Trail Blazers Offer Roy Hibbert Max Contract

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Trail Blazers Offer Roy Hibbert Max Contract
prophecy033
7/1/12 7:08:19PM
The Portland Trail Blazers have offered restricted free agent center Roy Hibbert a four-year, $58 million contract, sources confirmed to ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The $58-million offer sheet, earlier reported by SI.com, is the maximum allowable under the collective bargaining agreement.

According to SI.com, the Indiana Pacers did not offer Hibbert the maximum and the 25-year-old All-Star is leaning toward signing the Blazers' offer sheet.

Link
BuffaloDave
7/1/12 7:23:05PM
Buts a hurting on the Pacers building on the previous season, if he leaves.
prophecy033
7/1/12 8:58:44PM
I think Indiana matches this and he ends up back in a Pacer uniform. What it does show me is my hometown Blazers are going all in on gaining top level free agents. Doesn't mean we will sign any but shit, at least were going for it
BuffaloDave
7/1/12 9:52:41PM

Posted by prophecy033

I think Indiana matches this and he ends up back in a Pacer uniform. What it does show me is my hometown Blazers are going all in on gaining top level free agents. Doesn't mean we will sign any but shit, at least were going for it

Always makes you feel better when your team at least tries!!!!
kopower
7/1/12 10:01:08PM
I didn't catch much basketball this season, but isn't this high for Hibbert? Was he that good this season? I know he's pretty solid defensively, but has his offense improved?

Stats for this season were
12.8 ppg
8.8 RPG
2 BPG

So these numbers garner a max deal?
BuffaloDave
7/1/12 10:11:42PM

Posted by kopower

I didn't catch much basketball this season, but isn't this high for Hibbert? Was he that good this season? I know he's pretty solid defensively, but has his offense improved?

12.8 ppg
8.8 RPG
2 BPG

It might be a little high, but good young centers are thin in the league right now, he had a stat line in the playoffs of like high 11's for pts. and rebs, with 3.1 blocks in 11 games.

prophecy033
7/2/12 12:25:27AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kopower

12.8 ppg
8.8 RPG
2 BPG

It might be a little high, but good young centers are thin in the league right now, he had a stat line in the playoffs of like high 11's for pts. and rebs, with 3.1 blocks in 11 games.

not just that, centers just garner more money. Kwame Brown made over $6 mill, Camby made almost $12 mill and I believe Okur was at $10 mill. Outside of Howard and Bynum, Hibbert was the next best IMO. Oh, he was an All-Star also which I'm sure drives the price up. Portland hasn't had much luck drafting Centers so we may as well over pay a little to get one that is proven
Bubbles
7/2/12 11:52:13AM

Posted by kopower

12.8 ppg
8.8 RPG
2 BPG

that is only playing 30 mpg. bump that to 35 and he should average 16/10/2 easily
kopower
7/2/12 10:20:28PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

12.8 ppg
8.8 RPG
2 BPG

that is only playing 30 mpg. bump that to 35 and he should average 16/10/2 easily

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if he was worth it or not. His numbers have increased each year, so that's a plus.
gartface
7/3/12 9:04:46AM
Gonna be pissed if he leaves