Tommy Gunn vs Mason Dixon

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Tommy Gunn vs Mason Dixon
POLL: Machine vs The Line
Tommy "Machine" Gunn 47% (8)
Mason "The Line" Dixon 53% (9)
hammerhead1
7/28/13 11:25:53PM
The last "Rocky" dream fight lol just want to hear others opinions on these cuz its interesting to see what others have to say!
sparky
7/29/13 12:06:21AM
Dixon would of been to fast and technical for Gunn
Poor_Franklin
7/29/13 12:26:36AM
Dixon via domination!
DeadHead988
7/29/13 2:21:08AM
As an avid Rocky fan, I like to just pretend that Rocky V didn't happen.
postman
7/29/13 9:40:15AM

Posted by DeadHead988

As an avid Rocky fan, I like to just pretend that Rocky V didn't happen.

Not the shinning star we would all love it to be.
Svartorm
7/29/13 2:07:49PM
Considering they were both played by real boxers who fought in the same style, it's an easy one. Dixon was a thinking man's fighter and would easily avoid Gun's ridiculous power for an eventual win.
Svartorm
7/29/13 2:21:54PM
Also, if you've never seen Tommy Gun in real life, check out this highlight reel. Tommy Morrison HL

The one at 6:08 is one of my favorite boxing KOs ever. The guy had some kind of freak power in his punches that you almost never see. You'll notice that his strikes are never impeded by his opponent, snapping their heads all over the place, which is why he has so many horrific knockouts. Of course, he was actually a pretty shitty boxer all things considered, but whatever.
Chael_Sonnen
7/29/13 2:55:12PM
Listen! Dixon would win via Tommy failing the blood test.
postman
7/31/13 3:05:48PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Listen! Dixon would win via Tommy failing the blood test.

He was cured I thought
jay98107
7/31/13 3:42:43PM

Posted by Svartorm

Also, if you've never seen Tommy Gun in real life, check out this highlight reel. Tommy Morrison HL

The one at 6:08 is one of my favorite boxing KOs ever. The guy had some kind of freak power in his punches that you almost never see. You'll notice that his strikes are never impeded by his opponent, snapping their heads all over the place, which is why he has so many horrific knockouts. Of course, he was actually a pretty shitty boxer all things considered, but whatever.

He's got some amazing highlights, but unfortunately for him this will always be the thing I think of when I think of Morrison.

jay98107
7/31/13 3:47:32PM
One thing about this matchup is Gunn would outweigh Dixon by about 50 pounds, based on the real life boxers. Dixon is a better technical boxer but that's a helluva size/power disadvantage.