HELP ME WITH MY TRAINING

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » HELP ME WITH MY TRAINING
cloud301336
9/1/08 9:46:49PM
well here's the problem i got a bench and interchangable dung bells, and i need a work out thats going to work out my lower back and abs. So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. thxx.
HMA123
9/1/08 10:22:56PM
Lower back:
Dead lifts (if with enough weight, they hit your lower back STRONG)
Bent over rows (more like a full, but hits lower back pretty good)
Good mornings (Amazing for lower back,but might need a barbell)
Superman Situps (Just situps, but do them like superman
)
Back is personally my favorite body part to workout, i have tons and tons of exercises if you need anything else for back, not just lower)

As you might know, lower back and abs are all connected. (just incase you didn't know) All core.

And abs, there's too many.
Besides all the variations of situps and stuff.
You can put a dumbell on you feet and do 6 inches, that adds weight.
Put a weight above your head or on your chest and do situps.

The-Don
9/2/08 2:25:56PM

Posted by cloud301336

well here's the problem i got a bench and interchangable dung bells, and i need a work out thats going to work out my lower back and abs. So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. thxx.

Define what a dung bell is? is it made from cow feces? J/k

seriously though... read through alot of the other training threads.. I am sure you'll find something...
cloud301336
9/2/08 5:41:15PM
YUP!!!! thx...
Jackelope
9/2/08 6:54:30PM
Hey, bro.. here's a good resource. Just click on the muscle group and read away!

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WtMale.html
Mitchell740
9/4/08 7:52:55PM

Posted by cloud301336

If it has a removeable bar, the best thing I can reccomend for lower back arecleans. A clean is just how the guy gets the bar to his neck in the video shown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcM_SCp2KHA&feature=related

WARNING: start with LOW weight, if you don't you risk back injury/hernia. You want to get technique down first because this IS a lift you can badly injure yourself with if done improperly.
Tizzy
11/20/08 6:14:54PM
I have had multiple back problems over the years and only one thing has helped. I spent a year pulling myself out of bed because my back would be too stiff to move. I tried a lot of different things and had doctors tell me they couldn't figure it out. The only thing that had helped me was Pilates. Start with basic exercises and then go to the more advanced ones. You will actually not need your weights and bench until you get to the advanced exercises. It will help you get stronger and more toned. My cardio actually went through the roof after about 3 months of doing Pilates.

Good luck.