would have to be the Ortiz and Shamrock series which wouldn't of been as good if it wasen't for the trash talking and them being coaches on TUF.

I also like when fighters showboat because its good to see them get laid out or lose after doing so. It's also adds for an exciting fight, no matter who wins. Usually the Japanese are notorious for doing this.. especially when they enter the UFC.

Although mocking your opponent could make the world of MMA look bad I think it is okay occasionally depending on the circumstances. The Quarry vs Starnes fight was absolutely ridiculous. Even though the fight shouldn't of been on the main card for UFC 83, I believe the ending of the fight when Quarry mocked Starnes made it some what worth while to see.

These are all just my opinions but I certainty do not mind trash talking, mocking and/or show boating before, during or after fights.

Trash talking for the sake of trash talking is a complete waste of time and the fans can see right through it. If you legitimately have a grudge against someone, yeah tell us about it, but don't tell off your opponent like Tito does, just to get better ratings. Its stupid.

As for mocking and showboating, both make a fighter look like a clown. Simple as that. This isn't football, nor is it boxing. This is a sport of respect and honor, once you start turning your opponents into lesser individuals, thats when the feel of the game changes.