My toughest fight to call on the UFC 82 card, Leben vs Legionarious

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » My toughest fight to call on the UFC 82 card, Leben vs Legionarious
POLL: Can Leben beat a much bigger opponent in Legionarios?
Leben ko 58% (30)
Leben dec 8% (4)
Sakara ko 21% (11)
sakara dec 2% (1)
close 12% (6)
seanfu
2/24/08 5:29:33PM
This ones killing me, I see Leben winning by a second round desecration but then again against the really big Terry Martin he was besicly out. I see Leben winning but it's still like 60/40 to me. What're your thoughts on Lebens improved standup game vs a guy whos probably 10 pounds heavier after weigh ins are done?

hotrodttt
2/24/08 5:39:00PM
Yeah I'm going with Chris due to the fact that Alessio doesn't do good against fighters who can punch with him and take his shots and Chris has a Great Chin. We saw this against Drew McFedries and Houston Alexander. Even in his fights that happend a couple years ago we saw him struggle against Assuerio Silva and Roman Zentsov who are fighters with Great Chins and that are Good Punchers. I see Chris catching Sakara with a huge left in the 2nd Round.
bullettdodger
2/24/08 5:52:16PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Yeah I'm going with Chris due to the fact that Alessio doesn't do good against fighters who can punch with him and take his shots and Chris has a Great Chin. We saw this against Drew McFedries and Houston Alexander. Even in his fights that happend a couple years ago we saw him struggle against Assuerio Silva and Roman Zentsov who are fighters with Great Chins and that are Good Punchers. I see Chris catching Sakara with a huge left in the 2nd Round.

I agree, but im just wondering how good his chin is after Anderson messed him up real good, he could be scared to stand and trade, like i mean mentally he might not all be there, and when Leben isn't mentally on he usually loses. Its like before he stopped drinking and focused on fighting, he was in it. I think Leben can take it cause we all know that Sakara doesn't do so well under adversity (people who want to trade)... but i think Sakara can surprise the lot of us with a win... that being said, shit i don't know who im going to pick come saturday
Franklinfan47
2/24/08 9:41:24PM

Posted by hotrodttt

100%, Sakara is inconsistant and Lebens got a great chin
Aaronno9
2/24/08 9:46:27PM
I wish theyd put bisping against leben, thatd be alot more of an interesting fight to me. Sucks for sakara that he drops and gets a guy whos tough as hell, and mike drops and gets sombody who im sure the ufc just think of as a can. I agree with most of you though, i think this fight comes down to chins, lebens is solid, sakaras not so. Chris also has the advantage of being able to take it to the ground if hes getting overwhelmed in the stand up. Although itd be pretty unlike chris to go for a takedown even id he is just about to be k.o'd.
ToeZup
2/24/08 9:51:41PM
I agree Leben's chin is solid. If Sakara can't put together some combos and hack Leben down then I don't think Sakara's chin could keep up with Leben's pace of punches.
gravy13
2/25/08 4:24:55PM
Leben is always a tough pick for me. I go back and forth with this guy. Sometimes I don't like him as a fighter and then out of nowhere he impresses me. He seems really hot and cold to me.

I'm picking Leben to take this one by KO or TKO by the end of the second round. I'm pretty sure his standup will be too overwhelming for Alessio.
Kpro
2/25/08 4:39:43PM
I was leaning towards Leben until I looked at how some fighters fare their first time fighting in a divison 20 pounds lighter; and then it was Leben hands down.

I'll wait to see how Sakara handles the drop to 185 before I pick him against anyone.
Pookie
2/25/08 4:47:19PM

Posted by Kpro

I was leaning towards Leben until I looked at how some fighters fare their first time fighting in a divison 20 pounds lighter; and then it was Leben hands down.

I'll wait to see how Sakara handles the drop to 185 before I pick him against anyone.

That was my rationale as well.
tylerlee123
2/25/08 5:10:42PM
I got no doubt that Leben will walk away with the KO, Ive been watching Leben since his TUF days and on that night when he fought Terry Martin, he was a totally different fighter
tberg420
2/25/08 5:15:44PM
Leben by 1st Round KO..Sakara's last win came because the guy got injured and Leben's new patient style will work wonders in this fight.
Lay_N_Pray
2/25/08 8:14:31PM
I also had trouble in the beginning but then I looked at some of Legionarious' past fights and it was clear Leben has to be the choice.

Chin: Leben
Striking: Leben (more power than Alessio)
Defense: Leben (Not the old version, but the new one is much more patient)

Those three things is all he will need for this fight, I highly doubt this one hits the mat and if it does...who the hell knows, neither is that good in that realm.

Leben by 2nd or 1st rd KO is the way to go
bls1919
2/26/08 9:20:44PM
IMO Sakara has been a big disapointment as of late. I see Leben crushing him with a big left
candynuts
2/26/08 10:08:16PM
Chin: Leben
Power: Leben
185 lb experience: Leben

Inkwork: Sakara

I got Sakara..... he has good standup technique, and not too bad on the ground (I think a brown belt in BJJ) hopefully Sakara will win this.
mrliquid
2/26/08 10:35:36PM
I think Sakara is awsome very dangerous fighter loves to throw but im taking Leben on this one he wont get weary of Sakaras striking I dont think he will back down at all he will push the stand up game and ko sakara in the 2nd
CornishMMA
2/27/08 8:02:35AM
Cant believe nobody has mentioned the real issue in this fight - The Tattoos

Sakara has more but now Chris may have more actual Ink on him, in his last fight he had a new one that hadnt been filled in, i think it was an eagle on his left arm, hopefully that is filled in and looking sick, if so he will definatelty win