Tonights TUF

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Tonights TUF
NatedawgThaM
11/21/07 10:11:32PM
I don't know if I can post it on the UFC section since it might be a spoiler since in other countries can't view yet or some crazy stuff like that I just saw this and it pissed me off...

Hughes is coaching Serras guy but Serra ain't gonna coach his guy against the guy Hughes is coaching? This is BS.

I hate Serra now. I use to think the same about Hughes with him but the WHOLE SHOW it's been nothing but him ripping on Hughes and Hughes I don't think has said one thing bad about Serra!

Serra pisses me off. I now officially hate him. It's not like these guys are his family. Why can't he coach him? It's so stupid. I feel so stupid for even watching this episode now
tuvok500
11/21/07 11:49:55PM
Welcome to the club of Serra's haters man !! LOL

i really want to see him literally being humiliate against Hughes !!!

NatedawgThaM
11/22/07 12:02:26AM
The guy goes on about how Hughes is a dick and some stuck up jock from High School. But Hughes hasn't said any really bad words about the guy the way Serra does about Hughes. I think tonight that was the worse Hughes ever bashed Serra and all he really said was he's unprofessional. Then Serra wants to walk around like a victim or something.

Glad to be in the club. I hope Hughes pounds him the hell out in any way,shape, or form...

Serra=
postman
11/22/07 1:00:38AM
If I was Rude boy I would have told Aroyo to get out you are not training with us. I also don't understand how you have the chance to learn from two great coaches and you don't take the chance. They keep talking about how they have been together for 4 weeks dude you can't form that great of a relationship in a month one on one let alone in a group with 7 other guys.

On another note George didn't look that great I hope Mac or tommy beats his ass. It would be so cool if Mac and Tommy made it to the finals. Hughes would be lovin that. I think Serra is going to really want to put them against one another but then his two guys would have to fight so I doubt he will do it now.
cmill21
11/22/07 1:10:03AM
I don't think Serra has control anymore. I think they said he only gets to pick the quarters. I am not impressed with George, I thought richie was going to take it lol, coulden't take him down the first time, I can't imagin how bad mac will stuff him. His stand up was sloppy and all he does is jab if your throwing back, so that makes me think he wants no part it standing and banging with someone.
NatedawgThaM
11/22/07 2:26:14AM
I don't see George making it to the finals unless he fights his own teammate. Tommy and Mac have good enough ground games to compete with George. I see both Mac and Tommy winning 2 round decisions. Tommy by GNP and Mac by stuffing and picking apart on the feet and having control on the ground.

I can't wait for next week. Jared vs. Koppenhaven is ON! I'm siked to see if anybody gets kicked out or gets hit! Next week should be bad ass. The house crap and the Tommy/Ben fight should be great!!!
ChokeUout
11/22/07 2:59:58AM
With Serra, I gave him his respect when he beat GSP, but like a week after that he had something like 5 interviews out, and in every one he was saying something like "Hughes is a dick, Hughes is an asshole, hughes is a jerk off", and I lost all reespect for him after that because that's not how a champ acts. If he's gonna say "I think hughes has a weak stand up games and has no chance against me" then at LEAST it'd be on a professional basis. But he went around calling him obscene childish names on national TV, and In a couple interviews even made fun of him for working on a farm. Ignorant namecalling and ripping on a persons lifestyle isn't what I expect from a champion.

I figured We'd get the same thing on TUF 6, but I NEVER thought on Every friggen episode we'd hear "hughes is a dick" "What a dick" and of course "IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR TAKING A TINKLE, A**HOLE!". ANd ripping on him with the Matt hughes impression in front of his team is just childish. I think he's a better coach than hughes, and Hughes might not be known as the nicest guy, but he carrys hiumself as a champion, and if he's gonna talk bad about someone, it's about their style in regards to a fight, not "gradeschool name-calling." IT's like serra has some wierd obsession with hughes, kinda creepy.

