Toughest Fighters on the Planet! (MMA actually gets some love)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Toughest Fighters on the Planet! (MMA actually gets some love)
grappler0000
9/12/08 3:02:28PM
I just happened upon this on Comcast's website...at least they're good for something. It's actually a decent list, considering there's a blend of boxers and MMA fighters. Usually these lists are all boxers with the 1 token MMA fighter (such as Anderson or Fedor), so I was pleasantly surprised.

Link
Bowen50
9/12/08 3:08:13PM
great to see MMA getting a lot of respect in there. some of the spots i didn't agree with but it was nice to see a good amount of MMA fighters on that list.
nickcuc547
9/12/08 3:18:51PM
that was a good read, all the guys up there are pretty sick, both boxers and mma fighters.
Twenty20Dollars
9/12/08 3:32:08PM
Faber!
Jackelope
9/12/08 3:57:06PM
Rashad Evans... HAH!

Glad to see Pacquiao and Mayorga made the list, too. Both tough SOB's. Would have liked to have seen Clottey, too.
Bowen50
9/12/08 3:59:17PM

Posted by Jackelope

Rashad Evans... HAH!

yeah i thought the same thing. but i just realized....where's Wanderlei
Bumpy
9/12/08 4:08:56PM
Thats what i thought when i seen Evans. It is nice to see more than one mma on the list.
pv3Hpv3p
9/12/08 4:16:30PM
Good list overall... But I have to disagree with putting Anderson as #1....

I thought he was completely deserving of the "badest man on the planet" title, but to me the "toughest" fighter out there has to put to the test and maybe even be losing and pull the win out with heart and will instead of skill itself...

personally I would have put Big Nog, Margarito, Forrest, Pacquiao, And Wanderlei would have rounded out my top five... Not sure it that would be the exact order though
holt8081
9/12/08 5:07:32PM
ya that list seems good exept for rashad, he is rideing a huge wave of LUCK
jimmypockets
9/12/08 7:02:43PM
Ha Ha Ha a huge wave of luck...... He is also riding a wave of athleticism, speed, and power. Still upset Evans knocked out Liddell I guess. I agree he may not be the toughest though. I personally don't really see Anderson Silva being the toughest fighter in the world. When I think of toughest fighters I think of guys like Big Nog that can take punishment forever and still keep coming.
Jackelope
9/12/08 7:08:33PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Good list overall... But I have to disagree with putting Anderson as #1....

I thought he was completely deserving of the "badest man on the planet" title, but to me the "toughest" fighter out there has to put to the test and maybe even be losing and pull the win out with heart and will instead of skill itself...

personally I would have put Big Nog, Margarito, Forrest, Pacquiao, And Wanderlei would have rounded out my top five... Not sure it that would be the exact order though

Can't believe I forgot to mention Margarito who DEFINITELY deserves to be on that list and gladly was

Anyway, I agree that Anderson hasn't been hit enough times to be thought of as "toughest fighter on the planet"
hodge
9/13/08 6:04:03AM
Yeah Rashad Evans really shouldnt be in that list especially with the absence of Wanderlei
jiujitsufreak74
9/13/08 1:03:49PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Jackelope

Rashad Evans... HAH!

yeah i thought the same thing. but i just realized....where's Wanderlei

you can't expect them to put him on the list if they aren't true fans of MMA. i say this because at a glance, losing 3 of your last 4 fights isn't going to help you convince casual fans you are a top fighter.
Aether
9/14/08 9:01:51AM
It would've made more sense to call the list "best fighters on the planet" because when I think "tough" I think "able to absorb punishment and keep going." Guys like Forrest, Fedor, Torres, Nog, BJ are all incredibly tough. Nog would probably be my #1 if we're talking straight toughness.

It's still a cool list, and I agree Rashad has no business being on there. Whether you want to call his wins luck or not I don't think anyone can argue that the guy is in the top 25 toughest/most skilled fighters on the planet by any means. I was surprised, there might actually have been more MMA fighters than boxers overall.