training question

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » training question
The_Ho_Bag
9/1/09 12:08:41AM
every time i roll or do MMA my upper eye brow hurts , like it feels like its been gashed open. i cnt touch it or anything and its recently just come back. any idea what it is or is it just sore?
Rush
9/1/09 11:01:18AM
I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that you have some sort of cyst (or something like that under your skin) and contact with it is causing you pain.

How long does the pain last? I mean, in terms of how many days in a row will it be when that area is sore to touch?

I also assume the pain you experience is very acute and only lasts a few seconds or less.
The_Ho_Bag
9/1/09 11:59:38AM
it lasts for a few hours. and if any contact touches it burns and stings. but then when i train the next it comes back
Rush
9/1/09 12:56:07PM
I would certainly talk to a doc. then.
UFCmma666
9/1/09 2:08:32PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

it lasts for a few hours. and if any contact touches it burns and stings. but then when i train the next it comes back

is it visibly red and do you wear a gi
The_Ho_Bag
9/1/09 3:37:51PM
this morning i saw like a red mark around the eye its self and i do no -gi BJJ
telnights
9/1/09 3:47:30PM
I would see a doc but it sounds like either a bone-spur/chip or a busted blood vessel. But either way only way to get it fixed is by seeing a Doc.
UFCmma666
9/1/09 3:56:16PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

this morning i saw like a red mark around the eye its self and i do no -gi BJJ

but i had something similar awhile back but it was just a severe irritation from large ammounts of friction between my neck and gi
The_Ho_Bag
9/1/09 3:57:37PM
i was thinking maybe like severe mat burn or something? becuase i get from contact with the mat or when i get punched. idk but ill definitely see a doctor soon hopefully.
UFCmma666
9/1/09 3:59:31PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

i was thinking maybe like severe mat burn or something? becuase i get from contact with the mat or when i get punched. idk but ill definitely see a doctor soon hopefully.

ice helped me
The_Ho_Bag
9/1/09 4:19:04PM
ill try that. ill see how it is tonight when i spar .
Jackelope
9/1/09 5:58:09PM
Wow that's really weird. I've never had any problem like that. Nor have I heard of anyone having that problem. Usually if it's a bone problem the pain will be a bit more general and not so specifically localized. It almost sounds like it's a painful abscess or maybe a cyst.

I'd have a doc check you out whenever you're uncertain. As I've said before forums are maybe good for a general idea, but you should always get stuff checked out by a professional.
Rush
9/1/09 6:31:08PM

Posted by telnights

it sounds like either a bone-spur/chip or a busted blood vessel.

I thought about that initially, but I would expect his duration of pain and the fact that it comes and goes uncharacteristic of these things.

I had a bruised bone (which I thought might have been a chip at one point) on my knee from falling on a tile floor. It hurt like hell when pressure was put on it, but the pain was only immediate and went away as soon as the pressure was off. Also, the incidents of pain did not come and go, they only got progressively less severe over months (total of 3 or 4 months). I've also had spurs and they are similar to the above experience.

Rash or irritation is also something that doesn't sound like it is because I don't get why the pain would last for a long time afterwards. Again I have had lots of rashes and they are all brief acute pain.

Now, it could be also be an infection that is localized.

When you get a prognosis from the doc, let us know what it is. I for one am curious because it is a strange thing (IMO).
The_Ho_Bag
9/1/09 11:42:10PM
will do im making an appointment tommorrow