Tournement of legends

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Tournement of legends
mrsmiley
8/25/07 11:04:04AM
Okay,so lets say we can put a tournement together with martial arts and fighting legends in their prime.How would their styles hold up?
Eight man tournement style.

1.Mas Oyama VS Bruce Lee

2.Moriehi Ueshiba VS Helio Gracie

3.Yip Man VS Benny "the Jet" Urquidez

4.Hirokazu Kanazawa VS Muhammed Ali

Naturaldisaster
8/29/07 10:07:12AM
ALI would take the Tourny
DCRage
8/29/07 12:25:46PM
Lee over Ali, if just because they're the only guys there I've even heard of.
Rush
8/29/07 1:13:29PM

Posted by DCRage

Umm, you are on an MMA forum and you don't know the name Helio Gracie?
sakurabaforever
8/29/07 7:02:46PM
Don't know about Benny The Jet a "legend", he was a badass kickboxer, but I don't think people will be talking about him in 50 years.

Lee would take it. He was too adaptive, fast, powerful, and physically in better shape by far then any of the others.
TOMMYAYO05
8/29/07 7:17:12PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by DCRage

You just took the words right from my mouth man if you are on a mma site and havnt heard the name Helio Gracie,you better learn it quick.He only like started bjj and is the head of all the gracies like rickson,royce,royler,rorieon.I mean come on brotha but also what about rickson hy isnt he on the list.He would win it all.
Cladrix
8/30/07 1:59:24PM
Helio takes the tournament by Armbar.
mrsmiley
9/1/07 6:40:10AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by Rush

Posted by DCRage

You just took the words right from my mouth man if you are on a mma site and havnt heard the name Helio Gracie,you better learn it quick.He only like started bjj and is the head of all the gracies like rickson,royce,royler,rorieon.I mean come on brotha but also what about rickson hy isnt he on the list.He would win it all.

Well I thought about putting Rickson and Mike Tyson on the list,but I wanted to make it a little more interesting in a lot of aspects.

While I do agree everyone that loves MMA should know the name Helio Gracie,I think the sport has entered the masses and people are watching without being educated.Which is perfectly fine.If I watch a baseball game or a boxing match I can't tell you all the ends and outs of those sports.In MMA,the fans are so used to the sport being underground,and used to only the hardcore elite fans watching.Now their are alot more fans coming into our beloved sport that may not know as much about Mixed Martial Arts as your average NHB buff.I think it's the duty of the old school fans to educated anyone willing to listen.This sport has an amazing and rich history.I would hate for future fans to not take part in learning about this sports amazing past
We_Todd_Did
9/2/07 7:28:17PM
Educate yourselves...

Hirokazu Kanazawa

Mas Oyama

Morihei Ueshiba

Yip Man

Helio Gracie

Personally, I think Mas "Godhand" Oyama would win this one, based mostly on a clear strength advantage, as well as a freakish dedication to training.His training is truly the stuff of legends.

No offense to the uneducated, but fame shouldn't downplay or override the accomplishments of these guys.
ncordless
9/2/07 8:05:10PM
1. If the stories of Oyama striking bulls dead with one punch are true, then I would give the fighter who truly took on 300 opponents vs. the one who did it in "Enter the Dragon"

2. Have you ever seen Akido? Helio would've loved this fight just to prove a style as impractical. Helio by domination.

3. Wing Chun Kung Fu is a beautiful martial art. That being said, Benny the Jet and his kickboxing would win.

4. Shokotan Karate just isn't realistic enough to have a chance against the greatest Heavy weight boxer of all time. Ali by KO

Oyama v. Helio- unless Oyama gets lucky and catches Helio with the ole' bull killer before this fight goes to the ground, Helio would doninate the way he dominated every other Karate master.

Benny the Jet v. Ali- Legkicks... if Benny lands them before having his face caved in he wins... but I think if Ali was ready for them he could get outta the way and take the win.

Helio v. Ali- Helio would take the fight to the ground and choke Ali out.

Here is a fight I wish we could've seen... Rickson v. Dan Gable. Teach Gable some sub defense and this fight would be a classic.