Tracking the progress of TUF 3 contestants

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tracking the progress of TUF 3 contestants
oleg
8/27/08 2:07:53PM
After a very busy summer for MMA fans, there has been a temporary lull in major events. As the UFC and Spike TV are getting ready to launch the eighth season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ reality series (premiering on September 17th), it is a good time to take a look back at the contestants of Season 3 and see how their fighting careers have progressed after the show.

The third season of ‘TUF’ featured lightheavyweight & middleweight contestants, and was coached by Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock. The show focused heavily on the ongoing feud between coaches, sometimes at the expense of screen time for fighters. The talent level on this season was rather weak compared to seasons 1 and 2: not a single fighter from season 3 is currently ranked in the Top 10 in any weight class. I will examine the lightheavyweight class first, and look at the middleweights next week.

Read the rest at Fightmatrix.com

Part II - Middleweights
grappler0000
8/27/08 2:13:16PM
FYI...small typo - wrong Shamrock.
jocka
8/27/08 2:18:31PM
Am don't disagree that it was not the best season if you compare it to season 1 but Bisping and Hamill (if they both win their next fight) would aguably be top 10 in the respective weight class or pretty damn close to it
wiggum
8/27/08 2:26:11PM
the talent on season 3 is one of the worst for sure, and i think last seasons is on par with that one.....but something to think about is that theys guys are up and comers....not established fighters for the most part....the reason that we are seeing season 1 and season 2 fighters crack the top 10 is that they have arrived from up and comers to contenders, season one was 3 years ago...these fighters have developed the skills to the elite level they are at...so in a couple years i think we are gonna see fighters from the last couple seasons making waves in the top 10...its all about patience instead of immediate results.....just cuz they win the series, does not mean they are automatically contenders...they beat out other up and coming fighters with "potential" is all
nickcuc547
8/27/08 2:27:51PM
that lhw division is pretty weak, the middleweights on that season were pretty solid, herman and grove are ufc staples, singer and starnes are solid.
kaduey
8/27/08 2:47:15PM

Posted by nickcuc547

that lhw division is pretty weak, the middleweights on that season were pretty solid, herman and grove are ufc staples, singer and starnes are solid.

I think Singer has come a long way since the show but Starnes is a quitter and has no heart which is too bad because he's got great natural talent.
oleg
8/27/08 3:00:07PM

Posted by grappler0000

FYI...small typo - wrong Shamrock.

D'oh!
oleg
8/27/08 3:01:10PM
doublepost
oleg
9/2/08 4:48:02PM