What is going on tonight!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What is going on tonight!!!
saemskin
4/2/08 8:36:45PM
These bullcrap premature stoppages are losing all my money!

Houston Alexander was stunned but that shot, there's no denying it. He took a couple of heavy blows, but he was not out. He stood right up, was not wobbly at all. What the friggin hell.

Now Karo gets stopped by a couple punches that weren't even hurting him because he had his damn hands wrapped around his head!

to Steve Mazagatti
to that new girly looking ref...
skinnator
4/2/08 8:40:45PM
what about parysian loosing. I lost some bucks too. What Crappy results
Copenhagen
4/2/08 8:41:48PM
This makes me mad so much. Seeing Karo get knocked down the welter weight ladder from what I think was a premature stop is sick to see. Guess we won't be seeing Karo get a title shot anytime soon.
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/08 9:25:18PM
Houston was really out, he went limp like the chuck vs rampage 2 fight, just like chuck houston went limp and popped right back up.

Im sure the karo, thiago fight could have went longed but i still think it would have been stopped still. But i dont like karo anyways. THIAGO!
saemskin
4/2/08 10:09:31PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Houston was really out, he went limp like the chuck vs rampage 2 fight, just like chuck houston went limp and popped right back up.

Im sure the karo, thiago fight could have went longed but i still think it would have been stopped still. But i dont like karo anyways. THIAGO!

I disagree. I paid very close attention to the several replays because I was pissed about the stoppage. Houston did not go limp. Him being out is debatable of course and none of use can truely know that, but you cannot say he was limp in any sense of the word, look at his body again, he was trying to sit up the entire time.
kevietre
4/2/08 10:26:55PM
Even if it wasn't stopped Houston would have just gotten punched once, twice, or three times more and then it would have been stopped.

Idk what happened with Houston he just wasn't concentrating.
Rush
4/2/08 10:54:20PM
Karo's was not a premature stoppage. He collapsed after taking a knee.

THEN

Thiago landed three clean shots that were not blocked, one more questionable shot and then the fifth shot went off the shoulder.

It was a good stoppage and Karo showed no class after it was over. Booo Karo.
silverbullet
4/2/08 11:07:14PM

Posted by Rush

Karo's was not a premature stoppage. He collapsed after taking a knee.

THEN

Thiago landed three clean shots that were not blocked, one more questionable shot and then the fifth shot went off the shoulder.

It was a good stoppage and Karo showed no class after it was over. Booo Karo.

I don't think he landed ONE clean shot, i'm not sure which fight you were watching. Thiago kept hitting his shoulder. All and all it was a good stoppage.

I didn't watch the Houston fight, but it was a good stoppage because it earned me some $$$
Mayhem13
4/2/08 11:37:45PM
Houston was out I think...It was a good stoppage imo.

Karo defiantely went down after the knee...but I dont hink he was ever out..he was trying to block the shots of Thiago...and none of them seemed to land real solid..I dunno..that one was close..
cmill21
4/2/08 11:56:23PM
Houston's was a good stoppage for sure. I thought every stoppage tonight was warrented. Karo wen't down like he was shot and then ate some shots, and Boetsch wasn't moving. Houston was done and he would have just kept getting put back asleep like Chuck did against Rampage, they seem to wake up and get KO'd and wake up.
WhiteWidow
4/3/08 1:36:57AM

Posted by saemskin

These bullcrap premature stoppages are losing all my money!

Houston Alexander was stunned but that shot, there's no denying it. He took a couple of heavy blows, but he was not out. He stood right up, was not wobbly at all. What the friggin hell.

Now Karo gets stopped by a couple punches that weren't even hurting him because he had his damn hands wrapped around his head!

to Steve Mazagatti
to that new girly looking ref...

karo was out on his feet then barely gained consciousness, even if he wasnt KO'd 100% he was going to be out after alves would have hit him in the face a couple more times, he was rocked dont complain just becasue you didnt pick alves come on, lets see you do better, if ppl got there ways ppl would die in the cage i guess

houston was clearly out as well with his arms flailing around at the end, another great stoppage by the ref, and hey i got this one wrong and im not bitching, he was out cold, period, again do you want these ppl to die in the cage? show some respect for the refs who care about safety
Ordep
4/3/08 2:19:16AM

IMO - Both stoppages were good ones.

Also that "girly looking ref" as you called him, did a really good job IMO. He stayed away in the Maynard-Edgar fight and did a good job standing up and stopping later the Hammill-Boetsch fight.
mrliquid
4/3/08 9:12:57AM
Houston was out man that superman punch was on target and I was very dissapointed in Karo he looked like shit he isn't known for his conditioning but he looked really out of shape I think he could have continued if he would have grabbed him or pulled guard but he wasn't defending himself at all so I could see why the ref stopped it but I was very impressed with Nate cause he was getting punched and elbowed for 2 rounds straight untill he caught that triangle, very impressed with Gray I knew he could beat Edgar he was just way to strong for him and his striking has improved a shit load since TUF but over all a dissapointing night for my picks.
Rush
4/3/08 10:43:29AM

Posted by silverbullet

I don't think he landed ONE clean shot, i'm not sure which fight you were watching. Thiago kept hitting his shoulder. All and all it was a good stoppage.

You can count them if you want. Look where his arms are and watch his head move with each hit.

AchillesHeel
4/3/08 11:22:42AM
I thought all of the stoppages were warranted. I'm not sure of the actual rules, but imho, a fighter doesn't necessarily need to be out cold to warrant the stop (that's why there's a "T" in "TKO"). As I understand it, if a fighter is clearly about to be clubbed into next week, it's over.

The one fight that people aren't complaining about was Kenny Florian's win over Joe Lauzon, and I agree that there was nothing to dispute. Lauzon wasn't particularly hurt, he wasn't unconscious, he was defending himself... and he was getting his butt handed to him. The ref was, imho, perfectly correct to declare Florian the winner without making Florian actually bludgeon Lauzon into a puddle of goo.

So I give Mazzagatti a for shaving the 'stache, but a for his refereeing.

And I like Karo Parisyan less and less every time I see him.
Salty
4/3/08 12:29:27PM
yea, karo and alexander were out, no questions asked, they got dropped and didn't defend themselves from the followup strikes, it doesn't matter that huston was trying to situp he still took a few shots without protecting himself, looks like a (T)KO to me, and karo dropped like a ton of bricks, I would've stopped it right there too.... and in the lauzon fight, im pretty sure you can hear herb dean say "Fight back or else im stopping it" right before he calls the fight, while i was upset that joe lost he put on a good fight and was defending himself the whole time, the guys on Team Aggression will just have to push him harder when he comes back home to train before heading back out to hawaii...
bls1919
4/3/08 6:29:47PM
i didnt have a problem with either of these stoppages. Going into turtle mode isnt an intelegent defense, Karo. And Houston was out if you look close his body goes stifff after the second punch on the ground.
EDIT: Holy shit i almost forgot about Tomy Speer, now that is getiing KTFO
Pookie
4/3/08 7:04:21PM
i agreed with every stoppage tonight, with Lauzon vs. florian being the least warranted IMO, but still that should have been stopped too.