TORRES IS READY TO SHUT MAYWEATHER UP

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TORRES IS READY TO SHUT MAYWEATHER UP
emfleek
7/28/09 8:44:20AM
WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres is looking for a fight, and it's nothing against his current opponent, Brian Bowles, but he believes a boxing champion needs to step up and compete in the true fighting art before he smack talks a sport that is sweeping the world.

Recently, former pound-for-pound boxing king Floyd Mayweather Jr., in an interview with CBS Sports, hounded the sport of MMA saying it was for "beer drinkers" and the reason the sport was created was because "there's no white fighters in boxing that's dominating." Torres, who proudly hails from a Hispanic background, is ready to prove Mayweather wrong and he's ready any time, any place.

STORY
SmileR
7/28/09 11:09:07AM
As long as Torres went in with the mentality that this is a MMA match and wasn't trying to KO Mayweather this is his fight to lose. Mayweather is just trying to drum up interest in his dwindling career.
He'll never step foot in a MMA cage and I doubt he'd last more than a few minutes if he did.
KaibaThedon
7/28/09 12:35:59PM
Mayweather has crawled into his hole, tail tucked between his legs.

Typical. Talk smack, can't back it up. Run and hide.
Aether
7/28/09 1:49:19PM
in unrelated news:

MAYWEATHER IS READY TO SHUT UP.
LogicalDreams
7/28/09 3:19:16PM
I would love to watch this.
imanidiot777
7/28/09 3:58:14PM
Considering that Mayweather is the one who came out dissing MMA, and Torres did not come out dissing boxing, Mayweather should prove how bad MMA is and step into the cage for the fight I'd say, if it is so much worse and it is for beer drinkers. And what's wrong with beer Floyd?
moob
7/31/09 1:10:41PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Considering that Mayweather is the one who came out dissing MMA, and Torres did not come out dissing boxing, Mayweather should prove how bad MMA is and step into the cage for the fight I'd say, if it is so much worse and it is for beer drinkers. And what's wrong with beer Floyd?

Torres should come into the cage swigging a Bud then proceed to take Mayweather apart.