Tonights episode of Tapout?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tonights episode of Tapout?
Mchubb316
9/18/08 2:11:27AM
If you watched tonights episode of Tapout, you would notice the criticism of Jeremy Horn from the Tapout crew. Do you agree with them? I don't know all the details when training with someone like Horn, but they put quite a bit of blame on him for the fighters performance. Thoughts?
emfleek
9/19/08 1:11:53PM

Posted by Mchubb316

If you watched tonights episode of Tapout, you would notice the criticism of Jeremy Horn from the Tapout crew. Do you agree with them? I don't know all the details when training with someone like Horn, but they put quite a bit of blame on him for the fighters performance. Thoughts?

It's hard telling. We all know that the show is edited for a "storyline" but it reaaaaally surprised me that Marx wasn't trying to slap the guy's feet to the side to avoid upkicks. I would think (and I don't train so I can't be 100% sure) that doing so would be one of the first things you learn.

Also...with a little BJJ coaching from the corner, I don't think he would've left his arm in for the triangle when he was in the guy's guard. I really couldn't hear whether or not his corner was yelling him to pull his arm out or not but you'd think that if Horn was in his corner (and I know he couldn't be) then he would've recognized it right away and possibly warned the guy.

However...Horn *was* getting ready for his own fight. When your trainer is also a fighter, you have to expect that he's going to miss some of your training in order to train for his own fights.
haggiswashere
9/22/08 5:48:04PM
the guys from tapout only come for the last week of the fighter getting ready. Horn had been training with his guy before that. The only disadvantage was that horn couldn't corner his guy because he was running the event. I loved how the tapout guys are so anti utah. Utah isn't like how it is portrayed in the movies and shit. Marilyn Manson concerts sell out here too lol. granted its not as bad as other places its not completely filled with stuck up snobby people who freak out about someone with tattoos like they were saying either.