how tough is mark boceck

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » how tough is mark boceck
nickcuc547
4/20/08 12:25:13PM
i gained a lot of respect for him, i didn't see his fight with edgar, but he is a tough s.o.b. he took a pounding, kept coming and made a fight out of it, i cant wait to see him back again.
bullettdodger
4/20/08 12:27:38PM
Boceck is GAME, he was relentless during punishment, and he deny'd Danzig the (T)KO he wanted so badly. Definitively picking him in his next fight.
juanez13
4/20/08 12:28:27PM
dont think they'll keep him in the UFC, i'd say they send him over to the WEC. Tough guy , defenately have respect for him.
mikevolz
4/20/08 12:54:59PM
he broke frank edgars nose and gave him a concussion in their fight. in the 2 punches he landed.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/20/08 12:56:07PM
dude is a warrior , he has my respect.
Playground_Samurai
4/20/08 1:52:10PM
Agreed. Boceck is game and always comes prepared to fight. Way more respectful to lose the way he did, as opposed to the way Starnes earned his L.

And not trying to jack your thread or whatever, but while we're on the subject of being impressed by a loser of a fight last night I have to bring up Ed Herman. The last time he lost by submission to "The Athlete", he said in the post fight interview that he should have just went to sleep instead of tapping like a bitch. Well, he lived up to his word and went to sleep last night. Maybe not the smartest move, but you gotta respect that.
mrkennedy
4/20/08 1:56:36PM
IMO he win another fight in the ufc
jgtribbett
4/20/08 2:04:43PM
i say... bocek vs jason black.. that'd be ugly
bullettdodger
4/20/08 3:08:46PM

Posted by jgtribbett

i say... bocek vs jason black.. that'd be ugly

i like that matchup, has the potential to be a real barn burner
nickcuc547
4/20/08 3:40:02PM

Posted by gspfan

Agreed. Boceck is game and always comes prepared to fight. Way more respectful to lose the way he did, as opposed to the way Starnes earned his L.

And not trying to jack your thread or whatever, but while we're on the subject of being impressed by a loser of a fight last night I have to bring up Ed Herman. The last time he lost by submission to "The Athlete", he said in the post fight interview that he should have just went to sleep instead of tapping like a bitch. Well, he lived up to his word and went to sleep last night. Maybe not the smartest move, but you gotta respect that.

ya i like herman, he will never be more than a b level fighter but he is a tough guy who always brings it, that sub defense is going to keep him from being a contender.
MMA
4/20/08 3:48:50PM
I think the only person that really respected Mark's game was Danzig himself. During his pre-fight interview he kept saying that this was a tough fight for him and that he wouldn't underestimate him.

Major props though, the fight was entertaining and the dude kept coming even after being badly punished.
Rush
4/20/08 5:59:01PM
I liked Bocek before he even fought in the UFC. Even though he lost 2 of his 3 UFC fights, after last night I can't see how the UFC will not invite him back.

Danzig also had some kind post-fight words regarding Bocek, which was good.
Mchubb316
4/20/08 6:02:24PM
I don't see why the UFC wouldnt bring Bocek back. He is a tough guy and puts up a good fight. Danzig is gonna be tough at 155. I would rather see Bocek stand in there and fight his heart out than run away to avoid being hit.
JBatch
4/20/08 6:21:06PM
I was more than impressed with the guy. He demonstrated the heart of a warrior and gave Dana what he wanted to see and thats why I think he will be back. I loved when they were showing the decision and Bocek looked to be crying tears of blood.
Bushido
4/20/08 8:15:15PM
That was the first time I remember seeing this cat fight and man he hung in there. I want to see him back. He had me wondering if he would pull out the upset over Mac.
Aether
4/20/08 9:55:37PM
He actually had Mac in trouble in a lot of the standup exchanges, and until he was completely gassed in the third I actually thought he was more dangerous on his feet than Danzig was. I thought it was insane of Danzig to give his back up for the same reason, dude looked dangerous and letting him stand back up was not a good idea. I'm pretty sure we'll see more of Bocek. As much as I disagree with a lot of what Dana does he rewards exciting fighters win or lose, gotta respect that.
mrsmiley
4/20/08 10:27:46PM
IMHO,Bocek vs Danzig was fight of the night.Every so often I see a bout that reminds me of just how far this sport has come.This was one of those fights.These guys displayed great skill and heart through the whole fight.

BTW,is Bocek in the same weight class as Alberto Crane?I would love to see those two battle it out!
AchillesHeel
4/21/08 10:11:32AM
I'm on board. I thought Danzig would handle him, but he made it a fight.