Tommy Morrison

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tommy Morrison
POLL: wat will become of Tommy Morrison?
mma superstar 0% (0)
contender 0% (0)
decent 0% (0)
good but not good enough 7% (1)
no chance 47% (7)
will never fight in mma again 47% (7)
chuck-da-iceman
6/11/07 8:41:48PM
hey what has up with the tommy morrison debut does anyone no what happen that practitcly made it a bonified boxing math with mma gloves. Well watever happened does u guys think morrison has a accual shot at being a decent mma fighter or he has no chance
xthe_scottx
6/11/07 8:55:54PM
Well, since his fight didn't allow kicks, elbows, knees, or takedowns it was a really a modified boxing match. He has shown that he has no interest in learning any other aspect of MMA besides boxing and the whole deal with the HIV controversy leads me to believe he will never fight in a MMA fight (you can't really consider this last fight a MMA fight).
chuck-da-iceman
6/12/07 8:34:39AM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Well, since his fight didn't allow kicks, elbows, knees, or takedowns it was a really a modified boxing match. He has shown that he has no interest in learning any other aspect of MMA besides boxing and the whole deal with the HIV controversy leads me to believe he will never fight in a MMA fight (you can't really consider this last fight a MMA fight).

you got a good point there but do u no y Morrisons fight was modified. Was it because of him or the Athletic Commision that they fought in or was it all morrisons doing.
cowcatcher
6/12/07 10:51:32AM
according to his opponent after the fight it was all tommy's doing. i dont remember where i read it but to sum it up the guy said tommy doesnt want to fight mma he just wants a paycheck, and also mentioned that his best chance going into the fight was to take tommy down and tie him into a pretzel.
SteedTheDeed
6/13/07 3:41:31AM
fighting in MMA with no ground fighting, he is not ready for MMA.
xthe_scottx
6/13/07 6:12:09PM

Posted by chuck-da-iceman

Posted by xthe_scottx

you got a good point there but do u no y Morrisons fight was modified. Was it because of him or the Athletic Commision that they fought in or was it all morrisons doing.

As cowcatcher said, the rules were modified because Morrison wanted them to be. Also, the commission wasn't involved in this fight. It was held on a indian reservation and was unsanctioned which was strange since if he really wanted to prove he didn't have HIV, getting this sanctioned would have been the way to do it.
Stickan
6/13/07 7:41:16PM
sorry guys to repost my own post but IMO it pretty much sums it up.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
szucconi
6/13/07 10:22:53PM
I want to vote for the "will never fight in MMA" option. This was not an MMA match.
SteedTheDeed
6/16/07 4:43:58AM
he will never be even decent, hes done before he started.