torres/beebe *spoiler*

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » torres/beebe *spoiler*
jomatty
2/14/08 7:44:27AM
how good did torres is ground game look? i mean rhani yahya had beebe in some really bad positions and couldnt sub him and the second it hit the ground it looked like it was only a matter of time before he torres would catch him. that trasition from anaconda choke to guillotine was so slick...

anyhow, i really dont know much about the guy. he is one of those guys that ive heard mentioned for years but never really seen fight much or anything. does anyone know what his bjj credentials are or anything else about him. he has about as exciting a guard game as i can remember seeing in mma for awhile.
stock
2/14/08 9:02:28AM

Posted by jomatty

how good did torres is ground game look? i mean rhani yahya had beebe in some really bad positions and couldnt sub him and the second it hit the ground it looked like it was only a matter of time before he torres would catch him. that trasition from anaconda choke to guillotine was so slick...

anyhow, i really dont know much about the guy. he is one of those guys that ive heard mentioned for years but never really seen fight much or anything. does anyone know what his bjj credentials are or anything else about him. he has about as exciting a guard game as i can remember seeing in mma for awhile.

The question is, when hasn't Torres' ground game looked good. I see him keeping the bantam belt for some time.
wolfman
2/14/08 11:21:09AM

Posted by jomatty

Miguel is a product of Carlson Gracie and has a black belt in BJJ. I am not positive on that he is a black belt, but I know for a fact that he trains with Carlson Gracie. Stephan Bonnar has trained with Miguel to fine tune his jiu jitsu, the kid is the real deal. I still wished I would have picked him to beat Beebe, but like most people I thought Beebe's sub defense would have prevailed. Miguel is too slick.
jomatty
2/14/08 4:58:40PM

Posted by stock

Posted by jomatty

The question is, when hasn't Torres' ground game looked good. I see him keeping the bantam belt for some time.

i certainly wasnt implying that it ever didnt look good, just that it looked really good tonight. the two times ive seen him fight it looked great, i just havent seen much of him.