Transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems
grappler0000
3/6/13 12:42:23AM
Fallon Fox is bracing herself for controversy, and as the first on-record transgender female fighter in mixed martial arts, she's going to get plenty of it.

On Monday, the 37-year-old Fox (2-0) revealed exclusively to SI.com that she's a transgender fighter -- the first on record, male or female, to compete in the combat sport. Fox won her second professional bout with a 39-second knockout (via knee) last Saturday at Championship Fighting Alliance 10 in Coral Gables, Fla.

Fox, who underwent gender reassignment surgery in 2006 along with the supplemental hormonal therapy, is scheduled to fight again for the CFA on April 20 in the semifinals of its eight-woman featherweight tournament. However, Fox's license approval is now under investigation with Florida's Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation...

Full Story
grappler0000
3/6/13 12:45:23AM
Decided to look her up on Sherdog. I can't make this shit up...her nickname is "The Queen of Swords".
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/6/13 2:29:22AM
Holy shit you guys!!! This is crazy. I met her once. My girlfriend goes to Title Boxing in Schaumburg, IL and Fallon was an instructor there for a short period of time. I took a class with her as the instructor. It was crazy b/c according to my gf, one morning Fallon never showed up for work. This chick had some serious power on her strikes too.
bjj1605
3/6/13 3:08:16AM
Birth sex should determine what division you compete in.

Changing the outward appearance of the genitals doesn't change the structure of your chromosomes. She still has the physical advantages of a man.

Sensitive issue. But its all about fairness really.
Goatenstein
3/6/13 7:22:52AM

Posted by bjj1605

Changing the outward appearance of the genitals doesn't change the structure of your chromosomes. She still has the physical advantages of a man.

You're right. It's not about hating people it's about safety.
postman
3/6/13 10:07:54AM
And you guys think TRT is cheating
Svartorm
3/6/13 12:17:52PM
Totally agree there. No amount of cosmetic surgery and hormones make you a girl. Look at the sherdog pictures. Thats a dude, and a dude who has a TKO (injury) and a brutal KO via knee. Not safe or fair to female fighters.
MaxOne
3/6/13 12:25:09PM
or dude shouldn't be allowed to compete against women.
infestructure
3/6/13 2:49:33PM

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by bjj1605

You're right. It's not about hating people it's about safety.

She should only be able to fight fellow transgenders IMO
Svartorm
3/6/13 2:56:45PM

Posted by infestructure

She should only be able to fight fellow transgenders IMO

And I thought Invicta would be a hard sell!

Tranny Fighting Championships.
Poor_Franklin
3/7/13 4:57:29PM
instant fight w/ Cyborg will teach this dude a lesson
postman
3/7/13 5:00:33PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

instant fight w/ Cyborg will teach this dude a lesson

I do think this is a fight that should happen. We can then find out if Chris can beat a man up.
Card
3/8/13 9:24:24AM
Kpro
3/8/13 10:04:39AM

Posted by Card

Would you?
cowcatcher
3/8/13 10:13:40AM
I think you know the answer to that.
Kpro
3/8/13 11:02:43AM

Posted by cowcatcher