This is a training section right?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » This is a training section right?
POLL: Should we have an instructional move or technique of the day/week etc?
Yes 80% (8)
No 20% (2)
The-Don
6/15/08 3:43:43PM
OK this is the training area of the forum.. So here is an idea... If someone out there with good resources either videos or pictures post different moves.. you know a how too kinda thing... It might also be good to list the move as either basic or advanced... I would love to try and do so .. but my PC can barely run this site.. if you saw my PC you'd all laugh at me... But this is an idea... I'll give mad props and respect to whoever can get something like this going... It could be a stand up technique or a ground one.. regardless I think it will help people espically the newer people. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? it would also be great if one of the mos took this on as they all seem to be very knowedgable and could control the content a bit better to make sure nothing is being put out that could could someone hurt or is unsafe....
holt8081
6/15/08 3:50:28PM
ya I think it would be a geat idea, I like to visit bjpenn.com there is a lot of good stuff there.
The-Don
6/15/08 3:55:59PM
yea I go there from time to time.. BJ used to have a set of vidoes he did... THey were great.. then I went back after being away for a month or two and the entire site changed.. I do not like the new format he has it is like a Myspace for MMA and it is hard to find his training videos.
holt8081
6/15/08 3:59:30PM

Posted by The-Don

yea I go there from time to time.. BJ used to have a set of vidoes he did... THey were great.. then I went back after being away for a month or two and the entire site changed.. I do not like the new format he has it is like a Myspace for MMA and it is hard to find his training videos.

Ya I noticed that too
Rush
6/15/08 4:00:49PM
I posted dozens of How to BJJ techniques in the video section.

BJJ videos - posted by Rush
The-Don
6/15/08 4:17:26PM
well alrighty then... I never even found that section before... you have just become my hero... I like BJ's vidoe cause he explains the stuff like your a normal person not like you hold a 30th degree black belt...
Rush
6/15/08 4:29:30PM

Posted by The-Don

well alrighty then... I never even found that section before... you have just become my hero... I like BJ's vidoe cause he explains the stuff like your a normal person not like you hold a 30th degree black belt...

Hope you enjoy them or they're of any use. I thought they were pretty good.
dannyfrank
6/15/08 4:33:57PM
i think that would be an awesome idea. especially since i dont have the time to join another martial arts club
The-Don
6/15/08 4:46:22PM
check out the section Rush linked to.. I just watched several of them... WE could use sections like that since they are already posted the videos.. perhaps pick one each week and link to it and discuss its applications... how effective it is if people have had problems doing the move etc.. Some of that stuff I know some I don't .. What has good applications in MMA and what don't.. things like that... were just fortuante enough to have vidoes already posted...
holt8081
6/15/08 4:50:55PM
that is a good section Props Rush. damn spreadin the love thing.
The-Don
6/15/08 5:04:47PM
yea tell me about it.. and yea Rush I think I will be using them to help refine some of my own skills its been awhile since I have trained and well the instructor has an easy manner about him making it easy to watch even if some of the video is of poorer quality...
fullerene
6/15/08 5:39:37PM
www.lockflow.com (technique section)
www.judoinfo.com (technique section)

are both good and comprehensive, but I'm a skeptic as far as self-training from videos or pictrures goes.
The-Don
6/15/08 6:25:29PM

Posted by fullerene

www.lockflow.com (technique section)
www.judoinfo.com (technique section)

are both good and comprehensive, but I'm a skeptic as far as self-training from videos or pictrures goes.

Well for a complete beginer no they should not use videos and such... but for someone like myself and alot of others here seeing different techniques and different approaches to techniques we already know might give us a new dimension..