Anyways, that's why I would giggle like a school girl if we see Tommy and Mac in the finals, and then see Hughes destroy serra at UFC 79. And I Think both are possibilities, especially after seeing George tonight, I think TOmmy could take him. (Anyone hear how hard George was breathing in that fight tonight?"
Plus, I think hughes is too strong for serra and will win by one of many ways.

So yeah, and I join your guys' "I hate Matt Serra" club too?
cmill21
11/22/07 9:20:12AM

Posted by ChokeUout

With Serra, I gave him his respect when he beat GSP, but like a week after that he had something like 5 interviews out, and in every one he was saying something like "Hughes is a dick, Hughes is an asshole, hughes is a jerk off", and I lost all reespect for him after that because that's not how a champ acts. If he's gonna say "I think hughes has a weak stand up games and has no chance against me" then at LEAST it'd be on a professional basis. But he went around calling him obscene childish names on national TV, and In a couple interviews even made fun of him for working on a farm. Ignorant namecalling and ripping on a persons lifestyle isn't what I expect from a champion.

I figured We'd get the same thing on TUF 6, but I NEVER thought on Every friggen episode we'd hear "hughes is a dick" "What a dick" and of course "IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR TAKING A TINKLE, A**HOLE!". ANd ripping on him with the Matt hughes impression in front of his team is just childish. I think he's a better coach than hughes, and Hughes might not be known as the nicest guy, but he carrys hiumself as a champion, and if he's gonna talk bad about someone, it's about their style in regards to a fight, not "gradeschool name-calling." IT's like serra has some wierd obsession with hughes, kinda creepy.

Anyways, that's why I would giggle like a school girl if we see Tommy and Mac in the finals, and then see Hughes destroy serra at UFC 79. And I Think both are possibilities, especially after seeing George tonight, I think TOmmy could take him. (Anyone hear how hard George was breathing in that fight tonight?"
Plus, I think hughes is too strong for serra and will win by one of many ways.

So yeah, and I join your guys' "I hate Matt Serra" club too?

I've been in this club since I watched him on TUF 4, I coulden't stand his voice, his cornering, his talking back to his corner when he was fighting. What happend with him and GSP also didn't help, and I'm still a little pissed at GSP for not coming to fight
Jackelope
11/23/07 4:45:35PM
I was actually impressed with George's ground game. He looked like he was methodically approaching his ground game. His standup was way worse than I thought it was going to be, but watch his ground game again. He just kept working around and around like a clock ultimately going for north/south position. He knew the kimura was the way to beat Richie (as was discussed before the fight) and as soon as I saw that left leg pass Richie's head I knew he was F'd. Richie put up a decent fight, but a little patience and sticking to the game plan can work wonders in BJJ. Great job on George's part. A little BJJ appreciation would be appreciated here, folks!

Anyway Hughes has said something stupid about Serra. Calling him a "meat head" in one episode. Not that I care much. I like both coaches in their own respects, but I do agree that Serra has taken the shit talking to new heights. I really think he's screwed when and if he does fight Hughes.

Point being-

1) Yes, sometimes Serra is an idiot. But overall that's just the way he is.

2) Hughes has said some things as well, but definitely nothing on the level
Serra has.

3) Hughes is and always will be a professional, which is why he fairly cornered Serra's guys and also why he did the same thing in TUF 2.

4) I understand Serra's dislike for coaching against his guys, but this is a JOB, and these guys are there for their careers, not for friendships.

5) Serra's guys are idiots for not taking the opportunity to train with one of the greatest champions in UFC history. Nevermind that personal crap!! What the hell were these guys thinking? I'd kill for a week of training with Hughes! Or even a UFC champ that I don't like!!!!!!!

Rush
11/23/07 4:54:46PM
The two guys that were to be cornered by Hughes (from Serra's team) were foolish to not train with Hughes up to their fight.

At this point the team concept is gone and I'm sure both of them could've gotten some good advice. Ironically, they should've given the speech to their own team saying that they were doing what was in their best interest and that nothing was personal.