While I was in Montana, my friend Wayland and I ran across an abandoned copper mine on the road to our property. Being reckless idiots, we decided to strap on ridiculous amounts of guns, grab a camera, and venture a quarter mile into the Earth to a place abandoned due to cave-ins. This is our story:
1. Our story begins with me driving like a typical Montana resident.
2. After strapping on enough firearms to kill several zombie miners, we travel into the old mine. We don't know how long its been abandoned, but theres graffiti from the 1920's, so probably a long ass time.
3. Wayland bravely leads on with 10mm Glock, machette, and thermos. We figured the machette was a good idea, being as if we did run into a mountain lion or something and had to fight it, we'd be permenantly deaf from firing a gun in the cave and it could cause more cave-ins. Plus it was a good excuse to carry a machette.
4. The mine used to be three levels, but the stairs to the upper level disintegrated, and the lower level was apparently abandoned when they hit water and flooded the whole thing. The picture isn't very good, but you can sort of see the water level against the wood.
5. This looks like frost, but its actually quartz in its beginning stages.