Tracking the progress of TUF 2 fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tracking the progress of TUF 2 fighters
oleg
7/9/08 11:39:07AM
After the inaugural season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ reality series became an instant television hit, Spike TV and the Ultimate Fighting Championship quickly rounded up another load of up-and-coming MMA fighters and filmed another season. The second season of ‘TUF’ featured heavyweights and welterweights, and notably did not feature the usual feud between coaches. Instead, the coaches were friends, one-time training partners, and both UFC title holders at the time: Rich Franklin and Matt Hughes. Let’s look at how the careers of the participants turned out since then. I will examine the heavyweight class first, and the welterweights next week.

All in all, the heavyweight edition of TUF has been a failed experiment. Of the ten fighters who participated, only two are still fighting in the UFC and both dropped down to 205 lbs, as did Mike Whitehead who has had an impressive win streak outside of the Octagon. None of the true heavyweights of the group enjoyed great success in MMA since the Season 2 finale.

Read the rest of this article at Fightmatrix.com

Part 2: Welterweights
Purge
7/9/08 1:33:09PM
So has TUF 3, look at whom it produced, Herman and Bisping, neither of those guys are close to top 10 fighters, which was the point of the TUF series. Getting fighters for the superbowl of MMA.

Hamill's not being built up to get an eventual title shot, if he wins they'll say Rich was a small LHW and make excuses, if Rich win's they'll say Rich is the shit.
MMAcca
7/9/08 3:28:25PM
Props as usual Oleg, nice work
Khaos
7/9/08 5:59:12PM
Nice Read
I had to put the motivational poster I made
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Purge
7/9/08 7:10:03PM

Posted by Khaos

Nice Read
I had to put the motivational poster I made

Good lord, what a pussy that guy was, I remember him saying at the beginning of the episode "im not gonna quit", at the end of the episode he was gone.
oleg
7/9/08 8:28:59PM
LOL that's an awesome pic
RNC
7/9/08 11:33:41PM

Posted by Purge

Hamill's not being built up to get an eventual title shot, if he wins they'll say Rich was a small LHW and make excuses, if Rich win's they'll say Rich is the shit.

I wouldn't say that just yet. Rich faught at LHW before, so its not like this is something new for him. Putting aside that Hamill got ****** over with his Bisping rematch, I don't think the UFC will treat him any different than the other fighters. Sure, he isn't that marketable because he is deaf, but so what. Many fighters don't even speak english and the UFC is doing alright with them. I think if Hamill beats Franklin he will get another top opponent, and if he wins again after that he will be in title contention.

Scott_Revels
7/10/08 5:46:27PM
Good writeup. I try to keep up with the guys who aren't in the UFC anymore.. Not that easy though as most fight in like backwoods fight orgs.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
7/10/08 11:24:47PM
awesome
oleg
7/15/08 3:00:24PM